Author Topic: Spire Changes?  (Read 35937 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Spire Changes?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2014, 11:08:16 pm »
I wouldn't say engineer captain isn't wanted. I've considered running it quite a few times. You can ask any crew I run with, I jump off the helm a lot. The problem with acceleration or turning buffs is that it doesn't help the glass cannon do what it's supposed to: Fire it's guns. If you give it some hull armor it can actually out-fire something. If you can't out-fire anything, why even consider a spire? It can't take advantage of cover, so positional advantages are harder to pull off. You aren't going to out-fly anything just by nature of your easy to hit profile, so turn speed and acceleration aren't going to do much. All a turn speed buff would do is help you turn your guns onto arc marginally faster which isn't a concern at spire range, on a ship where turning is already pretty good. An acceleration buff would help against ships shooting you at your side. However you are never going to win with a spire if you aren't pointing at the enemy.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 12:14:12 am »
The design fitted with the baloon because it was tough to repair.
But an easy to repair component next to a person at all times will lead to an engineer captain, which isnt a wanted aspect. Along with this leading to an incredibly tanky behaviour.
It is a better option than straight up armor, but the design of the ship will change alot. It wont leverage the firepower longer. Its still the same hull that holds the same numbers.
One mallet swing or wrench swing when the hull armor is damaged is the only thing being more convinient. Other than that, running to rebuild is still going to make the firepower suffer.

Current set up can let the gunner run up to help on the hull with the same distance as to the baloon. (Perhaps 0.3 seconds longer path)
Meaning that current set up is actualy tankier if gunner and pilot are aware of the hull along with an engineer who also should be aware of the hull.

And by that time where everyone is rebuilding, you will be wanting to run away, juke or something.
What is wrong with acceleration buff and turning? D:

I already almost always engineer captain Spires.  Having the hull right behind the helm and next to the guns will allow minimal delay between repairs/rebuilds and shooting.  A big improvement to the ship in many ways.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
Oh come on, the acceleration isnt about the guns. The guns on the spire is fine. Its the Spire as a SHIP.
The acceleration buff helps for the sake of survivability, utility and positioning.

The survivability comes from Reaction.

With acceleration buff, the spire will be able to react to most things. As soon as you are in a threatning situation, the spire should be able to react and do something about it.
It can use cover with this, and outrun shots being shot at with it.

Utility comes from mindgames

An acceleration buff to the point of noticability. The spire as a slender form, a pin point dot. Like i mentioned with mind gaming versus a pyra or a squid. With acceleration buff, the spire can go back to finding their range versus an opponent quickly.

And position comes from actualy putting the spire where it seppoused to be.

The most basic examples is stopping from hitting a wall. Being able to go around corners quickly. And quickly go to cover to cover without too much wind-up.

People can allready win with this current spire, the strength of the ship, is being strong on its sudden offence. The weakness of the ship is being easily harmed. Another weakness is its difficulty, so what i ask is a strength that revolves around the spires body.

Edit: Im thinking 6.00 acceleration or more. The spire is 3.00. Squid is 5.50.   Pyramideon is 2.50.   Galleon is 2.10.   Junker 4.30.  Mobula 4.25.   Goldfish 3.50
Spire falls right above pyra accel, right under goldfish accel. Junker and Mobula even they with greater stats, armor many things of numbers than the spire have 1.25 more acceleration.

The spires stats are just bad. The only stat that fits the design of the ship to be greater than others is acceleration to help its body.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:35:14 am by Crafeksterty »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 07:01:54 am »
If the Spire gets shot at, it's in most cases already losing, so it has to escape to get a better engagement next time, and turning around corners is probably the only way for the Spire to escape.

I don't see any problem with moving the hull up. How long stays a Spire alive when both pilot and gunner sit on the hull? I would rather make use of the gunner to shoot at the enemy to get less damage myself. And I do believe a Spire profits more from pilot tools than from one more engineer tanking the hull.

Offline Mandoza

• Salutes: 0
    • [FOXX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 01:28:09 am »
I would take the hull and put it up top and give it more armor and a slower time to repair...  I would then make the overall health of the ship less.  The resulting changes would make the top engineer a better gunner for the top guns which would really strengthen the spire.  I really like the idea of having my top gunner on the weapons at all times and being able just to run over and whack the hull with the mallet. Likewise I think that the main engine should get much more health as a result of the engineer being so far away being more of a supplement gunner and repairing the hull the engineer in charge of that will be quite far away(which is in line with making the acceleration faster you would think that the engine would get more HP)

Edit: Im thinking 6.00 acceleration or more. The spire is 3.00. Squid is 5.50.   Pyramideon is 2.50.   Galleon is 2.10.   Junker 4.30.  Mobula 4.25.   Goldfish 3.50
Spire falls right above pyra accel, right under goldfish accel. Junker and Mobula even they with greater stats, armor many things of numbers than the spire have 1.25 more acceleration.

I like the sounds of 6.0 maybe even 6.33(Repeating hahahah<3) but I think even that might overdo it...  I think it might be better if we have closer to a 5.0 rather then a 6.  The spire really does need to get upto speed fast but I don't think that it needs to be that fast...

I also think the baloon based abilities that make you go up and down should do quite a bit less damage on the spire because they are really helpful in escaping a ram from a paramidilion or a barage from a galleon.(but that maybe a whole other can of worms I shant get into even though I want...  I am just going to leave that there.   I in no way think that the spire should have more balloon health...

PS.  I will add to this later it's really unfinished g2g

Also,  PPS  welcome me to the forums <3
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:43:25 am by Mandoza »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 02:33:55 am »
Oh come on, the acceleration isnt about the guns. The guns on the spire is fine. Its the Spire as a SHIP.
The acceleration buff helps for the sake of survivability, utility and positioning.

The survivability comes from Reaction.

With acceleration buff, the spire will be able to react to most things. As soon as you are in a threatning situation, the spire should be able to react and do something about it.
It can use cover with this, and outrun shots being shot at with it.

Utility comes from mindgames

An acceleration buff to the point of noticability. The spire as a slender form, a pin point dot. Like i mentioned with mind gaming versus a pyra or a squid. With acceleration buff, the spire can go back to finding their range versus an opponent quickly.

And position comes from actualy putting the spire where it seppoused to be.

The most basic examples is stopping from hitting a wall. Being able to go around corners quickly. And quickly go to cover to cover without too much wind-up.

People can allready win with this current spire, the strength of the ship, is being strong on its sudden offence. The weakness of the ship is being easily harmed. Another weakness is its difficulty, so what i ask is a strength that revolves around the spires body.

The spires stats are just bad. The only stat that fits the design of the ship to be greater than others is acceleration to help its body.

THANK YOU! I've been saying this forever and people laughed at me. It's a glass cannon and it needs to kite. It's really silly how ano matter how well crewed a spire is, all a pyra has to do is charge it to win.