Author Topic: [SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!  (Read 180162 times)

Offline Quantrill

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 06:53:57 am »
In-Game Name: Quantrill
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): North Yorkshire, UK
Preferred Class: Gunner when available, otherwise engineer
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required):

My first encounter with SPQR: A pair of RAS hunters appear from nowhere, out of the arc of all of our weapons. Perfect co-ordination
between gunners rips our armour to shreds and then destroys the hull. As we fall apart my Captain speaks his first
words in the entire match, blaming me for the disaster.

GoI is so much more fun when the Captain is explaining what they are doing and giving orders politely,
and the crew is communicating / backchatting. RAS boats are reliably like this. Otherwise it's pot luck.

I've played several matches with SPQR members - I probably talk a bit less than normal for the clan, but hopefully
I reliably follow instructions  and respond when things are said to me.

Offline Captain Ayla

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:32 pm »
In-Game Name:Captain Ayla
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation):Wellington, New Zealand, GMT 12+
Preferred Class:Pilot/Gunner
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): I wish to be part of a friendly clan and have a group that I can play with, rather than drifting around replacing crews like socks. I became a member of a clan in another game and it helped me find teams to work with and people to communicate with, so I want the same in GOI. I have played numerous games with and against SPQR members, same as pretty much all other clans. I was known as Slackjaw before, and some may know me. I follow orders and give them when I am in a position to do so. Ain't much else to tell.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:25:27 pm by Captain Ayla »

Offline Jack Wychwood

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 05:27:55 pm »
In-Game Name: Jack Wychwood
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): Midlands, UK
Preferred Class: Engineer. Definitely. i'm a pretty good engineer, an 'Okay' gunner, and a... kinda bad helmsman.
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): I was playing on a game, and i met a fun guy named LazyPandas, who was a very good helmsman, and one of the few very good team mates i've had in the game. i wish to be part of a group that I can play with, rather than having to go with random people that the internet has picked out of the hat, and you guys seem fun. Hopefully i'll see you in the skies

Offline victorged

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »
In-Game Name: Victorged

Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): Detroit, Michigan (Or at least the suburbs.... I work on 8 mile, so it counts.)

Preferred Class: Engineer, preferably on the main deck of a midion. Though I've been trying to expand my repetoire as a gunner / support engi. 

As some of you reading this will likely know, I'm good friends with Kevile and Buffalo Bandit, who joined a couple weeks ago. I wanted to get a better idea for the character of SPQR, not just its (thoroughly impressive) abilities. Over that time, I've been impressed. Throughout tight games, lopsided victories, and bitter defeats, I've been treated well by you guys whether friend or foe. You even had the heart to tell me "gg" that time I captained a ship against you before the gents scrim and got 5-0'd  before we had a shot in the air.

You have a great group going here at SPQR, and I'd love to be a part of it. I won't bring the competitive fire or skill of some of your members, but I hope to be able to add to the community in my own way if you'll have me. Thank you.

Offline Juggynaut

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 01:58:17 pm »
In-Game Name: Juggynaut

Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): Virginia, United States

Preferred Class: Pilot, I mainly fly the Junker loaded out as a mid-range brawler, however, I like to change it up and fly other, sometimes quite absurd, ships and loadouts to keep it fun and interesting.   

When I play games like these I always like to join an active and dedicated clan. That is because I find teamwork and comradery to be one of the most satisfying experiences in life. For instance, in the game Mount and Blade Warband, I am in a regiment. As a regiment we have a strict code of conduct and are expected to be competent and mature while working together. We have practices and a ranking system to insure that we are an example of organization and skill on the battlefield. When it comes time to engage in a line battle, it is an amazing experience. Hundreds of people, belonging to their respective regiments, working together to insure victory for their team. We march in line, fire on command, and perform tactical maneuvers in such a manner that Napoleon would be proud. Many games do not cater to this type of game play, most encourage one man armies and egotistical gaming. I do not find such games very interesting. However, This level of teamwork can be applied to Guns of Icarus, and SPQR is a clan that seems to exemplify this type of game play. Every time I have piloted alongside an SPQR crew I have had phenomenal success and a great amount of fun. Your members are mature, experienced, and above all have great personalities and are fun to fly with and even against. I really enjoy the atmosphere of being part of a team and feel that SPQR is good fit for me; and hopefully I will be a good fit for SPQR, see you in the skies and may the wind be always at your back.

Side note: I am a huge history nerd, especially ancient Roman and classical Italian history, since it is such an interesting period of western culture and also my heritage finds it way back to the walls of Rome and the canals of Venice. Being that your clan is SPQR, I find the theme to be really awesome and assume that many of you guys also share a common interest in Roman history.   

