Author Topic: Sky League Signups (Closes March 15th)  (Read 39562 times)

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
Re: Sky League Signups (Closes March 15th)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 05:09:53 am »
TAW Update:
Here is our logo

LINK

Also.. so many teams competing :O This is gonna be awesome  ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:11:32 am by Hunter. »

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 05:41:18 am »
UPD

Crimson Sky Ryders logo updated  (had to make some corrections on it, sorry)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 01:25:14 pm »
Fancy Teamkillers
Team captain: Lochnagar
Secondary: Dementio
Logo: It's a work in progress

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »
Mad Hatters signed up
contacts are mattisamo and captain Roy

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 01:54:43 am »
Signups are now closed! We've had an enormous turnout with 21 registered teams. There will be a new thread posted tomorrow with group stage assignments.

The following teams have not submitted a logo

The Gents
Sacrilege
Phalanx Infamia
The IRIS Fleet
Mothers Against Gaming (logo needs to be an original work for which you own the copyright)
Fancy Teamkillers
Mad Hatters

The following teams need to send me Skype contact info

Phalanx Infamia
Mothers Against Gaming
Serra's Sentinels
Fancy Teamkillers

List of all registered teams

The Gents
Holy Celestium
The Art of Warfare
Glowwater Thralls
Sacrilege
Phalanx Infamia
The Mandarins
Zill's Merry Men
The IRIS Fleet
Mothers Against Gaming
The Clamour
Black Flight Squadron
VOLWe
Serra's Sentinels
Crimson Sky Riders
The Cupcake Bandits
Sky Invading Rhinos
Overwatch
Clockwork Cavalry
Fancy Teamkillers
Mad Hatters
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:36:20 pm by Urz »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 10:24:44 am »
You know no offence to some of the newer teams, but a lot of these guys signing up I've never seen them or their group. There may need to be a bit of verification that everyone has 8 players ready to go.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 12:11:17 pm »
You know no offence to some of the newer teams, but a lot of these guys signing up I've never seen them or their group. There may need to be a bit of verification that everyone has 8 players ready to go.
I agree. It wouldn't be the first time that a new team fails to turn up for an event they signed up for. Shouldn't be at all difficult for the organisers to check up with the newer teams just for a confirmation that they know what they're getting into and they have the people to make the commitment to it.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 01:08:42 pm »
I agree. It wouldn't be the first time that a new team fails to turn up for an event they signed up for. Shouldn't be at all difficult for the organisers to check up with the newer teams just for a confirmation that they know what they're getting into and they have the people to make the commitment to it.

I third this notion

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »
Is it fair of me to point out that if we are going to request that a background check be made on newer teams, then it is only reasonable for there to be a check made on all teams? Even if you have shown yourself to be reliable previously, not doing so would be playing favoritism. I would suggest that when a team is checked/verified, they be added to a list of verified teams. If they fail to show at any point they would be removed from the list and must be reverified for future events.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »
Is it fair of me to point out that if we are going to request that a background check be made on newer teams, then it is only reasonable for there to be a check made on all teams? Even if you have shown yourself to be reliable previously, not doing so would be playing favoritism. I would suggest that when a team is checked/verified, they be added to a list of verified teams. If they fail to show at any point they would be removed from the list and must be reverified for future events.

this

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »
It shouldn't be too much of a problem. I didn't see anything special about no-shows, but I'd go so far as to assume that not showing up within 5-10 minutes of the scheduled match start results in the team that did show up getting an automatic win. Getting teams to 'verify' their numbers would probably mean having the team captain or so provide the names of those on their ships, which is pretty much the same thing as them signing up for the tournament. You just have to take their word for it.

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2014, 05:56:13 pm »
It shouldn't be too much of a problem. I didn't see anything special about no-shows, but I'd go so far as to assume that not showing up within 5-10 minutes of the scheduled match start results in the team that did show up getting an automatic win. Getting teams to 'verify' their numbers would probably mean having the team captain or so provide the names of those on their ships, which is pretty much the same thing as them signing up for the tournament. You just have to take their word for it.
yeah, if they intentionally lie that would be a problem. The concern here is more with teams that haven't thought the commitment through than ones actually trying to crash the tournament. I think requesting a tentative list of crew for each team wouldn't be much to ask for and would inspire a little more confidence that matches will actually be played. Yes, forfeited matches don't break the tournament, but they are pretty annoying and make for boring Saturdays.

@redria: yeah, I wouldn't mind at all if all teams were "verified", it just seemed simpler not to go to the trouble of verifying the teams with reliable track records.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2014, 06:13:56 pm »
It wouldn't be favoritism because reliably showing up to events with 8 players is a great verification that a team will in the future. It would be far better to figure out no shows before they no show when brackets can still be fixed. Especially for the first bit due to it being a group of round robins.

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 07:10:58 pm »
It wouldn't be favoritism because reliably showing up to events with 8 players is a great verification that a team will in the future. It would be far better to figure out no shows before they no show when brackets can still be fixed. Especially for the first bit due to it being a group of round robins.
my thoughts exactly. but it's really not a big effort or a big deal for any of the parties so there's no point in having a confrontation over it. If Urz feels it's a good idea he can contact as many teams as he feels necessary and I won't be complaining. ^^

Mad Hatters change
Both captains for the Mad Hatters have stepped down and I (Velvet) am the team's only contact for now. Secondary contact and logo will be coming as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:14:34 pm by Velvet »

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »
I agree that there is more benefit from verifying new teams, but if this is to be a professional (sorta) event, then all teams need to be treated 100% equally. I don't anticipate any older teams failing to show, but if you ask newer teams and not older teams, it starts the tournament off on a bad note.

My problem isn't with the value of validation, but with the principal of only validating based on outside factors. Everyone must be treated equally.