Author Topic: [SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!  (Read 180205 times)

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
[SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »
Senatus Populusque Romanus

Circa VII/XV/MMXIII

Who is SPQR?

We take our name-sake from Ancient Rome, "SPQR" being the Latin acronym for Senatus Populusque Romanus, or in English "The Senate and People of Rome." In a more modern and relevant context, SPQR is a semi-competitive/casual clan within the Guns of Icarus Online game/community founded on July 15th, 2013 by Jub Jub; based primarily in North America and Europe, with other members all over the globe. SPQR emphasizes teamwork (working with other crew mates or the other captain(s)), cooperation (working/listening to your captain if you are a crewmate), and good sportsmanship. Because of this, all of the clans' members were accepted in due to their willingness to follow these ideals (without being told to), as opposed to their skill-level.

Our clan's colors are red and gold and our ships are always marked with the designation "RAS" which stands for "Roman Air Ship" (people in post-apocalyptic Earth are still working on their Latin). We always try to be helpful no matter what the circumstance; whether its assisting a captain or crews with their logs/achievements or teaching newer players game mechanics, strategies and tricks. Our veteran players always strive to teach newer players and our newer players are always eager to learn.

Why You Should Join Us

There are lots of reasons to join SPQR! We have a fairly sizable player base, most of which are highly skilled. So if you're a new player looking to learn the ropes, this is a great place to do it (though we would help you regardless of whether you were an SPQR member or not). Or, if you're a more experienced player that's looking into joining a clan with a stable player base, SPQR members are on quite often! (more than some of us should be, myself included). SPQR also has doors open for those more dedicated players looking to get into competitive play via our two competitive teams The Praetorians and The Centurions.

What We're Looking For, Requirements, and How to Join Us

What We're Looking For:
SPQR is primarily a casual clan, though we do have a strong presence in the competitive community. SPQR recruits based solely off of personality, not skill level. We believe that skills will be absorbed naturally by playing with experienced players, and we seek to nurture that type of atmosphere. We are looking for veteran and newer players who will uphold this mindset and the aforementioned ideals of teamwork, cooperation, and good sportsmanship.

Requests:
We highly request that members have/use a microphone as we frequently use Teamspeak 3 and in-game chat. Also recommend are clan members to have their clothing dyed red and gold (I suggest deep burgundy and burnt orche). This type of "uniform" not only helps form camaraderie between old and new clan members, but you'll look like a badass in the victory screen (if we win said particular match).

Requirements:
1: Members must be able to speak English.
2: That you uphold SPQR's ideals and code of ethics.
3: That once you are a member, a Roman, all of your ships be labeled with the designation "RAS", such as "RAS Goldfish" or "RAS Junker".
4: That once you are a member, you must become apart of our Steam Group, nicknamed the "Rome Page", to which you will be guided through how to join. You CANNOT be a member of SPQR in-game, and not a member of the Rome Page, and vice-versa.

How to Join Us:
SPQR members are judged based on their personality rather than their skill. We strive to form a clan within the game that boasts some of the best people in the community. Admissions are controlled by our Senate (what we call our Officers, a list is included below). Anyone interested in joining SPQR should either reply here on the thread or contact us in a similar manner though the applications section of our Steam Group (link below). Applicants should then seek out and play a series of matches with the Senators. If you can’t seem to catch a Senator online, send us a PM or message on Steam and we’ll do our best to play at a time that’s convenient for you.

Comment Format
In-Game Name:
Where You Live (State/Province, Nation):
Preferred Class:
What Made you Want to Join SPQR (Not Required):

The Roman Senate: as of June, 2015
  • Jub Jub
  • Allison
  • Assault Pig
  • LazyPandas
  • Mey Rin
  • Shinikira
  • Thomas
  • KitKatKitty
  • Nat Nylsugo
  • AngryWalnuts
  • SapphireSage

Our Steam Group ~ The Rome Page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GoIOSPQR

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:50:23 pm by Jub Jub »

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: [SPQR] Senatus Populusque Romanus is Recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »
This is awesome news, am glad you guys are looking to recruit, if you need people to train with let me know, add me on steam under Grey T :D

Offline Kethwyn

• Salutes: 0
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:38 am »
Sounds interesting, I'm in a different TZ though (will message you anyway as i tend to be active a few hours in that space you mention in the post).

