Author Topic: Silly Fluff Suggestion for Coop Mode  (Read 4575 times)

Offline TheLostCavalier

• Salutes: 2
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Silly Fluff Suggestion for Coop Mode
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:03:55 am »
I am, like the rest of you I imagine, very excited for the new Coop Mode. It is great to see Muse continuing to improve an already awesome game. I had an idea while watching the PAX demonstration twitch of the Coop Mode. I noticed the enemy ships were labeled things like “Arashi Corvette” when spotted. I don’t know how taxing this would be on the team or the game, but it might be cool if the airships displayed an individual ship name when marked (eg. Pride of Sirad, Caustic, TB-3686, Beasts and Bullets, Coaleater, The Firehog, Wind Stalker). Maybe have a pool of names appropriate for the race and specific airship type that could be randomly picked from when marked. I think it would add great flavor to the game and give the bots a face (“I am going to KILL Scrapyard Belle if it is the last thing I do!”). This may also make it a little more challenging for the players to tell exactly what they are up against. You could even do something like display the names with the spyglass but then display the ship type and guns with the rangefinder. This could be a bad idea for so many reasons (programming difficulty, added game difficulty, inconsistent with world story, the designers already considered and dismissed this), but I thought I would mention it. I would certainly submit ship names. I know the folks at Muse are very busy people at a very busy company so don't mean to suggest stupid stuff that adds to their workload. Thanks for all your hard work. Love the lightning in the new coop map.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Fluff Suggestion for Coop Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:25:57 am »
Neat idea, kinda takes away the ships as characters then.

In Left for dead, 2 hunters arent really seperated. They are hunters. If we see corvettes we see "Corvettes". Not 4 random ship names that one of them could be a bonefish if you are super blind.

Having them as a standard enemy name "Corvette" "Bonefish" or how it was like it is shown, then you also have a cooler emphasis on the players ships. They are hero ships that take down these small zergs of ships.

Offline TheLostCavalier

• Salutes: 2
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:26:13 am »
Ah, I see what you mean by keeping the ship types as characters. I really think it could go either way. That is why I am not a developer, let them decide. They have made great choices so far. Maybe I just want a place to express all my ship names. Got more of them than ships.  : )

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 12:28:47 pm »
I could see this being used in a VIP kind of mission to distinguish a target ship from the rest of the fleet. The name of the ship would be in the initial mission description with the objective to destroy it and in game that name could pop up once identified with the spyglass. I think that'd have a bit more personality than "target" or "VIP corvette"