Author Topic: Ship Customization  (Read 7677 times)

Offline Nemes

• Salutes: 0
    • [SQSS]
    • View Profile
Ship Customization
« on: April 04, 2014, 04:33:39 am »
Hi Everyone and thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post

It has been less than a week since i discovered this game and so far it has been a very enjoyable experience. What i would like to ask you veterans is, if there are any future plans for further ship customization. I am not talking about aesthetic customization, but about more hard points. For example will be able to change the engines, propellers, rudder, hull material, balloon or anything else that has a vital role in the ship's handling/performance and is not a gun.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Customization
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:34:37 am »
This type of customization has been discussed before, and I still think that it's a good idea... though it'd be a very large feature added, which would also require an ungodly amount of balancing... I'd rather them focus on Adventure Mode right now :))

Offline Nadrynne

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:29:22 pm »
According to the twitch stream going on right now, customization is coming (\o/).

Offline AlmaShade

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »
Hi Everyone and thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post

It has been less than a week since i discovered this game and so far it has been a very enjoyable experience. What i would like to ask you veterans is, if there are any future plans for further ship customization. I am not talking about aesthetic customization, but about more hard points. For example will be able to change the engines, propellers, rudder, hull material, balloon or anything else that has a vital role in the ship's handling/performance and is not a gun.
I personally feel that would add a bit of unneeded complexity for me to follow. I like how the properties of a ship are easy to read from another ship's point of view and to have various subtle stat changes would kind of complicate that. Not to mention that the more things that a game has, the harder it is to balance.

According to the twitch stream going on right now, customization is coming (\o/).
I don't know much about it myself but I think it's cosmetic ship skins that they're talking about.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 06:31:57 pm »
This game is already hard to balance so i doubt there will be any more non-cosmetic customization. However there are little skull decals on the balloons in the dev app right now. That seems to be the first step of ship customization, and as far as i know there will be a faction specific skin for each ship that are being created for adventure mode but will also be used in skirmish.

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 10:16:05 pm »
Muse has already stated that this type of customization will NOT make it into the skirmish mode, but will probably make it into co-op/adventure since it will not upset the balance to much for PvE.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 10:49:52 am »
This type of customization has been discussed before, and I still think that it's a good idea... though it'd be a very large feature added, which would also require an ungodly amount of balancing... I'd rather them focus on Adventure Mode right now :))

Actually...those are probably comming to Adventure mode, but not to Skirmish mode/PvP, as it would extend time captains take before they ready up in PvP.