Author Topic: Pocket sound mirror (tool)  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
Pocket sound mirror (tool)
« on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:03 pm »
From a discussion in another thread I thought of that idea of having a tool that let's you hear farther.

A sound Mirror concentrates sound from where it's pointing at. With the amount of clouds in this game it could be quite usefull to have a sense of direction where the enemy is. The tool only works if you focus it and the engines of the enemy are on. You still won't be able to mark him with that but something similiar with the crosshair of the rangefinder could work. The direction of the sound can be seen as long as somebody is using the tool.

Concept of the tool:

also I know we have drums, but in contrast this tool will allow you to pin down the direction of the enemy.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket sound mirror (tool)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:17:40 am »
Sounds interesting, but maybe a bit too good.  Brawling teams have it hard sneaking up as it is.  I definitely like the idea though.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:26 am »
Already treid to make such an item. I called it the whale sonar that sends out a sound that returns if the enemy is in the general direction.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 08:22:19 pm »
This thread is cool.  8)

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:59:27 am »
Already treid to make such an item. I called it the whale sonar that sends out a sound that returns if the enemy is in the general direction.

There could be a counter tool for the captain to silence the engines. That'd make it vital for a brawling setup.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 12:56:10 pm »
As long as the game will have drums whenever an enemy gets close the engine sound doesnt matter.