Author Topic: The image on the Rocks of the Red Sepulcher  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
The image on the Rocks of the Red Sepulcher
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:04:16 am »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244221898

What do these engravings mean?

I see airships, some 4 legged creatures, a dinosaur, some guys fighting on the ground and a few jellyfish.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
Re: The image on the Rocks of the Red Sepulcher
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:26:23 am »
...For one, I think the 'jellyfish' are actually gun shells or bombs dropped from the skies during the war, then there's infantry fighting (the guys on the ground), no explanation for the dinosaur, would need different angles, the 'four-legged creatures' could be some sort of military device shown upside down, and the Sun in the center probably represents the sun shown in the Co-op video.

Offline RistoH

• Salutes: 4
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:11:23 am »
...For one, I think the 'jellyfish' are actually gun shells or bombs dropped from the skies during the war, then there's infantry fighting (the guys on the ground), no explanation for the dinosaur, would need different angles, the 'four-legged creatures' could be some sort of military device shown upside down, and the Sun in the center probably represents the sun shown in the Co-op video.

I think the "dinosaurs" are some of the huge creatures from the  history of the world which are mentioned here

http://gunsoficarus.com/world/history/bedtime-giants/

And i think there's a smiley on the bottom.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:35:47 am »
Is that on Sepulcher too?  I have seen it on Flayed.  I guess it makes sense given what the word sepulcher means (had to look it up :P).

I am quite poor on the lore, but that Sun thing seems to be spinning anti clockwise (based on the arrows) which may cause problems for the stick man who I assume is a snowman given that snowmen are such an important part of this universe.  So I guess all that means that global warming is going to melt all the snowmen of the Barrens and cause havoc to the rest of the world as well.

Offline RistoH

• Salutes: 4
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:15:32 am »

I think the "dinosaurs" are some of the huge creatures from the  history of the world which are mentioned here

http://gunsoficarus.com/world/history/bedtime-giants/

And i think there's a smiley on the bottom.

The "jellyfish" don't seem like bombs or shells. In the upper left it seems like there is a plane so that part could tell of the "flight of the icarus"

The arrows could mean passage of time. And down in the next "picture" they are maybe finding the wreck of Icarus.

After that it would seem like they have build new airships and in the last part maybe they are developing smaller ships?