Author Topic: Traveller's theme  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Cancaro

• Salutes: 12
    • [404]
    • View Profile
Traveller's theme
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:09:29 pm »
This is just my humble opinion, but I don't like the traveller's theme the way it is now. I mean, I like A LOT the idea of the traveller's theme and the concept, but all the items, expecially pots and swords, seems to have much lesser details than the ship. They also seems to work poorly with shadows.

Also the variety of the items I think can be improved; not just carpets, pots, swords and dreamcatchers, but since it's gypsy/merchant stye it could be boxes and barrels, cooking equipment, dresses, other colour cloth on the ropes (other than the standard carpet or just the dreamcatchers), books, ammo, and so on... since it's a traveller ship it can have any kind of everyday life equipment on it.
Of course I'm not saying EVERY ship should have EVERY KIND of items, or be full of them, but some variety other than copy and paste pots/carpets can be nice.

Again, this is my humble opinion, other than that you're doing a great job in keeping this game interesting ;)
...aand of course I hope my english is good enough xD

Offline forestsprite

• Salutes: 1
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Traveller's theme
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »
Your English is good. Also, agreed.

These things do take time, though. I think we're moving in the right direction. :D

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Traveller's theme
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 04:35:15 pm »
Its just a theme. Expect to see more silly stuff that dont fit much at all... Or atleast i kinda hope.

to me, the travelers theme does work. Makes ships magical. For players who dont usualy see this always makes them wowed at the theme.