Author Topic: Realism has had it's fun...  (Read 86490 times)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Realism has had it's fun...
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 11:09:11 am »
Yeah, the H Carronade is sooooo bad at close range.

I detect the sarcasm, but quite honestly, if a certain someone never touched them since 1.2, they would be at a much better place that was BALANCED if I may add. But no, they got buffs in places nobody asked for and then nerfed to an even worse state than they were in 1.2, with less range and longer reloads.

They are not bad, but to me it felt like shit when I had to put up with this.

So is the Hwacha, just literally the worst.

Again, the sarcasm is easily detected, but on a serious note, your 14 second realod rocked battery is not my definition of 'fun' for a close range build, which is probably the case with Janeway as well, I would ask you respect our opinion just like we respect yours without sleazy sarcasms.

Close range builds to me are all about the DPS, to keep the guns firing and over-stress the enemy, not firing a single rocket barrage and wait for a long ass reload, this is not fun for me as a pilot or my gunner, at least in my experience in the game and when I played with my teammates, the least favorite gun was the Hwacha for the most part, it's simply not as fun as the Carronades or the sniper guns. The Hwacha also heavily restricts your manuvering as you HAVE to keep the ship still in order for your gunner to get a good shot, unlike weapons like a Gatling or a Carronade that can keep up with the ship's pace.

Anyway, this is a thread discussing ships, so I will not further go into this, but do mind where you throw your sarcasm around, it doesn't help anyone.
Look, I get it, you don't like the hwacha. Yes, it's a slow reload, and yes, heavy guns are very much in danger of getting knocked out of commission by art/merc/gat pretty easily. I understand that you may not like the way the hwacha forces you to play, but here's the thing: they're still viable. You made a crazy hyperbolic statement along the lines of there's no good close range heavy weapons, and you got about an equal quality response.

You could make an argument that light guns are just inherently better than heavy currently in general, that may have more ground to stand on, though I'd venture to point at the gents love of the galleon and their tournament win record.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 01:54:26 pm »
Look, I get it, you don't like the hwacha. Yes, it's a slow reload, and yes, heavy guns are very much in danger of getting knocked out of commission by art/merc/gat pretty easily. I understand that you may not like the way the hwacha forces you to play, but here's the thing: they're still viable. You made a crazy hyperbolic statement along the lines of there's no good close range heavy weapons, and you got about an equal quality response.

You could make an argument that light guns are just inherently better than heavy currently in general, that may have more ground to stand on, though I'd venture to point at the gents love of the galleon and their tournament win record.

You misunderstood me, I'm simply stating it's not a fun weapon.

I am not arguing against it's viability in certain situations, but it doesn't change my opinion that it is a very boring weapon to use and or equip on my ship.

I am also not the guy that is making arguments about the current close range weapons not being viable, that was Janeway, or at least you guys interpreted it to be so. I am simply stating that in my long absense, there still hasn't been a new heavy gun released to accomodate Close range fighting more and no I do not consider the Hwacha a 'Close range fighting' weapon, it is just a burst disabler and that is all there is to it.

As a final note, I'm talking about both weapons in conjuction with ships, since as I said in my previous post, this is more about ships. The Goldfish specifically for me, when I left the game I seriously felt that the faster ships just weren't fast enough and that my ship specifically was getting absolutely no love what so ever in terms of weapon changes/additions especially after the absolute JOKE that were the changes to the Hellhound after 1.2 , making everyone badshit insane about it and nerfed it more than it deserved. Is it still viable? I honestly don't care, the game just felt like shit after that, this is my honest opinion on this, which is why I'm even posting in this thread, to see if something is actually going to change to make this game more fun for me again.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 01:37:02 am »
yeah, hopefully more fun for you and the thousands of people who have left in less than two years...  and yes I keep talking about fun.   I have posts back on the old forum site about how we need new heavy weapons that are more interesting ever since they took away our flak us brawler/dog fighters used to use.  this is a drum I have been beating since I first joined beta and it hasn't changed anything which is why I am resigned to believing muse and I don't agree on what fun looks like...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:44:05 am by Cpt Janeway »

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 01:41:24 am »
I'm gonna start a new thread called "how is it that a game the requires no monthly fee to play and is owned by thousands of people around the world can't get anyone to continue to play?"   and the first reply will be "maybe it's because of how awesome sniping is!" 

and the second will simply read: "it's the ducks fault"

(p.s. I don't mind sarcasm)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:43:00 am by Cpt Janeway »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:25 am »
I'm gonna start a new thread called "how is it that a game the requires no monthly fee to play and is owned by thousands of people around the world can't get anyone to continue to play?"   and the first reply will be "maybe it's because of how awesome sniping is!" 

