Author Topic: Question about Co-op mode  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Question about Co-op mode
« on: February 15, 2014, 04:37:34 am »
So, both devs and players seem pretty averse to any changes such as level-locked matches, because changes that split the community are bad. We need MORE mixing between players of different skill level, not less. I agree, though having to explain basic tool use while under fire can be annoying at the time :)

So, the question is- how will skirmish and co-op work together, if at all?
Will there be a massive schism when co-op is released as some people rush off to play co-op while others stay in skirmish, fracturing the already-tiny player base?
Will co-op be somehow integrated into the main game, perhaps a shared lobby list?
Will players who bought have co-op be able to invite their friends to play co-op for free (I really this one will happen, this is what made starcraft so popular back in the day)?

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Co-op mode
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:08:58 am »
I do believe they are separate completly. at this point most everything is speculation but.

Also on your point about it splitting players based on level and experience I don't think it will do that. In regards to that they've mentioned a few times on the dev fire side chat's they're working on a system that will give you a rating on how you did (performace) and that will judge who you get matched with. Which ultimately will mix players of different levels together in the long run

When you say co-op are you refering to adventure mode?

and that last part is probably a no... however you can totally get co-op and adventure mode for $10 if you act now and hit up the store on the main site ^.^

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 02:11:22 pm »
I thought co-op and adventure mode are different, adventure mode is a metagame for co-op missions kind of like EVE is a metagame for dust 514 missions.

Splitting the player base is bad either way- whether it is based on skill or based on who has DLC. Being able to host (even a limited number of) free co-op games would be a huge plus because it would get people hooked and more willing to buy co-op themselves. Some other games ex. starcraft or homm do this with spawn installs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_installation

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 08:19:52 pm »
they are different.