Author Topic: Post level 15 log/goal/whathaveyou idea(s)  (Read 13729 times)

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
Re: Post level 15 log/goal/whathaveyou idea(s)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »
If you wanted to add anything after level 15, I'd make them achievements that reflect simply time and experience rather than the current farm-fest we have now.

Things like 5k games played, 2000 ship kills, 5k captures defended, and so forth. And make them all progress at the same time rather than unlocking one at a time.

That said, I don't think it's necessary at all.

Offline Sir Yosh

• Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:37 pm »
You can add a hat or two after every 2000 or 3000 games, but no more levels...

I enjoyed running for 15 and I feel like everything added now would be pretty annoying. I enjoy playing my main class and I don't need any complicated "win X matches vs X+ lvl enemies on map X with no deaths and at least X% hull" achievements ;)

There are still 2 classes to learn/progress in. Perhaps there could be a "all 15" reward, pushing people to try different things.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 06:25:56 pm »
Mainly to TyberiusTheThird post.

So you can't be helpful and have side goals? I don't see how this suggestion would make us any-less helpful to people.. I have always tried to correct/help people if I see them doing something wrong or inefficient to help them be a better player..

Also while I can understand you and others don't enjoy the log system - doesn't mean we should not consider the option for people who would like to have more of it (I think there is only a handful of logs that need to be reconsidered due to either difficulty or tediousness.. but log changes is a different topic).

Personally as said I find the game more fun when I have side goals to go for - and I doubt I am the only one. I am not asking for it to be made mandatory and there doesn't even need to be a visable reward (for me but I assume others would like it, and the weekly log idea would benefit from it to encourage participation, so it is included in the thought)- just to give continuation to what we already have or another side system that does the same thing.

I don't think the bounty system is fun or interesting in its current state(at all).. So should we remove it? No, because some people do like it and have fun with it... Same with additional log systems - imo - its something people who want it can participate and people who do not can ignore it.

Also I get some people will be against the idea but I'd prefer reasons beside I don't like it/want more of it.. as to why we shouldn't get it... or alternatives to add more.. Because why are options a bad thing.. if those options may not be that time consuming to include.. and help keep x percent of the game community wanting to keep playing.

----

As for the topic of training logs, I am fine with that to if they add them in way that's not ridiculous. (ie I don't want them to be full crews of 1-3.. give us at lest 2 above 3.. or expand the 3 to 5 so these ships are not so rare)... Also really level 1-3 aren't the only novice.. I think for the purpose of the log raising it to 1-5 is more then fair..

While I don't think we need logs to make us want to be helpful though, this community in general is all pretty helpful/willing to work with anyone who is willing to work with them and even to an extent the ones who are not willing..

So all the logs would do is encourage us to play more games on low level ships which in-turn puts us in situations we could help more, but logs can't be done in such a away as to reward you for being helpful.. (ie their is no way for the game to know if we told someone how to do something better or if we were a jerk and just used them for a log point :P).

--

Also To Yosh I agree we don't need more levels atm. .. Until we get enough new maps, guns, and maybe ammo/tools to warrant them adding more levels to cover those.. I see no reason to add more level oriented logs..

What I do want is a continuation of the side goals so that you have more reason to play what you want then feeling obligated to playing something that makes you quit playing the game out of boredom.. (at lest that is what happens for me). I understand everyone doesn't need that, but some people do prefer it (I assume I am not the only one.. but maybe I am special haha)...

I agree just letting us re-do the logs again isn't as fun as the weekly log ideas or things beyond it. That is just the simplest possible solution (I think) for the topics point (more class goals post level 15).. and would sever the purpose if something more interesting is to complicated to introduce in a reasonable amount of work time.

(... I don't think that]s a wall of text since its just a few posts mashed together.. :P)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 06:58:37 pm »
I know that I'm not in much position to talk about being a senior player, but I don't see the need for all of this extra gubbins either. Being experienced and teaching people what you know is much more fulfilling and important than showing off that experience with numbers and stars. I enjoy bagging the occasional achievement but I never take time out of playing normally just to get them and I don't plan to do that in the future. I would be comfortable with reaching level 12 in everything and then no longer progressing because the achievements are too specific for me to obtain in good time.

Adventure Mode will likely come with a plethora of bells and whistles, let alone plenty of daily missions to complete and sorties to fly. There's going to be so much to do and experience that levels, while remaining a decent indicator of player experience, may not matter as much.

I would like to see some kind of additional system where awards or 'medals' could be earned by the player. These medals could be given for completing daring missions or showing strong allegiance to a particular faction. On a similar vain, some kind of rank system or player-earned titles. These things are probably all being considered for Adventure Mode.

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 07:43:05 pm »
I was rather upset the first time around when they added level 10 after a hard grind to level 9... for every class. Achievements need to stay finished and Muse needs to find something new to do if they want to add any sort of progression to skirmish or the new Co-op that is coming soon.