Author Topic: Suggestion for Spectator Mode  (Read 7142 times)

Offline Eisbrecher

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Suggestion for Spectator Mode
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:02:04 pm »
Muse,

While watching a match in spectator mode, I have noticed that it is not possible to join the match if another player has disconnected and was replaced with AI. The only possibility is to abandon the match and find it again in the main lobby (which can be none to easy if it is a busy day).

Would it be possible to add a function that allows spectators to take an AI position while in-game without having to leave the match? Perhaps something that opens the slot to spectators once the disconnected player changes from "disconnected" to "AI Player". I understand that this could possibly give the spectator a small advantage, but I believe that it is not enough to change the match to any one team's advantage.

Thank you for your consideration,
[Gent] Eisbrecher

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for Spectator Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:13:23 pm »
Yeah i would like this too. Not to cheat and have a complicated advantage, but rather to help out whoever loses a player so that the other team doesn't have an advantage.

Offline Kethwyn

• Salutes: 0
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 04:26:48 am »
Sounds kinda unfair but i do agree that such an option is needed, especially since sometimes people abandon the match as soon as it starts leaving one (or more?) ships in disadvantage.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 08:12:31 pm »
Since competitive games don't allow outside spectators anyway, I can't see this being unfair.

Not a bad suggestion.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »
Since competitive games don't allow outside spectators anyway, I can't see this being unfair.

Not a bad suggestion.

Fairness still matters in non-competitive games.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »
I can count the number of times I lost an allied captain and gained a better one, thus turning a losing game into a win, on my hands. It's a small chance with a very real boost in player's enjoyment when their crew mates or captain see fit to abandon ship or unfortunately lose power.

Forgive me if my wording presumed fairness doesn't matter everywhere.

Offline Kethwyn

• Salutes: 0
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:28 pm »
I can count the number of times I lost an allied captain and gained a better one, thus turning a losing game into a win, on my hands. It's a small chance with a very real boost in player's enjoyment when their crew mates or captain see fit to abandon ship or unfortunately lose power.

Forgive me if my wording presumed fairness doesn't matter everywhere.

True enough can relate with that.