Author Topic: Detach drums from music!  (Read 14620 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: Detach drums from music!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31:15 am »
make the action music and actual music seperate.
as posted before i would suggest different sliders.
but instead of "action music"and "music".
I would suggest "Ambience" for drums and other action related music, and "music" for the music that is not related to action.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 08:59:18 am »
Wouldn't separating them not matter, since anything to give you an edge would be on for 99% of people anyway?  I fly with no music, but my crews tell me when we have drums.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 09:03:55 am »
Wouldn't separating them not matter, since anything to give you an edge would be on for 99% of people anyway?  I fly with no music, but my crews tell me when we have drums.
im just giving an suggestion, not an order.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:10 am »
And I'm giving my opinion on the thread, not just your post.

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 10:00:44 am »
I usually fly with sound at 100% when I fly seriously, only for the drums and turn it down to 50% other times. In-game sound track isn't annoying for me, and not that loud imo, only the menu music. So for me it doesn't matter.

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 12:46:39 pm »
In my opinion, I find that the drums have a negative effect on gameplay as they are activated by proximity. This is a problem because it causes ambushes/feats of stealth to be less effective.

E.g. A sniper who has been successfully snuck up on, should not be rewarded with the knowledge of knowing an enemy ship is close by via the sounding of the drums.

Instead of drums activating on just proximity, I believe a second prerequisite should be included. This being the actual beginning of the engagement between the two ships involved. If however this second prerequisite cannot be implemented due to other complications, I would suggest that an option be included in perhaps the lobby creation to able/disable the battle drums.

*If in the unlikely scenario that finding enemy ships on some maps becomes somewhat time consuming perhaps new tools could be designed to have a proximity device implemented or other system...*