Author Topic: 1.3.6 Hotfix Flamethrower  (Read 135688 times)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
1.3.6 Hotfix Flamethrower
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »
Nerfed as requested.

1.2 Fire Dmg
18% Fire Ignition

Too much nerf?  Too little nerf?

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.6 Hotfix Flamethrower
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:44 pm »
I'll take a 4 flamer Mobula and find out.

Offline Marza

• Salutes: 2
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:53:39 pm »
After playing with it for a day and even taking a triple flamer pyramidion for a game, I'm pretty happy with the current flame thrower.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »
I really like it a lot right now!!! the only thing I would suggest would be to bring the range in a bit and a slight buff to the amount of stacks chem spray puts out

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 05:22:44 pm »
I really like it a lot right now!!! the only thing I would suggest would be to bring the range in a bit and a slight buff to the amount of stacks chem spray puts out

That's something I wouldn't mind testing. Like you said it makes lesmock all the more useful.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:34 pm »
Flamer, while not able to do everything on its own, is still a ridiculously powerful disabler that can't be dealt with in a fun and practical manner.

Having every particle hit is too much of a buff and fire stacks are far too quick even with good chem spraying.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:16:52 pm »
I've flown two matches with a flamethrower-gat build against BFS with a SIR-Ryder team tonight.
Based on these experiences I think the flamer is in a acceptable state on a competitive level. It lacks the raw killing power of competing builds which is usually necessary for brawly builds against experienced and coordinates pilots and crews. Still I think it might be an interesting option for a couple of builds (side weapons of goldies, 3rd weapon for trifectas, squids, etc).

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:03 am »
I've flown two matches with a flamethrower-gat build against BFS with a SIR-Ryder team tonight.
Based on these experiences I think the flamer is in a acceptable state on a competitive level. It lacks the raw killing power of competing builds which is usually necessary for brawly builds against experienced and coordinates pilots and crews. Still I think it might be an interesting option for a couple of builds (side weapons of goldies, 3rd weapon for trifectas, squids, etc).

yup and with the return of the heatsink we may start seeing more gunners finally!! (just not on my ships)

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:46:20 am »
Flamer, while not able to do everything on its own, is still a ridiculously powerful disabler that can't be dealt with in a fun and practical manner.

Having every particle hit is too much of a buff and fire stacks are far too quick even with good chem spraying.

once an ultra close combat weapon gets close it SHOULD feel hard to beat!  the key is to soften the target up before it gets there... also if you have heatsink loaded up you will be able to kill it long before it kills you since it does almost no damage

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 05:26:21 am »
Current flamethrower is balanced.

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 08:28:04 am »
Still overpowered, too much disable power... xD

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:16 am »
Still overpowered, too much disable power... xD

I'm shocked to hear you say this!  you were the main engi on a boat of mine and we handled it just fine... I remember talking about how well we handled it in fact..

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 08:48:21 am »
Haha I like the flamethrower... But some ships once they get hit, their structure makes it too hard to remove the high number of flame counters... Everything just burns...

But also Janeway, none of the ships we hit with that flamer survived... :P

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:10 am »
none of the ships I hit survive regardless... ;) false senses of superiority a side,  I think your crew just needs to decide they are going to be committed against fire and you'll be fine... I will always have heatsink clips one person with chem and another with ext, and my boats will always be fine.  it's a mentality shift that's all.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 11:20:12 am »
Glad to hear most of you are liking it.  As usual, I will keep monitoring the weapon to see if it needs further tuning.  It does push for newer kinds of engineer builds and behaviors and it might be pushing them a little too hard.