Author Topic: Community Event Ideas Compendium  (Read 13864 times)

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Community Event Ideas Compendium
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 01:40:41 am »
Risk Game:
Play Tier: Not really sure. Anybody, but high level teams have a huge advantage.
Parent: Keon
Duration: Very Long
Density: Medium
Number of Ships Needed: 2-4, as organized on a per-match basis
Flexibility: High - teams are allowed to hire "mercs", form treaties and alliances (including having players play for other teams, and scramble loadouts.)
Details: Teams play a standard game of Risk, the turn-based strategy game, on a map based on the GOI world. Clan leaders make decisions via forum post and PM, and the OP is updated with an updating image of the game board. Clans/teams receive reinforcements based on territory controlled, and can be deployed normally, like Risk. The difference comes in attacking/defending. The attacking team and defending team must organize a game of GOI to decide the battle's fate. For example, if Ducks attack Cake, and ducks have 5 ships in Paratius attacking Kian, who is defending with 3 ships, the two will go into a battle. As soon as the ducks get 3 kills, or the cakes get 5 kills, the match is over, and scores reported to the threadmaster. Say the ducks win 3-4. (That's still a win, even though cake killed more ships. Strength of numbers prevails.) That means that they capture the territory, as they killed all three airships above Kian, but they have lost 4 airships, leaving only 1 to occupy Kian. Cake and all the other clans can attack at the same time, etc.

Sorry to interrupt the other discussion, I'd love to see a football-esque league in GOI.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 01:55:31 am »
Risk Game:
Play Tier: Not really sure. Anybody, but high level teams have a huge advantage.
Parent: Keon
Duration: Very Long
Density: Medium
Number of Ships Needed: 2-4, as organized on a per-match basis
Flexibility: High - teams are allowed to hire "mercs", form treaties and alliances (including having players play for other teams, and scramble loadouts.)
Details: Teams play a standard game of Risk, the turn-based strategy game, on a map based on the GOI world. Clan leaders make decisions via forum post and PM, and the OP is updated with an updating image of the game board. Clans/teams receive reinforcements based on territory controlled, and can be deployed normally, like Risk. The difference comes in attacking/defending. The attacking team and defending team must organize a game of GOI to decide the battle's fate. For example, if Ducks attack Cake, and ducks have 5 ships in Paratius attacking Kian, who is defending with 3 ships, the two will go into a battle. As soon as the ducks get 3 kills, or the cakes get 5 kills, the match is over, and scores reported to the threadmaster. Say the ducks win 3-4. (That's still a win, even though cake killed more ships. Strength of numbers prevails.) That means that they capture the territory, as they killed all three airships above Kian, but they have lost 4 airships, leaving only 1 to occupy Kian. Cake and all the other clans can attack at the same time, etc.

Sorry to interrupt the other discussion, I'd love to see a football-esque league in GOI.
Did someone basically just spell out GoIO P&P? I'll get the map and the sharpies/pencils, along with a D20...
Anyways, sounds pretty interesting.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 02:58:10 am »

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 03:45:28 am »
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2721.0.html

Reminds me of that.
I've actually had a tab open for several days waiting for me to type a response to that thread. It sounds cool, but we've had such a gluttony of events actually being suggested/developed in various areas (none of which were happening in this thread. Heh) that I figured I should wait to revive your thread.

That said, the ideas are similar, but purely basing it off of Risk is personally a lot easier to understand and follow.

I would put it as competitive. I'll get the OP updated shortly with this and an extra tag out to you and your version Thomas.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:36 pm »
Well my version isn't that great, and would need a lot of work. Currently it's too complicated/demanding for teams.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 03:32:35 pm »
Updated. Blame Shink for being the awesome mod who updates all my posts.

This Risk would be a lot of fun to play. It would actually probably actually straddle the line between competitive and relaxed now that I think more on it. It is more about the clans having fun than providing entertainment for others. I can already imagine the intense debates on teamspeak servers everywhere. The alliances formed in the middle of the night. The backstabbings. There is much fun to be had here.