Yeah so, that's not sarcasm, that just petty spite and completely false. I suggest stopping before you make a real fool of yourself.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 04:29:12 am »

Yeah so, that's not sarcasm, that just petty spite and completely false. I suggest stopping before you make a real fool of yourself.

Too late...

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 05:30:50 am »
While I do not share Echoez and Janeway overall point of view, I can see where they are coming from - Hell, muse managed to make me quit playing GoI for a couple of months myself with 1.3.3. Muse has got a history of blatantly nerfing or fundamentally altering stuff they reckon to be out of line - without recoiling from forcing their playerbase to fundamentally adjusting their playstyle.
The most recent and drastic changes have probably been the pyra-hull nerf combined with the altering of the gat/mortar behaviour. By this muse has basically taken away the most popular build from the game. Players who specialized on gat/mortar builds more or less had to relearn the game from scratch as their build didn't work the same way it did before.
Regarding the heavy weapons: I don't think they lack diversity - yes more guns and diversity are always nice to have, but I can't see a gun that's missing. However I do agree with the point that heavy guns have been indirectly nerfed too much and I doubt anyone argues that they are spotted less frequently than before 1.3.3. Like Echoez I mostly blame the Artemis for this. There's just too much disable power in the current meta. I think heavy guns and the goldfish would be seen more frequently again if the Artemis was nerfed and maybe the rebuild time of heavy waepons was decreased a bit.
I also dislike the shift to sniper heavy loadouts since 1.3.3. Again I think a lot could be done here by nerfing the Artemis.

Despite all these negative aspects of the current balance, I do believe it is the best one we've ever had so far. Mostly because of the diversity it provides - there have never been more viable builds than today.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:44:23 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »
I agree about reducing heavy gun rebuild time, and possibly increasing their health so they take 3 direct artemis shots to kill, not 2.

Hellhound and barking dog need hitscan projectiles, or at least tracers. Currently it's very difficult to hit components with them. Their other stats are imo fine however.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:47 pm »
I agree about reducing heavy gun rebuild time, and possibly increasing their health so they take 3 direct artemis shots to kill, not 2.

Hellhound and barking dog need hitscan projectiles, or at least tracers. Currently it's very difficult to hit components with them. Their other stats are imo fine however.

Tracers would be nice, I find it far more fun having to give lead to carronade shots, originaly I believe they were straight up hit-scan weapons but I remember they were changed in a patch that also allowed them to be manipulated correctly by ammunition such as lesmok.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 10:17:52 pm »
I think tracers could definitely help.  You get used to leading the shots after firing it for a bit but tracers could definitely help new players get a grip on the weapon faster.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 10:20:13 pm »
I'm way too late to this thread, hence why I am posting this in thread rather than taking action as events unfold, but regardless, any targeted attacks at any individuals or groups of people will not be tolerated. If you believe someone has broken this rule that does not give you the right to break it yourself. Report the post, and move on.

Offline Twinkie D-Lite

• Salutes: 12
    • [KG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 11:57:51 am »
Maybe they will fix GoI so I can return. It is no longer worth my time as it is, to bad because I really enjoyed it once.

There is no correlation to weapon ranges whatsoever. A flamer going 200m and a gat only 450m, while a light carronade goes 350m if I remember right. Get a baseline or something.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:01:44 pm by Twinkie D-Lite »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 12:49:18 pm »
Psst guys, want to know a secret?

Brawling is still viable; please stop whining.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2014, 01:04:05 am »

I don't understand how to more
underline sarcasm than I did,  I literally said "i like sarcasm" at the end.   geez here just in case http://youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2014, 05:57:10 am »
Psst guys, want to know a secret?

Brawling is still viable; please stop whining.
Hahaha. I just noticed that you put text down in the bottom right. I thought you asked the question then were just gonna wait for someone to bite. XD