Author Topic: Pop up helper  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Pop up helper
« on: March 14, 2014, 07:42:28 am »
Something that can be turned off in the options that would give newbies a pop up to advise them on what to do next. Specially for CP battles where they don't listen to you giving them directions. Just had one with 2 allied ships just circling around a dormant point.

Idea was given that there could be something that pops up and tells them to proceed to next point. It could also serve other uses in matches. Like say warning them when they aren't using the proper rebuild tool/etc. So not only do they get tutorials but a little extra hands on during the game.

Would specially help for the ones with language barriers.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Pop up helper
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 09:46:26 am »
I know tutorial popups already exist (they can be toggled, but hopefully not until you pass lvl x) but improving them in this fashion can't hurt.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:56:49 am »
i was on the other team i know what gilders talking about would have been very help full

like mabye a msg if there not near the point explaining to go to the point or to the nexted point if there sitting on it when its not capable

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:58:41 am »
I really like the objective notifications of Red Orchestra 2:
- special music is briefly played when an objective has been taken. Either a positive tune or a negative one - depending on whether you've gained or lost an objective.
- A text message in big capital letters pops up on the screen for a couple of seconds, informing the player about what happened.

I think a similar system could be easily implemented for our needs to indicate balloon attacks/captures and CP-changes on crazy king matches.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:05:01 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:50:22 am »
Instead of only having popup as educational reminder. We could also use the loading screen to show random tips and tricks, or facts.

As or notifications. Maybe it would be grreat if the notification pop-ups show at the top right.
example:
Enemy Team captured point: C
Enemy Team is capturing point: C
Your Team captured point: C
Your Team is capturing point: C

Resource point has changed to point:C

Using the right color to notify you about the current situation is really usefull.

If the game mode is crazy king then it might be usefull to have a red exclemation mark ( ! )flashing on the resource point as it gets below 50 points. Or flshing on the next resource point that will be available as the other runs dry.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:52:00 am by Coldcurse »