Author Topic: Hades what is it good for?  (Read 27225 times)

Offline Levi mann

• Salutes: 23
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
Hades what is it good for?
« on: April 15, 2014, 02:30:54 am »
I’m going to start this out with two statements. First if you are taking advice from someone who's Avatar is a Pink Fluffy Unicorn it's your own damn fault. Secondly I have dyslexia and suffer from ShitSpellingidis so if you see shit grammar and misspellings point them out and don’t chuckle to yourself at my eighth grade spelling Teachers expense.

If you are still here you probably want to see my cred... I have played 500 matches and over 230 hours of Goio and and being conservative 450 of those matches have been on a Hades. All of the info used in this post can be found on the Goio wiki and in the official patch notes.
Okay lets start with what the Hades can do. Then I will reveal where you can take all this bad ass knowledge you have gleaned, also how to use this knowledge to be helpful not only to your crew mates but to your ego, because who does like to look smart.

There are a few quirks to using the Hades Light Cannon, such as a 25% chance to apply 1 Fire Charge on Direct hit, a 40% chance to apply 1 Fire Charge on AoE, a .6 second Arm time and buffing the gun will give you a 20% increase to your damage. Many people used different ammo for their Hades, but I use Normal, Lesmok, Greased, so they are the three I'm going to elaborate on.

The Normal ammo that muse has granted us is very decent.

Lesmok is the ammo that I prefer because of its long range.

and last but not least is Greased for those close range engagements.

Now that we have covered what the Hades and its different ammo can do lets take a look at where you would us the Hades in combat. So first things first the Hades is good on two types of ships, ones that have two or more guns supporting it after it breaks armor such as
the Junker,

the Spire,

or the Galleon,

and ships that can keep the Hades on you as it back peddles away such as the Pyramidion

to be continued...

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
Re: Hades what is it good for?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:37:50 am »
i accidentally made two of these this is the right one

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »
Interesting to see.

Hades is an all around good ranged pressure weapon, something that I could see theoretically being used to good effect on a squid.

It deals fire damage, so hitting a balloon with it is not useless if your gunner misses. It deals piercing damage so hitting the armor of a ship will pressure that ship to be careful about ramming/being rammed. It bursts and has a chance to set fire to multiple components, requiring extra time off of guns to handle repairs. Finally it explodes and gives a nice big "Over here!" call to any ship it hits, unlike the gatling.

It is very useful for assisting in kills, assisting a close-range ally from a safer distance, and pressuring an enemy to back off or focus fire on you as a distraction. It has pretty good upwards arcs, and so pairs well with an artemis because it allows you to continue shooting upwards at an enemy that went up to get out of arcs, pressuring them to make a decision quickly, and keeping pressure on while you regain artemis arcs.

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:22:56 pm »

"I could see theoretically being used to good effect on a squid."

the problem i see with using the hades on a squid is that the hades needs a stable firing platform aka a junker/galleon, so you only have to calculate the movement of the enemy ship and the arc and distance of your gun and not the movement of your ship as well. the hades also has a 5 second reload and only 8 shots you are never going to be able to focus anyone target while ducking in and out of cover.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:30:28 pm by Levi Mann »

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:31:28 pm »
In a cover sniping situation, use the squid to maneuver into a position where it can maintain pressure on an enemy while the damage dealing ship moves back into cover and repairs. Could this be done by other ships? Sure. But I can see it doing something interesting on a squid. That said until we see someone take it to competitive there is no real definitive answer. But in pubs it could easily be more of a ranged harassment squid if you get a decent gunner.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »
Squids work best with wide arc/close range weapons. Unless it is a mine launcher one light gun is not going to be able to suppress a moderately competent enemy crew, so you need the bifecta to pose a legitimate threat. I think the Hades can bifecta with an Artemis but at that point you might as well take a junker or mobula to get that extra gun.

For a long range alternate weapon on a squid I prefer the mercury. The shatter/piercing damage is the best way to help out an ally from long range. If your ally needs to get away you can shoot out the enemy's guns or engines. If you just need to tip the scales in a brawl from across the map, the merc's faster projectile will mean a lower miss chance.

