Author Topic: "The Cogs" League Discussion  (Read 76399 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" League Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 06:51:15 pm »
you'd have to talk to our second team then, friday is my day off, and this friday im moving to a new apartment unfortunately.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »
So, what's happened so far in the Cogs today? I'm not coming online until later.

*desparately hopes for answer* 

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 04:29:09 pm »
So, what's happened so far in the Cogs today? I'm not coming online until later.

*desparately hopes for answer* 

museosaurus are still being dominated.

nothing interesting much

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 04:31:01 pm »
Not too much of a shock. Would you also be able to post updates after the other two matches? That would be amazing.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 05:32:25 pm »
Polaris beat Muse 5-2

MNS beat Corvus 5-0

Paddling beat Gents 5-2

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 05:33:42 pm »
Well done to the Paddling. They've shown that they can beat just about anybody now. Quack quack!

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »
they got us    good game well played where down but never out

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »
Well played on all accounts.

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:56 am »
I had some suggestions to qwerty... i watched some replays on youtube, where the streamer started spectating with turnng the camera around each ship, like a 3d preview, and it looked pretty cool. I know you are doing that sometimes, but in my opinion it would be fine to start every match with that.
Also, you are ok, calling us rrrusians, nvm that we are from different countries, all of us are speaking russian. )

Yea, and, btw we (polaris) are using spire not because we think its the best choice to win, but because we just like it, and we are always trying  something new, we even discussed the idea of taking 2 squids, honestly :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 09:12:30 am »
Doesn't Qwerty focus on all the ships at the start of every match? I'm pretty sure he already does it to check the loadouts.

Nice job with the blenderSpire by the way. That was magnificent to watch.

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 09:37:26 am »
I had some suggestions to qwerty... i watched some replays on youtube, where the streamer started spectating with turnng the camera around each ship, like a 3d preview, and it looked pretty cool. I know you are doing that sometimes, but in my opinion it would be fine to start every match with that.
Also, you are ok, calling us rrrusians, nvm that we are from different countries, all of us are speaking russian. )

Yea, and, btw we (polaris) are using spire not because we think its the best choice to win, but because we just like it, and we are always trying  something new, we even discussed the idea of taking 2 squids, honestly :)

You guys are amazing spire engies, how you keep it up so well is beyond me.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »
so will the whalers fight in 3 weeks since the team is now sorted out?

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 04:32:20 pm »
so will the whalers fight in 3 weeks since the team is now sorted out?

Not yet. To redeem yourself after you tried to pressgang players into your team, I asked you to gather your team and get all of them to post in a topic on the forum. I obviously didn't expect you to get all of them to say something, but I at least expected you to put in the effort. Instead: Only Lockheart responded.

Until you find a way to prove that you're not taking rubbish again and actually have a team to field, Dutchmen aren't going to be put into the rotation. It isn't fair on teams that actually have a consistent roster.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:46 pm »
there was indeed a slight error with the phoebe being missplaced, i forgot to remove her from the team.

then i followed your orders and made a topic for the team.

and now you want me to let everyone respond on it?

im not saying its fair, but i find this political fight rather pointless.
as a clanleader its my task to make sure that every player will be playing in the event, and if they cant ill try to replace them with a reserve or tell you 1 week before the event that we cant play.

if i cant trust my members then they wouldnt be in the team.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »
so if im right.

the whalers will fight the museosaurs on the 27th of april?

The whalers have been removed from the rotation until you can confirm your entire roster. Usually the process is based on trust in the captains but you've already proven unworthy of that trust, so we have to play things safe this time.

To confirm your entire team, I'd like you to create a forum topic in this board and have all eight members of your roster post in it, confirming their participation. Again, ordinarily this wouldn't be necessary, but after posting two (one and a half?) false rosters, I'd like to make sure before I put the Dutchmen into the roster only for half a team to show up and ruin Match 1. It's happened before.

This is my entire post about this. This is not a 'political' matter (Vote Pirate Party), it's a matter of Dutchmen not turning out to be another dud. Try to imagine it from our viewpoint. You post half of a roster and try to hype up the Dutchmen's arrival for a week or more and then when you DO post a full roster, a player pipes up and states that she's had virtually no contact with you. That's a pretty good reason for alarm bells in my eyes.

Now, read the post above. Notice how it states "To confirm your entire team, I'd like you to create a forum topic in this board and have all eight members of your roster post in it"? That was the requirement. I am not, as you are insunuating, tacking on extra requirements. This was made clear from the start, and yet you only posted the topic. It is not my fault if you failed to read the post.

That said, I've seen the topic spark up and I'd say that's proof enough. The Dutchmen are reinstated and set to play in the queue... Though as I've told you before, you'll need to pick new colours. Brown and Blue belongs to Polaris.