Author Topic: A New Day for GOIO  (Read 25795 times)

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
A New Day for GOIO
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »
Hi everyone, hi Muse.

I want to bring up something that may seem a little outdated however had a huge importance to me, therefore I'd politely like to bring it up for discussion once more for your consideration.

Firstly I'd like to post a quote I found on the forums from ImaginationMan on 2012:

"The only issue I can see with this game's design is the lack of boarding. Just an open question to the developers: Why did you guys decide to leave out boarding?"

Please note that this quote has been around since 2012.

I, as a player, began this game in 2013 (February 23, 2013 to be exact). The issue of boarding was still not brought to the plate and as I can see from this post that it has never been. I was really disappointed to see there wasn't a thread already brought up about this conversation, therefore I'd like to start one now. This has been very disappointing to me in general in regards to the game.

In hopes that you will resurface this issue I made my own personal design. Please, please take it into consideration. I have discussed it in depth with my clanmates and they all support me on this incredible issue. Also they approve of the design, as I am in high hopes that you will as well.

Thank you for everything you've done for us, your players.

Ariden, representative of the SAC community.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:25:01 pm by Ariden »

Offline Javrak

• Salutes: 2
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: A New Day for GOIO
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:27:29 pm »
Oh wow, my mind, blown.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:28:13 pm »
I support this idea :D.

I can see a lot of possibilities with flaming boards with incendiary rounds or burst rounds which have boards with lots of splinters!  Also, awesome drawing Ariden!

Offline communistpony

• Salutes: 0
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 04:28:38 pm »
I definitely support this. I don't know how many times my gun has been shot out and I have wanted to just come up and hit them off of their ship! Boards just make the perfect sense to do this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:48:00 pm by communistpony »

Offline THE FERRYMAN

• Salutes: 0
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »
good idea ;D

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »
If you pile enough boards on their ship, let's call it 'lumber', it should start getting into the crew's way and perhaps tripping them. A tripping animation should not be too hard to do. Maybe if you got like 100 piles of lumber on the enemy ship, it would cause them to sink without constant use of the W key. To get rid of all the extra wood, engies would have a new 'beaver' tool to eat all the wood.

Also, I just noticed that the barrel on your concept is round, while the boards are squared. The gun would be for more efficient if it had a rectangular barrel. The concept is sound, though, as evident by this old photo of early boarding gun tests.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:40:55 pm by Richard LeMoon II »

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »
omg this is amazing i have always wonder why people related boarding to air buccaneers because i couldn't find any guns like this on buccaneers.
and i don't usually agree with my mate richard but i have to agree this is awesome not sure if its just the art work or the actaul idea it's self

aredan your art is always epic keep  up the amazing idea's

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 04:42:46 pm »
If you pile enough boards on their ship, let's call it 'lumber', it should start getting into the crew's way and perhaps tripping them.

So maybe we should call it something like the 'Lumber Flak', what do you think?  If it was a heavy weapon (lumber is heavy) then you could have one side of a galleon with a lumberjack and a lumberflak.  Lumber Jack takes down the balloon and Lumber Flak trips up the crew so they can't climb the stairs to get to the balloon.

Offline Madi Lee

• Salutes: 3
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »
This is an issue that has always burdened the very synapses of my brain. The solution is so clear now. Thank you very much for this stunning input. Hopefully, proper consideration will be taken so the people will get what we want and what we deserve.

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 04:55:08 pm »
Thank you all for your wonderful input to this concerning issue, please keep your comments coming. I am writing everything down and carefully exploring each detail. This could be a new possibility for GOIO as a community and as a game!

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 05:24:26 pm »
ARIDEN IS RIGHT!

It's time we, as players, take a stand and let muse know what we want. Boarding has always been dismissed as too much to implement or too hard to balance. Well no more! WE WANT BOARDING AND WE WANT IT NOW! I hardly think one extra gun would be too hard to implement and balance. They added the Hades with no major problems. Even the Mobula was added without much difficulty at all. GIVE US BOARDING OR GIVE US DEATH!

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 06:19:14 pm »
jaegerdelta
 i agree with every thing you said you seem very passionate about boarding but i don't want to see guns of icarus commuity turn in to some sort of lynch mob crazed for muse blood

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 06:23:47 pm »
ARIDEN IS RIGHT!

It's time we, as players, take a stand and let muse know what we want. Boarding has always been dismissed as too much to implement or too hard to balance. Well no more! WE WANT BOARDING AND WE WANT IT NOW! I hardly think one extra gun would be too hard to implement and balance. They added the Hades with no major problems. Even the Mobula was added without much difficulty at all. GIVE US BOARDING OR GIVE US DEATH!

Are you insane? Why did you give them an option aside from giving us boarding?

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 07:44:00 pm »
I take tree of these please.

But seriously guys, leaf this to the devs to decide. They wood have implemented it already if they could. it's not OaK to bark at them fir tree or more days.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:23 pm »
I take tree of these please.

But seriously guys, leaf this to the devs to decide. They wood have implemented it already if they could. it's not OaK to bark at them fir tree or more days.
You can only use so many puns before it just becomes too much. This was one pun short of that.