Great Guide Levi, I especially like the range breakdown of the gunnery ticks. What is you opinion of incendiary on the Hades for shortening the arming distance?

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »
redria
just pointing of the flaw i saw, ive seen hades work well on squid but you would want it on the side and there needs to be a lot of communication between the gunner and the captain because at that point the captain is aiming and the gunner is just pulling the trigger.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:07:03 pm by Levi Mann »

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:06:30 pm »
HamsterIV
i could math it out for you and i have done it in the past, but in the dps race that is this game you will be using hades for hull break so the added fire and the lowered piercing would be a detriment to Hades lowing its strong points and increasing the damage that you don't want, also if you are in fight where you are at a such a close range that you need a hades popping up at 50 meters why not just bring a gat? Also greased lowers arm time to about 100 meters and you have the same dps over a whole clip as the normal ammo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:08:36 pm by Levi Mann »

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »
incendiary 250(.65)=162.5   162.5(.6)= 97.5 arm time and 162.5(5.6)=910 max range
-30% clip size, -30% rate of fire and only 25% to cause fire

greased 250*.8=200   200(.6)= 120 arim time and 200(5.6)=1120 max rage
 -20% damage with +60% rate of fire, +20% clip size -15% rotation speed,
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:45:23 pm by Levi Mann »

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »
incendiary 250(.65)=162.5   162.5(.6)= 97.5 arm time and 162.5(5.6)=910 max range
-30% clip size, -30% rate of fire and only 25% to cause fire

greased 250*.8=200   200(.6)= 120 arim time and 200(5.6)=1120 max rage
 -20% damage with +60% rate of fire, +20% clip size -15% rotation speed,
Just pointing out, that right there was the 64000th post in these forums. Nice.

I guess I just want to see a hades quid in competitive. Or more squids in competitive in general. Probably because I wish I was good enough to fly one. Not really good advice for this thread. Apologies.

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »
Not really good advice for this thread. Apologies.
um you advice is more valuable than my whole thread

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »
I don't play gunner much so when I shoot Hades it is as a engineer with lesmok and normal ammo. I bring incendiary whenever there is a chance that we will be fighting inside normal arming range. Usually on the light flack and mine launcher on close range maps. I don't usually put the Hades on my ships since it is harder to use than some of its alternatives. From the receiving end I recognize that the Hades is a very effective weapon in good hands.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 03:10:52 pm »
Well you could theoretically use one of those strange backwards closerange squids when flying with a hades front for long/midrange assist ...

But another point ...
If you want to maximize your arming decrease on a Hades i would suggest heatsink over incendiary.
The drawback from incendiary is to low for the benefit of extra fire stacks.
The hades already puts alot of component fires onto the enemy.
Either greased for the additional Rate of Fire or heatsink for the additional clipsize in my opinion.

Wouldnt suggest it for light flak either ... just to add ...

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:50 pm »
Not really good advice for this thread. Apologies.
um you advice is more valuable than my whole thread
Stop that. I have actually shot a hades in probably less than 10 matches ever. I just cross my fingers and hope my gunners know what they are doing when I fly. Because I don't.

I don't play gunner much so when I shoot Hades it is as a engineer with lesmok and normal ammo. I bring incendiary whenever there is a chance that we will be fighting inside normal arming range. Usually on the light flack and mine launcher on close range maps. I don't usually put the Hades on my ships since it is harder to use than some of its alternatives. From the receiving end I recognize that the Hades is a very effective weapon in good hands.
Incen is good for mine launchers because there is no real clip size to reduce, and it adds potential to the mine instead of reducing the damage of the mine. Greased works well in pumping out high DPS at closer ranges with the Hades, like when you are backpedaling away from a gat-mortar pyramidion, or when you want to ram somebody but you have a hades on front. It does a good job of spreading fire already, so I ask my gunners to take greased. Personally.

All aside, I kind of want to go shoot a hades now and see if I can hit more than 25% of a clip (on a good day) with this guide. Excellent work.

Offline Levi mann

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 03:23:20 pm »
All aside, I kind of want to go shoot a hades now and see if I can hit more than 25% of a clip (on a good day) with this guide. Excellent work.

this is just an over view the guide is yet to come.... look for the thread "How Hades?" in the next few days