Author Topic: "The Cogs" League Discussion  (Read 76433 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" League Discussion
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2013, 10:44:00 pm »
You guys are amazing spire engies, how you keep it up so well is beyond me.

The Spire is by far the easiest ship to be the main engineer on. There is virtually nothing to do. You repair the hull, a couple of engines that won't get damaged that often anyways, and from time to time the main gun.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:01 am »

The Spire is by far the easiest ship to be the main engineer on. There is virtually nothing to do. You repair the hull, a couple of engines that won't get damaged that often anyways, and from time to time the main gun.

only problem: if you lose the hull, you better hope your hwacha took out the enemy guns or that the enemy misses the next 3 flak shots :D

I hope they fix the spire a bit so the hull engie doesnt have to feel like the kid being picked last at gym class.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2013, 03:41:08 pm »

only problem: if you lose the hull, you better hope your hwacha took out the enemy guns or that the enemy misses the next 3 flak shots :D

I hope they fix the spire a bit so the hull engie doesnt have to feel like the kid being picked last at gym class.

Agreed. The Spire is the only ship that I actively refuse to engi on. There needs to be more to it.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »
Hey guys, I've never participated in The Cogs so forgive me if this has been brought up multiple times already...

The concept is very interesting and sounds like a lot of fun, but I think it's a bit of a hinderance to require each team to have both ships fully manned. Has there been any discussion on creating a league where the 2v2 matches include four teams total (i.e., four person teams instead of eight)? For example, my three close friends and I play together often so I'd love to enter a team into the league, but it would be difficult for us to find another four people to fill the other ship. It'd add an entirely new dynamic to allow different teams to play both with and against each other.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »
Agreed. The Spire is the only ship that I actively refuse to engi on. There needs to be more to it.

Bubbles said something about flying spire in the future, and possibly a gun repositioning, It sure sounds like its getting a revamp. But lets see.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:47:13 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2013, 05:44:36 pm »
Hey guys, I've never participated in The Cogs so forgive me if this has been brought up multiple times already...

The concept is very interesting and sounds like a lot of fun, but I think it's a bit of a hinderance to require each team to have both ships fully manned. Has there been any discussion on creating a league where the 2v2 matches include four teams total (i.e., four person teams instead of eight)? For example, my three close friends and I play together often so I'd love to enter a team into the league, but it would be difficult for us to find another four people to fill the other ship. It'd add an entirely new dynamic to allow different teams to play both with and against each other.
''

I see your concern.

right now my own team consists og 11 people total.
2 of them are replacements.
and 1 of them is an honourary member (dont ask lol)

we pull replacements every week because something always comes up. We had people rushing to hospitals, get caught up in work etc.

and so in general our roster consists of maybe 6-7 pemanent members each week, which is a problem for us. But luckily some good players have been awesome and helping us out when we needed it, thanks to them.

What I can suggest that you do if you want to be a part of the cogs is:
go to the docks forum, start looking for a team.
either create your own or join an excisting one.

but before you do that!
start making a network of friends ingame, the more people you know, the easier it is to find people you like flying with.

1v1 was removed in beta afaik, and would need some rework before it gets introduced again (so ive heard).

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
As much as it pains me to say the following phrase*; Skrim is right.

Your best option as a team of four is to look for others in a similar situation and try to drag them into a team with you. Since we're still in Season 1 (Feels weird to think of the cogs in a season format, but hey, whatever works), there are a lot of loose ends and a couple of planned elements just fell through the cracks. Assigning spare players to draft teams was one of those plans that I never quite had the time or inclination to make.

That said, if any of the vets want to help the newcomers find their way into a team that doesn't quack after every single bloody kill, you'd be doing the community a pretty solid favour.

No Squash. Not you.

*I'm joking of course. I love you Skrim. Even if I occasionally misspell your name.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »
Join the Ducks! We can never have enough players :D

In fact, if all of our members were active right now, we'd have the manpower to assemble eight teams.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 12:17:59 am »
Hmm, that's true.  We could use another ship.  Maybe Squash should chime quack in.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:20 am »
I'd like to but I think Swallow just forbid it!

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2013, 01:56:10 am »
Oh, Swallow.
Only you could invite a whole group of ducks to crew your ship and get kills and then complain about all the quacking
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:02:30 am by Morblitz »

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:47 am »
Bubbles said something about flying spire in the future, and possibly a gun repositioning, It sure sounds like its getting a revamp. But lets see.
It sounds strange, cause spire does not have troubles with guns.
The main spire weaknesses are
-the ability to survive, low hit points.
-bug (?) that it dies just every time when falls on the earth.
-speed (not very important)

So if it needs a buff, you should buff some of things above

But its an awsome ship anyway, which is really interesting to play, and which has very much build options,  unlike, 4 example goldfish (2 playable builds at all)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:06:26 am by zitruskiller »

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2013, 11:30:03 am »
-bug (?) that it dies just every time when falls on the earth.

Yep, it was a bug, and we found it, and it'll be fixed in the next build. So there's that!

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2013, 02:27:01 pm »
Hmm, that's true.  We could use another ship.  Maybe Squash should chime quack in.
How does that work having that many members? If you guys have a match say every other week, does each ship get to play once every eight weeks or something?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »
How does that work having that many members? If you guys have a match say every other week, does each ship get to play once every eight weeks or something?

What? No, a clan can set up more than one team. The Ducks have three teams currently in the Cogs, and one team that tried to get in.