Author Topic: Saturday tournament scheduling: 3pm EST or 4pm EST (or other)?  (Read 13896 times)

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday tournament scheduling: 3pm EST or 4pm EST (or other)?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 10:27:20 am »
sacrilege has a lot of aussies. im one of them i would like to see everyone happy with the time, i think the 4est is a good and fair time i have 3 members from uk 3 and 3 usa and 2 aussies in our core member and a whole lot of other people and that is our favrite time to play. western Australians would have to get up and 4am which would be crazy. 6am for my queensland brother ram
and im lucky 7am for me

just so people know there is currently a good number of aussie coming in to our competitive teams sac has 3 i hear duck has a couple and i know there are a couple in other clans so i have been told

there a 2 full aussie/Asian teams coming up they haven't made it to competitive yet but i hope to see them here soon

on that note i would like to see it stay on 4est times Saturday playing from 9 to 1 or 2 in the morning with no work on a sunday the next day. sounds way better then getting up early on a Sunday.

plus competitive wise the oceanic region has i higher grade of competitive players (in other competitive games)and would be a shame to rule them out all together due to just a time restraint

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11:35 pm »
sacrilege has a lot of aussies. im one of them i would like to see everyone happy with the time, i think the 4est is a good and fair time i have 3 members from uk 3 and 3 usa and 2 aussies in our core member and a whole lot of other people and that is our favrite time to play. western Australians would have to get up and 4am which would be crazy. 6am for my queensland brother ram
and im lucky 7am for me

just so people know there is currently a good number of aussie coming in to our competitive teams sac has 3 i hear duck has a couple and i know there are a couple in other clans so i have been told

there a 2 full aussie/Asian teams coming up they haven't made it to competitive yet but i hope to see them here soon

on that note i would like to see it stay on 4est times Saturday playing from 9 to 1 or 2 in the morning with no work on a sunday the next day. sounds way better then getting up early on a Sunday.

plus competitive wise the oceanic region has i higher grade of competitive players (in other competitive games)and would be a shame to rule them out all together due to just a time restraint

The former paddling had a composition very similar to what tropo has now.

Honestly to me the fairest thing would be to keep the 4pm time but to structure the event so that it takes less than 3 hours.  Cogs used to frequently take less than 2 and at times took less than 1.

The new Saturday event will be the preminent event in GOI.  Having things like, two streamers, best of 1s time limits etc could really move things along making it better for spectators, castors and players alike.

tl;dr I think it would be best to start at 4pm so everyone can play but keep the tournament relatively short so that Europeans can get a fair amount of sleep and everyone else can have enough time for their non goi life.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 06:16:47 pm »
and im lucky 7am for me
Daylight savings doesn't last forever though :p

On that note though EST does go in and out of daylight savings so it does make it confusing when agreeing on a time to do it in EST rather than GMT or UTC.  With EST going into daylight savings soon and other timezones coming off daylight savings it will change the difference between EST and local time by 2 hours in some places so are we going to have this same conversation next month when all the times change?