Author Topic: The Cephalopods are now recruiting!  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Audere

• Salutes: 1
    • [Octo]
    • View Profile
The Cephalopods are now recruiting!
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »
We are looking for players who are active and will stay active. Experience is a plus but not required.

Send in an application or post here!

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cephalopods are now recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:12:22 pm »
I'm gonna ruin the fun by asking this one question that I consider important for any sort of clan

What kind of a clan is this? Or more specifically, are you considering to participate in competitive events at any point in the future?

Offline Audere

• [Octo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »
I'm gonna ruin the fun by asking this one question that I consider important for any sort of clan

What kind of a clan is this? Or more specifically, are you considering to participate in competitive events at any point in the future?

I would like to participate in competitive events as a team with this clan, but with our low number of members right now (4) and lack of anyone especially notable I can't say anything for sure.
It definitely isn't a serious clan, but I really don't know much about what it'll become in the future.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 05:57:18 pm »
Someone needs to start up a competing clan of Inklings.

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »
Welcome to the clan scene Audere and The Cephalopods.

Bit of unsolicited advice as far as putting together a clan goes. It is worth deciding what your clan is for, what is its goal, purpose or even values. Are you looking to be the best? Are you folks that love a particular ship or play style. Do you want to rock the competitive scene? Are you all really big fans of marshmallow? Your potential new members are going to want to know what you are offering. Worth looking at the other clans and deciding if your new clan is scratching an itch that no one else is..

Clans are a community exercise so it is worth doing some subset of the things people do to form groups with coherent identities. Uniform clan colours, a logo, a greeting or something you say upon victory or defeat. Some common behaviours which single you out as a group.

And some variety of logo is nice too, I mostly say this one not because I think it will help but because I really want to see a picture of a flying squid (the mollusk) squirt ink against a starry background.

Offline Audere

• [Octo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 06:50:17 pm »
Man, everyone's so serious...
Well, let me just say that The Cephalopods don't really exist as a clan yet, with the amount of members we have.
To be more specific about the direction of the clan itself, I don't see it every being particularly large or influential, but rather a smaller group of players that may participate in something competitive once in a while if we feel like it.
It might seem like I'm not taking this clan seriously enough, and perhaps I should make that more clear, but if people don't like it they're free to leave and if people don't want to join they don't have to. And if the clan grows and the members start to disagree with my direction and my attitudes as a leader, I will either change or pass on the role of clan leader to someone else.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 04:31:39 am »
Mann, everyone's so serious...

Well, If I was not in a clan, I would like to know about the clan, what they do - do you play for fun, are you competitive, do you role-play.

We are looking for players who are active and will stay active. Experience is a plus but not required.

Send in an application or post here!
^ Not very informative :)

I would not say these people are serious, they want to know, we are curious.

I personally like the sound of the clan, you can have ships with Octopus Figureheads and octopus decals 8)

As a leader, do as you please, i am sure if people really appreciate your leadership, they will follow you :)

I wish you the best of luck :) Perhaps one day, we will meet in the skies.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:36:11 am by The Mann »