Author Topic: Red Button Consequences  (Read 288325 times)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Red Button Consequences
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2015, 06:27:57 pm »
From the one-way-invisible-invincible glass window that allows him to overlook his empire, Jacob looks down upon the poor, lost soul. Referencing other video games, especially those of such filth as League of Legends, the "worstest game of all timez" according to Jacob's enormous stockpile of information on the subject.
In order to rid this terrible plague from his otherwise pristine land, Jacob walks over to the Dev Console and starts typing in commands.

Console log - 1/22/2015/07:37:25 EST
-Muse- Jacob:  ::Libraryconfig-Language_v7_eng Property_ref-LoL[League of Legends](0) Pile_error_null
-Muse- Jacob:  ::Entityconfig-Indreams_1 Property_Unicorn-trans(∞) Pile_error_float Desc_error_ignore
Compile_SaveChanges

Upon deactivating the ability to talk about [ERROR: Missing or Unavailable content in Library-Language_v7_eng. Please check with your operator if this content is missing or unavailable deliberately.] and force-changing Indreams back into a unicorn, Jacob presses the Red Button on his desk.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:34:48 pm by -Muse- Jacob »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2015, 12:29:07 am »
Indreams finds his league account deleted, and holds no memories of his unicorn transformation.

However, his MOBA urges remain. In fear of making another reference to a popular MOBA, Indreams decides to create one himself.

In his design, one lane airship combat. Two flak towers and one gates on each side. A desert like map. Objective is to destroy the enemy's gate.

Having no game dev experience, Indreams presses the red button full of hope.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2015, 06:41:22 am »
Having created an in-game universe that is independent from that of Guns of Icarus Online, Indreams holds God-powers in his new MOBA Universe. Within the context of his Universe, he can do what he likes, though he remains a normal player in the GoIO Universe.
From across the still-loading skybox texture, a pigeon flies towards Indreams with a small letter attached to its leg. The pigeon lands and Indreams takes the note from the bird, who tries to fly away but is now trapped within the Universe as its walls are well established. Without verifying its e-mail address, the Pigeon cannot save its progress.
Indreams reads the letter.

Dear Indreams,

I noticed six seconds ago that you created your own game Universe. While I commend you for your efforts and pray that your new game may find success, don't be a stranger; we'll miss you if you don't play our game anymore.
I thought it was worth mentioning that you accidentally tried to create your game Universe as a subset of mine as you were logged into my game at the time. This would have caused a crippling crash and have caused all the servers to brick. Be glad that I was watching and very quickly moved all your newly created files into a new directory on a separate drive before they booted; you're welcome.
In doing so, I have inadvertently granted you the ability to be God within your own game Universe as I did not have enough time to configure the Permissions files in the few seconds since you created your Universe. While I am able, I promise only to add or remove files from your new directory if it is absolutely necessary. You are, in essence, free to do as you please. Though remember, I am in charge of the servers so don't go breaking any laws - I'll see.

If you have any questions about how to configure your Universe's default content and files (you are given a large array of these at the start), feel free to ask me. I can show you how to generate entities and content within your Universe and perform a large number of complex actions with them.

Enjoy your new project,
-Muse- Jacob

After sending the letter, Jacob puts his feet up on his desk and wonders what on Earth Indreams will try to achieve with his new-found power and ability. He shrugs and taps the Red Button with his foot.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2015, 08:40:40 am »
Kamoba watches the twitch stream of the creation of this new world for fear of what he would see he presses the red button in an attempt to terminate the connection to the stream.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2015, 09:53:54 pm »
Indreams feels that this is kinda getting out of hand.
He misses the days when pressing the Red Button usually killed him in a creative way.

Kamoba's Red Button press summons the council of demo-gods (demo cose games) of video gaming, who mercifully resets Indreams to the happy, ignorant Guns of Icarus nerd.

"...Lumberjack: first notch <500, second notch 500, third notch 800, fourth notch 1200, fifth notch 1400. Galleon approaches: above below, behind. Heatsink gives two shot guns a third shot. Pyra has low acceleration but high maximum velocity. Ships all have similar maximum vertical velocity..."

