Author Topic: [SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!  (Read 180179 times)

Offline Spyboticsguy

• Salutes: 0
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: [SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to do that, although I won't be around next week because I'm going on a trip. Thank you for replying and letting me know what's up, though!

Offline AliceCyan

• [TTSN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 10:14:41 pm »
Greetings!
Gomric and I have been searching for a new clan, as our current one is very inactive.
We both put a high value on good communication, on our own ship as well as and between ship captains, and looking at your clan page we get a very good feeling about you guys.
We recently played a couple of games with a few of your members, and [SPQR] Assault Pig recommended we post here as the first step in our application process.
Hoping to fly more with you soon!

Regards,
Alice, Gomric

Offline Cobiah Mariner

• [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 10:16:45 pm »
Played for a few hours with you guys, had an absolute blast.
I'm rather new to the game, about 15-20 hours of play time, and level 3 with both Engineer and Gunner. I'm not too comfortable behind a wheel unfortunately. Seeing as how I just got out of school for summer, I'm going to be on quite a bit. Way more than what most people would consider healthy, anyways.

I would love to hopefully attend some of these official matches and possibly get in, like I said, I have been having a LOT of fun with you guys.
My in game name is Cobiah Mariner. 

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 03:37:47 am »
Hey sorry guys. You flew with Holy today and flew well. I've just had enough of these netcode bugs. There was no hardfeelings towards you or the Holy bunch.

Offline Wyvernx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 04:16:12 am »
Hello Jub Jub,

i've played some great games yesterday with one of your clanmembers, CrazyPandas. He refered me here, when i enquired what your recruitment-policy is. What i'm looking for is a pool of teammembers ... skill and experience can be gained, but if you are not a teamplayer this isn't your game at all, imo. If possible,  please contact crazypandas about me, so that perhaps we can setup a little more games, to see if i can join.

My timezone is GMT +1.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 10:05:28 pm »
This is not a thread-bump but a notification to any interested that SPQR has gone under a series of reforms and has changed the ways that it does things, primarily accept new members! The recruitment thread and all other sources of SPQR information have been updated to reflect this.

Offline Spyboticsguy

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:29 am »
Ah, cool! Well, here's the info requested, formatted according to the new application style.

IGN: Spyboticsguy
Preferred Class: Pilot/Engineer
Reasons for Applying: [summarized in previous application, copy-pasted here for posterity's sake]

I've played a few games with SPQR people - all very kind, sporting individuals. I'd like to join your community, if at all possible, in order to play with what seems to me to be a group of really fun individuals. My in-game name is Spyboticsguy, as is my Steam name - I like to keep things simple. I'm comfortable with all classes and I'm not bent any particular way; I often end up switching between pilot and the other two classes from game to game to keep some variety up. I enjoy piloting/captaining, largely because it allows me to take my experience from playing the other classes and put it into play in a more difficult and stressful role.

Offline Mit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 06:40:30 pm »
In-Game Name: Mit
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): Arkansas, United States
Preferred Class: Engineer. I also enjoy Pilot and Gunner.
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): Fun and friendly members :D

Offline SilverAlchemic

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [⏅]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 12:36:10 pm »
In-Game Name: SilverAlchemic
Where You Live: North Carolina, United States
Preferred Class: Gunner, Engineer on the side
What Made you Want to Join SPQR: I played a game with one of your members, though I can't remember whom for the life of me. They seemed to be a pretty nice person, and, judging from other things I've read from you, so do the rest! I've also always had an interest in Roman culture and mythology, so the name and shorthand were an instant hook. I've been looking for a clan to join for a while now, and this seems to be a golden opportunity!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. :3

Offline The Holy Taint

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »
In-Game Name: The Holy Taint
Where You Live: I don't know you! Who are you? Somewhere in Portland, Oregon Loretta Lynn did sing...i think.
Preferred Class: Whatever lets me shoot the baddies. Gunner/Engineer
What made you want to join SPQR: The Great Potato Puddi introduced to me to this delightful community of Roman GLADIATORS...or something.

Offline Archemortus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:08 am »
I was playing with the one of your clan members, Puddi, and he was a respectful and helpful player.  After the match, I looked at his clan and found you guys.  Though I am very inexperienced, I would like the opportunity to join this clan to gain experience in a closer-knit community environment. Thank you.

In-Game Name: (Insert Title Here) Archemortus
Prefered Class(es): Engineer/Gunner
Reason Why: Puddi's demeanor in game reflected well of this clan and his helpful nature lead me to be more intrigued about SPQR.  Additionally, the referance in the name was somewhat of a hook as well.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 09:59:06 am »

The democracy Grows stronger each day, The peoples republic.

Offline Kyle Zephyr

• Salutes: 1
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »
In-Game Name: Kyle Zephyr
Where You Live: Ohio, US
Preferred Class: Gunner/Pilot
What Made you Want to Join SPQR: A while back, I began looking into getting into the competitive scene. It became apparent that the best way to do this would be to join a clan. This one caught by eye in particular, because of the awesome theme. Played a few games with Jub, and talked with him about being interested. Played more games with other clan members, basically confirming to me that, if I were to join a clan, I'd pick this one. Today, he approached me to tell me that they had changed their recruitment procedure. So here I am filling this out. So hi! Look forward to flying some more with you guys.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 04:56:50 pm »
In-Game Name: Sprayer
Where You Live (State/Provence, Nation): Saxony Anhalt, Germany
Preferred Class: Gunner/Pilot
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required): After leaving my former clan I'm looking for another to get into the competetive GoIO scene again. In addition to that, my bud Nat Nylsugo recommended you guys.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 05:53:12 pm »
All new applications up to this point have been read. Please keep an eye out for our Senators in-game, as we will keep an eye out for your names.