Author Topic: Last Post: The Beginning  (Read 4400 times)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Last Post: The Beginning
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:03:59 am »
Long ago, I wandered into the forums of http://shirt.woot.com/. This was my first forums experience, and I didn't participate much, except for one thread which particularly amused me.

The "Last Post" thread.

See, on some sites, there is a magical point in time where the mods look at a thread and say "Hm. Seems like this has reached what should be the post limit. Let's lock this thread." At the moment the thread was locked, one person would be immortalized with the Last Post.

This person then got to start the next Last Post thread. The only rules were that there needed to be a first post picture, and each new page needed a top picture.

Now, what I don't know is whether this forum has a theoretical post soft limit. But I want to look around and find out.

So I would like for all pit dwellers to consult their own personal sky bacon along with me

And join me on a quest to capture the...

Last Post

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Last Post: The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:22:10 am »
We dont lock posts for a post limit... the only time a lock is placed is when we've deemed it violates community standards or forum rules... or if the OP requests it...

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Last Post: The Beginning
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:25:13 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was so excited. Can I request that this thread be locked the first time a mod sees it after it hits a certain post count?

Last Post
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:31:37 am by redria »