Author Topic: Character outfit development tread (EVERYONE WELCOME)  (Read 20367 times)

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Character outfit development tread (EVERYONE WELCOME)
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »
Sup.
Our game obviously misses some new outfits for our characters.  Why developers dont give them us? Maybe they lack ideas? Or dont know what we, players, want from outfits?

I suggest to make this tread to start working on new outfit for characters together.  Everyone welcome. If you are artist - great, if you just have an idea which you can show - perfect, if you have an idea which you cant show, but able to explain - that will work too !

To start this discussion , I want to share some of my ideas.
First one is a male version of Riot Runner outfit.

There were suggested several ideas about it - ading gloves (fingerless like female or normal?) and making sleeves longer and adding gountlets. I am also not sure about colours. So ideas will be helpful.

Second idea is connected to GREAT SKIRT PROBLEM in all games. the problem comes from that skirt is something not very easy to model, so all skirts in games are very short , or very long, nothing in middle.

I did a sketch which could show another possible option of making something like a middle-length skirt in GOIO. We can make another steampunk look, alternative to Red Sparrow outfit, but showing not tights but pantalons. Another possible option is decorating skirt with tournure , to make it look more feminine and bulk

So colleagues, I am waiting for your own ideas and outfits!

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Character outfit development tread (EVERYONE WELCOME)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:51:48 pm »
Just came up with idea that crin might work instead of skirt too

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »
I really like the segmented skirt, please keep it.

Also, how am I supposed to jump around to repair things in those shoes  ???

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:34:07 pm »
I really like the segmented skirt, please keep it.

Also, how am I supposed to jump around to repair things in those shoes  ???

ASK MUSE!!!! We already have several outfits with high heels, I just making heels more steady.

Back to Male Runner. Zidane Tribal Edition
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:42:59 pm by Tanya Phenole »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:36:16 pm »
moar!

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:02:48 pm »
Maybe long sleeves look better

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »
Il come up with one soon. Just leaving this here to say. Effin awesome.

Had a very sci fi sounding avant garde like music on the background, so it felt like looking at models strutting and walking the cat walk as i scrolled down XD  Very cool stuff!

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »
Just as a note, I was told at the Muse office that a few new outfits will arrive before co-op. Didn't see anything in specific, but that's what I was told.

(hopefully Eric doesn't murder me for spoilers >.>)

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 01:20:23 am »
Just as a note, I was told at the Muse office that a few new outfits will arrive before co-op. Didn't see anything in specific, but that's what I was told.

(hopefully Eric doesn't murder me for spoilers >.>)

This is great news but we still need to keep exchanging the ideas to make outfits we like !

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 05:38:57 am »
the store is stagnating, and some of the older costumes are boring compared to the new ones. Would be amazing if we could get some more variety.

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:19 am »
I really love the ideas. I'm hoping Muse will get some ideas from this thread!

I'm adding a suggestion of my own. I would really like my character to use an open leather jacket, as he is currently using a kind of a padded jacket. I'm currently using the Revolutionary outfit on my gunner, which does come close but doesn't fit my idea of an actual leather jacket.

The Khovansky has the idea I'm after - an open jacket that has some fitting clothing underneath it. It's a different kind of a jacket though, reaching the knees. Would there be an option to have something in between? An open brown leather jacket with fitting steampunk clothing underneath? Pics below to illustrate:

My gunner with the Revolutionary costume
How he would look with Khovansky
The general idea I'm after (ignore the jeans and the shirt underneath the jacket)

edit: I'm stupid. Khovansky is a coat, not a jacket. I have two excuses though when it comes to naming clothing; I'm a man and English is not my native tongue. :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:20:13 am by Schwerbelastung »

Offline Alex Gun

• Salutes: 0
    • [SHPR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 06:17:19 am »
Ok, already posted this in the "sugestions" section, but I think it must be here too :)

My Gunner outfit concept

Offline Anchorshag

• Salutes: 1
    • [MEAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 08:09:19 am »
My issue with the male characters in this game is that they all look really scrawny and wimpy. They're probably all malnourished but that's no excuse not to wear cool, bulky clothes. Also more masks.

Also everyone and their dad wears the Khovanksy coat. I actually get sick of seeing it. So well done to you creative few designing new stuff to wear.

Offline Alex Gun

• Salutes: 0
    • [SHPR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 10:07:26 am »
You're right about "wimpy" :)
Funny thing is that Gunners have the biggest choise of outfits, but still Khovansky coat is the best)

Talking about bukles

It can be one or two-sleaved, and shouder pads are optional

I must say I'm new to steampunk, so I'm mixing it with some pirate and postapocalypse-biker stuff.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 10:21:30 pm »
My issue with the male characters in this game is that they all look really scrawny and wimpy. They're probably all malnourished but that's no excuse not to wear cool, bulky clothes. Also more masks.

Also everyone and their dad wears the Khovanksy coat. I actually get sick of seeing it. So well done to you creative few designing new stuff to wear.

The problem with Male clothes is that you have normal clothes (revelutionary, corsair, Fixer) which although they might look skinny, they are normal clothes that fit the setting in a realistic way and I enjoy them (love the conductor and revolutionary). However on the contrast we have things like Bruiser, Souvenier and Warrior (the one that has grass coming out of the shoulders) that is WAY to bulky and looks crazy because of stupid shoulder pads that make no sense. If they are to make new items they need to find a way of proportioning it so that we don't have to deal with ugly shoulder pads (maybe a full knight armor that is bulky across the whole body, it would also fit in with the lore of the Fjorlanders)