Author Topic: Some strange data  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Some strange data
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:11 am »
So I've been looking at some data at the request of awkm and we've noticed a fairly odd trend. Players seem to be using strategies that by all objective measures should be worse, but still seem to be winning and I'm wondering if it's an unpatched bug. Players are using equipment that offers pretty much no advantage. Take for example the bowler hat. By all means, almost every situation from engineer to pilot would find a more advantageous hat to wear weather it has lenses to view the nuts and bolts of an engine, or a face blast shield to protect eyes against flak fire. Hell, even the eye-patch helps a mobula engineer switch from the bright upper deck to the dim lower deck quickly. Sure I'm not even that creative about it. I just keep the swept back hair to give me some run speed but Come ON! The bowler? Why would you even wear that? Either way, throw your opinions in. Awkm and I are going to definitely work on this issue all through April. Expect a bowler patch first thing.

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Some strange data
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:30 am »
Top Hat way superior to the Bowler, just saying, might want to look into that as well.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:53 am »
Gas masks are so underrated. All that smoke, dust, fire particles, fumes from guns and the exhausts ... can't be healthy without a gas mask or respirator.

Offline snor-laxatives

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:41:11 am »
I'm glad you brought this up.  Somehow with all of the fire weapons being used as of late my mustache is still intact.  No mater how much fire is poured onto the ship I always walk away, mustache untouched.  Please address this issue ASAP