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 08:09:05 pm »
All new applications up to this point have been read. Please keep an eye out for our Senators in-game, as we will keep an eye out for your names.

Offline Silito

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 09:18:12 am »
In-Game Name: Silito
Where You Live: NJ, USA
Preferred Class: Engineer or Pilot
What Made you Want to Join SPQR: Yesterday from around 10:00pm to 11:00pm, I met Mey Rin, LazyPandas, and allison in a match. I was only level 2 pilot and am still trying to learn everything about the game, but all three where patient and more than willing to give me advice and guide me. I had a blast with them and the fact that they were more than willing to wait for me and even have me join their party even after I accidentally left the game not once but twice. I like the fact that everyone in the clan has both color coordination and microphone communication. It is one of the most helpful things in game, and the fact that SPQR makes a point of ensuring everyone has one is both helpful and creates a very enjoyable in game experience. Once again, I am not super high level in any of the classes, but I hope that you all would be willing to allow a new privateer into your ranks.

Offline James Fimbel

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:47 am »
In-Game Name: James Fimbel
Where You Live (State/Province, Nation): Buenos Aires, Argentina
Preferred Class: Pilot (Second Preferred: Gunner)
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): I read the clan description, and I've played with/against some of your members such as AngryWalnuts or LazyPandas, and I really liked the attitude they had towards me and that's precisely what I look for in online games: Friendly Players and Comradeship. That's pretty much what made me want to join.

Offline Scorchgid

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 12:45:48 pm »
In-Game Name: Scorchgid
Where You Live (London/England, United Kingdom):
Preferred Class: Gunner - Would like to learn Captain

I feel this is a game that I can play competitively/to win but also to fun and trying to stretch ones skill.  I want to join you because I feel your guidance will help my skill, I have been on teams from SPQR and they have always been incredibly helpful, approachable and understanding. Today I see a lot of communities going wrong, look no further than the news today that LOL had to ban two professional players for being abusive. It's behaviour I do not tolerate (I could go on but you know where I'm going) Your community strives on having members who have qualities of a kind and team player nature and this is a quality that always draws me to clans. As a player I will carry those morals to help create a fun game for all :)

Peace, Scorchgid.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:59:16 pm by Scorchgid »

Offline Snakebrook

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 01:19:37 am »
Hello, my in game name is Snakebrook, the state is MA in the USA, and  my preferred class is engineer. When I was in a match I met several members with the tag SPQR, I wound up on a ship with them and they were some friendly joking people who didn't scream orders at me for once, while keeping a competitive edge on the situation. After the match I found the clan page and joined there knowing later I would sign up in a more official manner. Leading me here askig if I could please join your clan. I know my post is not as official looking as the rest but I hope that does not change things, I will be playing with SPQR members when ever I see them and I hope the experience is just as enjoyable and competitive, and I can hope when I join they will just keep getting better.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:23:19 am by Snakebrook »

Offline Nat Nyls

• Salutes: 4
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 09:17:20 am »
In-Game Name: Nat Nylsugo
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): UK
Preferred Class: Engineer/Gunner.
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): Was told to sign up by AngryWalnuts after playing a fair amount with him. Also interested in getting back into competitive play. Previously played for SIR for ~1 year. A friend of mine, Sprayer, also recently joined up here.

Offline Skylord aFiftyTwo

• [SBRB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 04:28:44 pm »
IGN: Sklyord aFiftyTwo
Where I live: WA, Us
Preferred Class: Gunner (but I'm also good at engi)
What made you want to join: played several matches with SPQR members, they were very nice, so i looked on the clan description and i decided to join.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:14 pm »
All new applications up to this point have been read. Please keep an eye out for our Senators in-game, as we will keep an eye out for your names.

Offline Mr-Griffo

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »
Hi I would love to join you guys I play regularly with many of your most active players. Whilst I live in the UK my playing time is often more akin to US as I work a late shift.
My name in game is Mr-Griffo
My account on steam is imgriffo the alias is always Mr_Griffo (a couple of SPQR members already have me on steam if needed)
My usual class is engineer but love all roles.
what made me wish to join, asides ofc from knowing the more SPQR members are in a lobby the more fun the match is likely to be. Is a wish to play the game in a more organised manor. I'm Hoping to become part of a team and improve as a group, play scrims and generally take my game to the next level whilst playing with friends.

Offline MrDinkleberg

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 02:30:04 pm »
In-Game Name: MrDinkleberg
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): Georgia, United States
Preferred Class: As of right now, I really enjoy the engineer class the most. Gunner would be my secondary role.

What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): I wish to join an awesome community with a semi competitive spirit. After playing this game for the past several weeks, Previous encounters with the SPQR tag have led me to respect both the skill level and the personal wavelengths of the other members. I just want to improve myself as a player and person.