Author Topic: Enviroment is way to Over powered  (Read 17911 times)

Offline Starbound

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Enviroment is way to Over powered
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:53 pm »
The environment is way to over powered. Me and my friends have recently bought the game and have been playing. We tried playing the map Northern Fjords, but our engines would break every 3 seconds. We were at a major disadvantage. We then tried Battle of The Dunes to see if it ws any better, then the sand clouds came in and destroyed our engines again. Personally I think the environmental hazards are way to OP (Over powered) And they move way to quickly. There was no way of escaping the sand clouds on Battle of The Dunes. Hopefully this issue can be resolved somehow soon. I don't think that people just want to be stuck in the air not moving when they are being fired upon. So if you could please, nerf the environmental hazards? It would be much obliged. Thanks.

Sincerely,
               Starbound

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Enviroment is way to Over powered
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:40 pm »
there are no sand clouds on northern fjords

Offline Starbound

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:47:37 pm »
There may be no sand clouds on Northern Fjords but there is cold air if you go up high which can freeze your engines to an extent of them breaking.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:52:52 pm »
There are several easy ways to avoid being destroyed by sand clouds:

-Learn their movement patterns. They all move in straight lines, so it's not hard to predict where they're going.
-Rise above them. They don't reach to the top of the map, so you can fly over them.
-Repair your components. If you allocate a couple of components to each crew member, none of them will ever go down.

Also make sure the captain is being careful about using tools in clouds. Using kerosene or moonshine in a sand cloud is a good way to kill your own engines.

Also there's no "cold air" that freezes your engines on Fjords. Not sure what's giving you that idea.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:50 pm »
There may be no sand clouds on Northern Fjords but there is cold air if you go up high which can freeze your engines to an extent of them breaking.

Not in this game. Something else was destroying your engines, perhaps a piloting tool.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »
Incorrect. Only maps that have component breaking hazards are the iterations of Dunes.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:30:01 pm »
There are no sand clouds on fjords. You either ran into a tar cloud dropped by another ship, or your captain was using a pilot tool which was damaging your ship. Tar is very powerful but very difficult to use. Most pilots use it as an area denial tool to assist in escapes. A few captains can use it offensively but it takes a bit of skill and a lot of luck.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:34:36 pm »
If the cloud you were in was black then you flew into your enemies tar cloud (or your capn kept a pilot tool running)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »
lol some of you guys didn't even read it. It is clear to me their pilot didn't realize he had piloting tools on. Probably moonshine from the sound of it.

What you need to do is all of you run the tutorials and practice mode to realize you have tool buttons. Take 30 mins, then join real matches and you won't have any more issue.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 09:58:03 pm »
lol some of you guys didn't even read it. It is clear to me their pilot didn't realize he had piloting tools on. Probably moonshine from the sound of it.

What you need to do is all of you run the tutorials and practice mode to realize you have tool buttons. Take 30 mins, then join real matches and you won't have any more issue.

Yes, most likely a piloting tool is on.  Make sure the captain presses '1' to make sure they don't have any pilot tools activated.  The pilot can see the pilot tools when they are on the helm in the bottom middle of the screen.  Make sure the wheel (the first one) is selected and not tar, pheonix claw, kerosine or moonshine - those tools do damage to the engines over time.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 11:37:05 pm »
Try Again

The pilot should not have kyrosine on. Bcause with it on, the engines get destroyed.
Dont use kyrosine inside sand clouds.
Fjords does not have any hazardous clouds.
Dunes is the only map with deathmatch mode that has hazardous clouds.

Please try again.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 05:11:04 am »
if it was every 3 seconds it was moonshine.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:44 pm »
I just wrap plastic wrap all over my engines to avoid getting them dirty. You should try it.

Offline Anchorshag

• Salutes: 1
    • [MEAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 07:55:06 am »
The only thing I find annoying (especially about Dunes) is that it's fairly hard to distinguish between normal clouds and dust clouds.
Speaking of dust clouds, does just being in them damage components or only when moving through them? If you stopped would your engines still take as much damage?

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 08:32:00 am »
Being inside of a dust cloud will damage everything (almost everything?) on your ship, including engines, hull, guns. Possibly damages balloon, but I am not 100% sure. This happens regardless of whether you are moving or not. This means you generally want to be moving as long as you are moving against the cloud, not with it. Moving with the cloud keeps you in it longer.

Regular clouds on dunes are a nice white. Dust clouds are a brownish color, much closer to the color of sand.