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:50:33 pm »
Welcome to SPQR Kethwyn! *confetti*

Offline Bartimaeus Fry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 08:20:41 pm »
Hey there, I've flown with some of you guys this evening and Jub Jub asked me to check out your thread. I'm in EU TZ, but  I usually play in the late evening anyways.

You all seem like a fun group, so I'd be interested in flying with you.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
Awesome sauce! Hopefully you friended me ingame so we can arrange to play a couple more matches together before officially signing you on, if not, private message me your steam name and I'll add you so we can arrange a time. Ciao for now!

Offline Calvin B. Gibson

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:59:27 pm »
Just joined up last night. Great bunch of people to learn the game with! Thanks for the welcome SPQR!

Offline drewisafish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:38 pm »
I would love to join you guys if you'll have me! :D

Offline Calvin B. Gibson

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »
Sure thing; contact Jub Jub in-game to play a few matches together first.

Offline Raiff Metherlence

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 05:49:03 pm »
Hello! I'm a guy who just got roflstomped by a bunch of your members. Your clan interests me, and I'd like to try joining. I mostly pilot, though, so if you don't currently need anymore pilots, I guess that's fine. Although, pilot is the only class I have uniform colors for...

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 12:57:00 pm »
Greetings Raiff Metherlence!
I'll admit that I did chuckle to the opening of your post, good way to start a message lol. SPQR doesn't recruit based on class or skill, so if you prefer piloting that's perfectly okay as long as you accept that you might not always get to pilot. Find one of our members in-game and inquire about joining, or send me a PM here on the forums and we can arrange to play some matches together!

Hope to hear from you soon, until then, see you in the skies!

Offline RestfullCoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 09:11:12 pm »
Currently in a game lobby with the man Jub Jub himself and got interested in the clan, so I came here. I play engie, and my steam name is the same as my Guns of Icarus name. Look forward to hearing from you soon

Offline TheLostCavalier

• Salutes: 2
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 12:22:13 am »
I was playing some fun games with Jub Jub and SPQR. He mentioned filling out an application before I had critical computer failure so I am guessing this is it. My in-game name is TheLostCavalier. I enjoy all the classes, the gunner slightly more so than the engineer because it has more explosions and a lower risk of carpal tunnel. Recently I have gotten into piloting and really enjoy it. Hopefully there will be no mutinies and I can continue to fly. Thanks.

Offline Spyboticsguy

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 09:13:28 pm »
I've played a few games with SPQR people - all very kind, sporting individuals. I'd like to join your community, if at all possible, in order to play with what seems to me to be a group of really fun individuals. My in-game name is Spyboticsguy, as is my Steam name - I like to keep things simple. I'm comfortable with all classes and I'm not bent any particular way; I often end up switching between pilot and the other two classes from game to game to keep some variety up. I enjoy piloting/captaining, largely because it allows me to take my experience from playing the other classes and put it into play in a more difficult and stressful role.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 12:08:52 am »
Greetings Spyboticsguy!

I'm glad to hear you have such kind words for us lol. Let me elaborate on how we accept new clan members in (as I do realize its fairly vague in the OP and editing it is a right pain in the arse). SPQR accepts new members via an arbitrary process of "Official Matches". Basically you play several matches with 3-8 or so clan members at the same time for a portion of the clan can get to know you. If the clan likes you, and I see no apparent reason why you shouldn't be able to, you're welcome into the clan. However, because of this process its slow and time consuming. So while you're waiting for me to contact you about having an Official Match, just come find clan members and play with them in a more casual setting so they can get to know you before they're obligated too lol.

Hope to see you in the skies, smooth sailing!~