Author Topic: Cloud Fix  (Read 5918 times)

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Cloud Fix
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:59 am »
I know how to fix clouds and Muse must implement it ASAP: Make all clouds into Minecraft Clouds. Current clouds are crap. Erase them and replace them into giant solid white blocks. It would probably help with performance and it would fix spot issues, when one team can see the other team but the other one can't or one team thinks it is safely in the cloud and other tream can see them without any problems.

I'm tired of being shafted by the clouds every time.

Or at least make it and option to have clouds rendered that way.

Edit: I had moredated my post a bit, sorry about that outburst.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:19:34 am by Mattilald Anguisad »

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Fix
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:44:22 am »
There was talk about the clouds about two-three weeks ago on a fireside chat. If I remember correctly, they chose these kind of clouds because of visuals - pre-rendered clouds would have looked more stale. I'm not sure if this is something that is feasible to have as a "switch" under options - I mean, choosing between cloud rendering types in a MP game where choosing one of the options practically gives you an edge. However, I'm not a programmer or a game designer by profession.

There are problems with the clouds as they are, though, as you mentioned. In addition to sometimes seeing enemies in/behind clouds in the middle of the match, sometimes you can spot enemies behind a cloud if it has not been rendered on your screen yet,  and there's funky stuff going on with the captain's spot in that regard too.

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »
It wouln't tehnicaly give you an edge, as much as it would allow you to use game mechanics as intended. By making it a option bethween you could switch from working clouds to pretty clouds- that is if the pretty clouds have to remain in game. As is the clouds are rendered non-deterministicaly client side and are rendered diffirent on each client, ussualy not overlaping correctly with clout hitboxes. If you implemented the less pretty blocky Minecraft Clouds, the cloud area would by definition overlap with it's hitbox.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:54:29 am »
Couldn't the under the hood code be using minecraft square clouds but the textures of pretty clouds. Unless the current system works like that in some way.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:01:59 am »
Clouds will be consistent across clients as of next patch.  And still pretty.

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:01:48 am »
I guess that works too :P now we just need the new patch to be released :P