Author Topic: [Suggestion] Manual Starts Unlocked  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Chundleford

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Manual Starts Unlocked
« on: April 28, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »
Hello! I didn't see this anywhere else, so perhaps my feedback will be helpful.

Right now the 3 detailed statistical bits of the manual (Wilson's notes Vol 1/2 and Evadne's Reports) are essentially blank for a new player, and selectively blank for players who have not completed the specific achievements that unlock each item. The detailed information in these tomes, if kept up to date, is very well situated to provide players with knowledge right in the game client. The achievements for using the various ships and guns are great, I do not think they should be tied to pages of the manual.

Basically new players and anyone else should be able to see things like gun arcs and range, or the armor total of a ship without having to look it up online. It's actually a great resource, but the players like me who have unlocked it generally need it less than the ones that haven't yet.

Offline Lenin's Ghost

• Muse
  • Salutes: 3
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Manual Starts Unlocked
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:51:19 pm »
Hi Chundleford, thank you for your feedback.

I agree! I brought this up when evaluating the new player learning experience, and it should be happening... at some point in the future ;) Thanks for the reminder though, I will talk to Eric about it again.

Also, please feel free to e-mail suggestions to feedback@musegames.com.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:32:14 pm »
While I agree with this suggestion - I think it should be noted.. Removing unlock-able content removes playtime from the game - imo. (playtime maybe not the right word but I can't think of one)..

So I would suggest  adding in something new that is instead unlocked, even if it is just things like concept art (I assume that is made for most things? haha idk really) for the gun on the guns page.. or something - to keep the same level of unlock-ables - available..

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 07:24:53 am »
I actually like the achievement-unlock concept. However I agree this information should be easily accessible and by no way require any sort of grinding.
What about making the achievements super simple so you unlock them when using the weapon correctly once?
Something like:
- Destroy one balloon with a lumberjack.
- Hit an enemies hull with a harpoon.
- Shoot a flare gun and spot an enemy inside a cloud.