Author Topic: The Hall of Fame  (Read 17883 times)

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Fame
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 07:45:33 pm »
^ Yeah, where is Lockheart. He's really evasive these-days. I heard that he became so pro, that GOIO un-installed itself, so that everyone wouldn't be wrecked by him.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 08:23:37 pm »
and after being called "The Old Man" of Guns of Icarus

I might take that title.

Lets see:

Double mercs.
Old flak.
One stack fire disables.
Fire tool cooldowns never working properly.
Heatsink being required.
Harpoons working....ish.
Hwacha unveiling.
LJ OP.
Arming times come around.
Spire?
The broken ship mechanics.
The fix from those mechanics.
Lol banshee spamz.
Fire cooldowns are supposed to work?
Mobula looks greattttttt.
Mines are silly.
HAPPY 1 YEAR!
Dyes?
ALL THE BALANCE, HAIL AWKM. (includes gat, carronades, and mercs)
What are my spawns doing?
Artemis is a thing?
My junker sure does turn fast.

Tried to go in order based on memory, but I probably messed it up somehow. Ah well.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »
I remember when the Pyra was first unveiled, the skies were filled with arrows streaming towards you for days on end after that.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 08:29:00 pm »
Don't forget the Fjords tournament, Zill. I seem to recall that your group had to wait... One hour or two hours? Either way, Spaceman's fault for not showing up.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 11:02:21 am »
Let's take this time to pour some out for Satchmo and Pheebs.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 02:29:45 pm »
Satchmo is still around, Im playing with him from time to time.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »
Don't forget the Fjords tournament, Zill. I seem to recall that your group had to wait... One hour or two hours? Either way, Spaceman's fault for not showing up.

I've tried to repetitively remove that final from my brain. See: "Old Flak."

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 04:28:42 am »
Does anyone know what happened to Jessica Kitai?

Our crew, one drunken night... I don't know if that seriously did her in, but we did not see her on much after our encounter(s).

When we were but n00bs, she said in global that she was one of the best pilots in the game. We were like, "Bitch, pleeaaase" because alcohol.

Charon and Mach even tried to talk her back into playing some more, many months ago, but she never really came around.

Ahh man. My first night of playing, on December 22, 2012. I had bought the game for my friends, Me, WonderBread, Quinzy Scoundrel and Leymil: Ruling a single lobby of other scrubby level 1's like us. I had insisted on playing, so my "veteran" friend Quinzy taught me the ropes, while shouting at me not to fly into rocks. Man, that was probably the first time I ever spent drinking in that game, and the nauseating movement of the ship made me hurl my first.

Then it happened. Suddenly, some person called -B- JessicaKitai appeared, we wered confuzled, because it was the first time me, Leymil and WonderBread had ever seen a Spire, we were just flying with the tried and tested builds that Quinzy told us. That's when I first realized there was a captains chat. I never got a response form Jessica, but he was very keen on telling me not to leave his side when running into battle. Told us to "Wait" and "Don't goddamn run in" all the time. What a scrub, who even does that? AND WHAT DOES A TACTIC EVEN MEAN?! it's probably a made up word, for people who're too afraid to lochnagar flak someone in the gut and scalp their balloon with a one-hit disable flamethrower. Pshh.

I told him: "Dude, aeimrth sarreh, doo trunk toe flai. But *hic* I'll destrict them n' you pepper thar bums.", about to have my first nausea induced emergency stomach-fluid-ejection. but I soldiered on, MAKING SURE EVERYONE IN MY SKYPE CALL KNEW I WAS TOO DRUNK TO FLY ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. And charged in, WonderBread had the gun, and man did he have that gun. Pop pop, the flak kills, but for some inexplicit reason, the enemy hull was down and dead before I could charge into them. I asked my game-liaison what the hell we hit them with, and Quinzy responded soundly, with irritation in his voice: "That's a sniper tho, yeep, kills just about anything longrange. Check your map, your ally is camping in our spawn". I PRESSED M TO SEE MY MAP AND CONFIRM MY LOCATION, and indeed, the spire was neatly lined so that it could turn both main and front light gun to snipe out anyone, lined with the flakfish, we were indestructible.. ...Against anyone who was as clueless as I.

Didn't see much of him after that, died a few times, but never lost a match.