Content with his situation, Indreams leaves the red button unpressed.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2015, 02:50:13 am »
Failure to press the button has started a chain reaction build up of Indreams killing power.

In five turns the pressure will go critical and wipe out the human race.

Everyone is now tasked with either the salvation or destruction of mankind. Gilder decides this is not his problem, takes a nap...

Fails to press button.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:56:18 am by Gilder Unfettered »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2015, 06:48:59 am »
Kamoba hears of this plight and decides the best thing to do is leave the planet, he tasks Jacob with designing a space ship with the capabilities of bring human life to mars, paying the Kerbal Space Program to follow Jacobs design!
Kamoba fails to push the red button.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2015, 09:52:12 am »
Growing impatient Kamoba checks his clock and watches, hoping one of them is the right time!

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »
Huh, this is the fourth turn, is it?

No press.

Offline Shadak Shademore

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 17
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:01 am »
Shadak calls upon the Muse gods, determined to limit the destruction of human kind. Shadak Puts Indreams in a rocket to space just incase the over load goes ahead. Presses the button.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2015, 12:07:01 pm »
Oh, is people waiting on me to say what happe- *BOOM*.

Indreams is banished into the land of studying for school, even though he is a second semester American high school senior.
He will return after losing 10% current gold, 10% item durabilities, and 10% will to live.

For those who don't know, second semester of American High School senior year is like... you are playing an RPG, you are max-level, you've finished all the quests, but the game doesn't end. It's a cruel limbo... I'm waiting for an expansive expansion called college.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2015, 02:06:37 pm »
Indreams waits and waits, checking the News feed on Steam for his favourite game  "Education Simulator 2014-2015: American High School Edition". Unfortunately for Indreams, the DLC that he is patiently expecting is delayed and he is unable to do anything of note. He has maxed out his character but there is nothing to do - though at the same time he is unable to quit the game as he's hopelessly addicted. He is reduced to walking around taking classes that always seem to be the same and talking to people who haven't had voice acting updates in months so are saying the same phrases he's already heard.
He's already pre-ordered the College DLC expansion but it is yet to be released. In the meantime, the developers have released a small free minigame. Indreams looks at the new minigame with distaste and fear. "Education Simulator 2014-2015: Applications for College" sits ready to be played.

Jacob is watching this from his bubble and giggles. Indreams has been shifted into another universe and is wholly unaware of the destruction that has resulted in the world he came from.
Since Jacob has a hand in the development of Education Simulator as a contractor, he quickly logs into the dev console and sends Indreams a text on his in-game phone.

sup ur in trubbl jst fyi u made th wrld go boom. njoy ur new life.
-Muse- Jacob xxx

While logging out of the Education Simulator dev console, Jacob pushes the Red Button in the hope that it might revive humanity or at least produce a situation that doesn't involve the big smouldering mess that he currently sees when trying to view Earth.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2015, 09:17:22 pm »
The button press causes everything to flash a brilliant white, blinding everyone from as far away as the Stamina thread in the Dev App forum. The world has been reset, and Koali sets out to establish his kingdom. Whilst flitting about over a grand valley in a salvaged scout balloon (imagine a small, single engine Squid). he notices a ruby glint on the ground below. Mistaking the button's alluring gleam for treasure, he swoops down and hops out of his Squidlet. He just has time to press the button before he hears the sound of rushing wind akin to falling from a great height and blacks out, waking up on his Squidlet.

Oh, and Indreams is still trying to write an essay to get into the beta team for College Simulator. (That alternate reality is still going.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:32:46 pm by Koali »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:43 am »
Koali wakes and realises that the rushing wind and sense of dropping really fast is because his balloon has been popped! Above him is a spires spike following him down with drogue chute piloted by an evil Kamoba, Kamoba's hand looms over a red button and he pushes it.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:08 am »
The Spire becomes a boulder and flattens Koali, but Koali survives due to his squishy Kirby-like anatomy. The boulder lands on the button as well, slightly denting the metal casing.

(And the rushing wind and blackout was me respawning because I jumped off of my Squidlet)