Author Topic: Add initial CP activation delay to CP maps (particularly Crazy King)  (Read 4955 times)

Offline krait

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Since different machines load the maps at different speeds, I find it's not uncommon for one team's ships to be on a points or points (especially Crazy King) before the other ships can be half way there -- in an otherwise fair match, this gives the quicker-loading team a "free" lead. This, coupled with what seems like the possibility for a Crazy King point to start nearer to the first point can give a significant advantage. To diminish both effects, I propose at least a 30 second delay past when the server starts the round before the points are activated (and in the case of Crazy Kings, before the first point is even indicated), diminishing the negative effect of loading delays and allowing ships to disperse past their spawn location enough that spawn-distance bias is also somewhat nullified (since the good preparatory strategy for capturing an as yet unknown point is to position yourself within reach of at least several of them).

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Add initial CP activation delay to CP maps (particularly Crazy King)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 07:29:58 am »
How about CP-roulette?  For the first 30 seconds the active CP randomly pings around the map every 5 seconds, eventually settling on the first active point?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Add initial CP activation delay to CP maps (particularly Crazy King)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 07:44:32 am »
How about CP-roulette?  For the first 30 seconds the active CP randomly pings around the map every 5 seconds, eventually settling on the first active point?

I'm loving this idea so, so much.