Author Topic: The ol' girl says hello  (Read 13317 times)

Offline nanana

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
The ol' girl says hello
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:54:06 am »
I'm not sure if this goes here, oh well lets post it here and see what happens...

Hello there my good friend(or possible friend) you don't know me and i (possibly) don't know you.
Let's put and end to that shall we?
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is......not a very exciting name to be honest. so how 'bout you call me "nanana"
I've been playing guns of icarus since it first came into open beta on steam, and i can safely say my time spent playing this gem of a game has not been spent well.

I only have 21 hours under my belt and i've taken down only one ship.
Spare me your applause, i have more to say.

The reason for my poor stats does not come from a lack of skill i can assure you that, (when i go engineer that ship stays in the sky! And when i man the guns the enemies' bodies line the ground! AND WHEN I GO CAPTAIN i drink too much moonshine and my ship blows up.)
It stems from a lack of friends(or possible friends). being an odd one out on a team full of clan boys chatting away about how cool and awesome it is to be in a clan and how there hats are so fancy, can get to me.

So that's why i'm here on the forums, to make some friends.
Yes, lets all be friends. The best of friends.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The ol' girl says hello
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:26:00 am »
We have an introduction forum :D but welcome nonetheless! I hope you find a home here and choose to stick around for while longer.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 05:40:49 am »
welcome aboard nanana!

hope to see you ingame :)

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:52:47 am »
Hey [insert supposedly not very exciting name or "nanana" here], welcome to the forums! Also, have a salute, they're always well spent.

If you feel left out of discussions because of lacking fancy hats - how about getting a fancy moustache? I bet they will envy you soon and you're gonna be discussion topic N°1.

Offline FluffyHetsche

• Salutes: 4
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 10:43:22 am »
Hi there! c:

I'll keep my eyes peeled and hopefully we'll meet in-game. It's always nice to get to know fellow girls around here ♥

Offline nanana

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:54:06 am »
We have an introduction forum :D but welcome nonetheless! I hope you find a home here and choose to stick around for while longer.
I did not see the introduction forum when i was browsing, i do apologize for clogging up the general discussion. Also i do plan on staying much longer.

Hey [insert supposedly not very exciting name or "nanana" here], welcome to the forums! Also, have a salute, they're always well spent.

If you feel left out of discussions because of lacking fancy hats - how about getting a fancy moustache?

Yes! Grand idea, i'll have the fanciest mustache in the sky. And thanks for the salute, i'm not sure what that is but have a salute from me.

Offline Melon McCrabernathy

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:40 pm »
Hi, my names Melon, and I'm a dentist.

So if you're ever in need of a friendly dental check up, come find me in game :D

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:49:13 am »
Hello, I'm Ariden.

As a brief introduction, I am ruthless sky captain with a love for all things soft and fluffy. Sometimes you will see me dodging and whooshing around in my deadly Squid, and other times you will see me flapping my arms around and joking about tacos and Mexicans.

Hope to see you in game!

Oh, and http://i.imgur.com/b1Rcb.jpg
'Cause we get to be buddies now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:52:43 am by Ariden »

Offline Chmielewski

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 04:20:41 am »
Hello! Welcome to the skies! =)

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 08:48:59 am »
Welcome to GoIO!
There's always the docks if you want to find a clan and if you want to meet the more... interesting part of the community then arrange an exhibition into The Pit, don't worry it's (mostly) safe down there :P

So if you're ever in need of a friendly dental check up, come find me in game :D
Where's your office/dental facility/ whatever else they're called. Or is it the ship? And if so do you operate during combat because I think that'll add a nice twist to my next dental check up.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:51:03 am by Cheesy Crackers »

Offline Melon McCrabernathy

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

Where's your office/dental facility/ whatever else they're called. Or is it the ship? And if so do you operate during combat because I think that'll add a nice twist to my next dental check up.

Well Mr Crackers if you add me in game and contact me, I'm sure I will be able to fit you in for your next dental appointment. I can perform it in any place you desire, but i prefer to do it aboard a moving ship, it helps to steady my hands.  8)

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:36:03 am »

Well Mr Crackers if you add me in game and contact me, I'm sure I will be able to fit you in for your next dental appointment. I can perform it in any place you desire, but i prefer to do it aboard a moving ship, it helps to steady my hands.  8)

Whatever you do...just do NOT say "yes" to this offer. Good advice. Trust me. Should he ask I didn't say a word.  :-X

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »
Welcome to the forums nanana. Don't be disheartened by your early failures as captain, we all spent our first few rounds as captain burning, crashing, or ineffective. Heck I still spend a good amount of my time crashing and burning. The most important thing is to keep close to your team mate and coordinate with them. Getting caught in a 2v1 or letting your ally do the same is a sure fire way to loose.

The GOI community tends to be a little older than most gaming communities. The game tends to reward planning and decision making over dexterity and muscle memory.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 12:32:17 pm »
Welcome to the forums nanana. Don't be disheartened by your early failures as captain, we all spent our first few rounds as captain burning, crashing, or ineffective. Heck I still spend a good amount of my time crashing and burning. The most important thing is to keep close to your team mate and coordinate with them. Getting caught in a 2v1 or letting your ally do the same is a sure fire way to loose.

The GOI community tends to be a little older than most gaming communities. The game tends to reward planning and decision making over dexterity and muscle memory.
Engineering for a bit (on good ships) is an excellent way to learn how and when to use pilot tools (which are severely underutilized by newer players). Sticking close to your ally is a must until you reach higher levels and can start trying different, but severely coordinated, tactics. Ask more experienced players what gun combos work well for your ship (and don't be afraid to tell people no to a ship or loadout change - the captain of a ship is the ruler of a ship). Use lobby text chat in the lobbies and use your microphone in matches. Text chat in lobbies is a good way to meet friendly people without cluttering the lobby with noise, and talking to your crew in game helps you do better, learn more, and make friends.

Offline snor-laxatives

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »
Eyo!  If you're ever on ungodly late at night (EST) look me up!  I putz around the sky that time of night wouldnt mind helping yah out.