Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 305542 times)

Offline Grim-Reaper

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2013, 08:16:36 pm »
We just need to survive until next year

LOL yeah

Offline Darcain

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2013, 05:42:11 am »
Something that's confusing me slightly with the wording in the post, the first one in this topic I mean, I get the impression that you have to buy the adventure modes or have to buy some mode before to access it, is it like that or do you just have access to all the modes when you first have bought the game? I am just confused, is all.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:22 am »
Adventure Mode will be DLC, an add-on or multiple add-ons to the game you already own. If you head over to http://gunsoficarus.com/store/ and do the $10 donation, you will be entitled to the entire Adventure Mode, even if it is split in to several smaller DLC releases, and even if each of those releases are priced much higher than $10. If you think you even MIGHT be interested in Adventure Mode, I'd highly suggest donating now.

Offline Rex Kramer

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:50 pm »
Just to undertand... I donated 30$ by paypal to support Adventure Mode, I'm recieving right now some unlocks and a Skirmish Mode key, will I get Adventure Mode as well or I need to do a another 10$ donation?
Then, if'll get Adventure Mode too, it will be bound to the Skirmish Mode key I recived for my donation, or (because I bought the game on Steam before I decided to donate) I can use that Skirmish Mode key it as a gift for a friend and still get the Adventure Mode?
Thanks for your time!  :)

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:44 pm »
Assuming you donated with PayPal DURING the Kickstarter, you will receive all the same Kickstarter rewards that are listed for backers. The $30 Kickstarter level was First Flight. It included the following: Adventure Mode + KS exclusive Dust Rider 2.0 + CE Skirmish Mode (Skirmish Mode soundtrack, Captain's costume pack) + Dust Rider 1.0 costume

You should have already recieved an e-mail containing the Skirmish Mode, soundtrack, Dustrider and Captain's Costume Pack keys. You should also have recently got another e-mail with the code for the new Skyrider costume (Dustrider 2.0). Assuming that you already have Skirmish Mode, that key is yours to do with as you please! Roll up a secret level 1 player for yourself on a new Steam account, give it to a friend, try to leverage it in a trade (keep in mind that you will NOT be able to activate the code on Steam for an inventory gift/trade item, as is standard with ALL 3rd party Steam activation keys), or just save it for a rainy day.

To activate the Dustrider and Skyrider costumes, while in-game, click the "Store" button. From there, click "Redeem Promo Code" at the bottom, and enter in the codes from your e-mail. If you did not already have the soundtrack or Captain's Pack, you can activate those codes through Steam to add that content to the game you already have. The soundtrack is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Guns of Icarus Online\Guns of Icarus Online Soundtrack     Alternately, you can right click Guns of Icarus in your Steam library, click properties, then the "Local Files" tab. From there, the "Browse Local Files..." button will take you to the folder containing the soundtrack. The Captain's Pack is 6 predetermined costumes, one for each class and gender. It will directly apply the new costume items to your inventory under "Role". If you already had any of this extra content, the codes are also yours to do with as you see fit.

When Adventure Mode is released next year, you will get an e-mail containing the activation code for the Adventure Mode DLC on Steam.  If it ends up being necessary for Muse to release Adventure Mode as several smaller packages, you will receive a separate e-mail containing a key for each DLC as it is released. It will not matter how you acquired GoIO on Steam, be it retail purchase, Kickstarter, or Indie deal. As long as you already have Skirmish Mode you will be able to activate the key(s) for the Adventure Mode DLC.

The suggestion to donate $10 now is for anyone who missed the Adventure Mode Kickstarter, or only were able to back at the $5 level at the time. The donation is the best way to be sure to get the entire Adventure Mode experience as thriftily as possible, while still helping to support the development. If you donate the $10 now, you will not receive any of the bonuses I mentioned above. You will only receive the key(s) for the Adventure Mode DLC when they are released, and you MUST already own Skirmish Mode to active the keys.

Hope I answered all the questions for now!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:54:14 pm by dragonmere »

Offline Rex Kramer

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2013, 06:09:43 pm »
You answered and you did it good and clear! Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply, is much appreciated.
Greetings from Italy!  :)

Offline bullethose

• Salutes: 2
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2013, 09:51:39 am »
voice acting or at least speech is something I would like.

Offline Sir Harcourt Mudd

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2013, 09:59:38 am »
At first, when I heard about the non open world thing, and the limitation to trade routes, I was really disappointed. (Even though I could get why it wasn't a possibility)
But with time, I figured that it was probably for the better. Not only will it be better looking, it's the smart thing to do too.

When I play an openworld game, I always take the same route from point A to B no matter what my freedom spans to.
And I trust Muse will make it so that although you're limited, it's not just a linear corridor you'll be flying through.

Offline El Viejo Roble

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »
My congratulations for this game, I've discovered it this week.

Please dont delay the adventure release date soo long.

This could be the most gratifying experience ever. Dont give up

And please dont Forget to add some biplanes to the game inspired in the Airco De Havilland DH1, Fokker Eindeker they were very slow and easy to shoot down just for exploration, supporting and solo players, just an idea  ;D

Offline Earl Mountbatten

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »
So... call me stupid, but :

Do i have to buy adventure mode if i already own Guns od Icarus Online now ?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »
Yes, it'll be paid DLC unless you backed the Kickstarter.

Offline Earl Mountbatten

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2013, 09:31:28 pm »
Ah, ok, i was kinda confused but counsider 10 bucks yours :D

Offline Skuijs

• [NLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2013, 06:52:09 pm »
Hello got the 10 dollar kickstarer :) nice going love the game ! cant wait for the adventure mode !

Offline monkotto

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:34 am »
This look amazing. I thought the game was going to be like that now, but was not disappointed by skirmish mode. You guys can take the epic mechanics for fights and put a few towns in and tons of people would buy it!

Offline Connor Gilligan

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »
Just some things I want to see from Adventure Mode

-Bigger crews = Bigger ships. I'd love to see armored cruiser vessels. If not a crew, but passenger that are either relaxing or lost their own ships
-Flying cities. Not like Columbia but in a world of flying boats, they have to have some that just float around a general area and decided that it was a fine way to live.
Deeper customization. I know others have asked for this and I'm not expecting Saints Row depth in this department, but I'd like to look unlike a reskin of everyone else for Adventure Mode.

Otherwise it's all going in a good direction for me.