Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 305700 times)

Offline Bartimaeus Fry

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:46 am »
Well, it's quite common for the curve to slack after a KS has been funded. GoIO's fanbase isn't really large enough yet to support any crazy stretch goals.

EDIT: That doesn't mean additional advertising wouldn't help, of course.

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2013, 05:26:20 pm »
I'd like to hold out with the belief that a nice investor will come along at the last minute and donate enough to hit all of the stretch goals but......

I actually ~just~ got all of my bills and everything else for the month paid off, so I should hopefully be able to put in my money within the next week or two (need my next paycheck for it).

I know Massively had recently run another article to point out the Kickstarter updates, um.....oh....BIG SUGGESTION!  Recently, Rev3Games (Adam Sessler & co.) had been running interviews & a few other review-esque spots online/on TV apps for a particular indie title that released on Steam recently.  These pieces single-handedly got me wanting to try the game out.

Might I suggest Muse giving a poke to Rev3Games (if they have already, I did not notice it)?  That would certainly draw more eyes to Guns of Icarus Online, especially since they loved the ~other~ co-op indie experience so much.

Offline Respect

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2013, 06:39:28 am »
Ahh it's a shame that kickstarter doesn't take webmoney or qiwi payments, that's why most of russian players couldnt help :(

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2013, 07:24:05 am »
Ahh it's a shame that kickstarter doesn't take webmoney or qiwi payments, that's why most of russian players couldnt help :(
allowing webmoney payments would really make things easier for Russian players

Offline Respect

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:38 am »
allowing webmoney payments would really make things easier for Russian players
We can help through spending money in the in-game store, but i am not sure that all the money goes to muse games, Father Gabe grabs his %. Anyway, this is the only solution at the moment.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2013, 10:03:16 am »
On top of PayPal, we were notified that our friends in Russia use something called WebMoney.  We'll be trying to set that up and if we can we'll post that up ASAP.

This is the last I heard of WebMoney... I'm not sure when/if it's going to be implemented, but Muse knows about it :P

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »
I spy in the background of the last video something very, very special.

Offline MONKEY

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:49 pm »
Does anyone think they'll be any room for Salvage Laws in Adventure Mode? Like being able to claim a stranded airship (on a trade route) as salvage? Or maybe just salvage missions; be a bit of a change to trade missions to go and collect some precious salvage from an old wreck? Just an idea but maybe?

Offline Kenchmeister

• [MST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2013, 03:38:45 pm »
I can't wait for this to come out. I obviously have pledged my share in Kickstarter and I just am bursting with excitement to see what you guys at Muse Games have got lined up for us GoIO fans!

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2013, 04:24:57 pm »
Does anyone think they'll be any room for Salvage Laws in Adventure Mode? Like being able to claim a stranded airship (on a trade route) as salvage? Or maybe just salvage missions; be a bit of a change to trade missions to go and collect some precious salvage from an old wreck? Just an idea but maybe?

Yes, salvaging/resource collection missions are on the table.

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2013, 03:40:21 am »
If this isn't half obvious, I would really appreciate a faction or tribe based around dinosaurs, similar to dinotopia but not infringing on copyright.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:18 am »

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2013, 12:53:19 pm »
Something I'd like to see in AM:

The biplanes... Let us pilot them too! I like the idea of having them as PvE enemies, but I would love it even more if we were able to fly them.

For instance... Maybe a valid "ship" setup would be to have four guys in four biplanes? Or two guys in two tandem biplanes? You wouldn't have to change the game mechanics at all, the "biplane squad" could be some sort of new ship.

Of course there should be mechanics in place to warrant team play. For instance, this "4 biplane ship" idea could have 1 refilling biplane (so the rest have to get refilled eventually or crash) a bomber and a couple fighters to protect the vulnerable two.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2013, 12:57:59 pm »
That is definitely one of their Stretch goals to allow us control of the planes, but I can forsee a huge balancing issue when it comes down to it.... it'll be interesting

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »
That is definitely one of their Stretch goals to allow us control of the planes, but I can forsee a huge balancing issue when it comes down to it.... it'll be interesting

Oh, true, I completely skipped over that stretch goal.

Damn, reading the Stretch Goals is almost physically painful. Knowing that those things have gone through the mind of the developers and that we might not see them is heartbreaking.

I will be pledging as much as I can... And promoting the game to the best of my ability. There is just one thing I'd love to be reassured about: If the game is successful, and keeps on making money (even if slowly) I hope the dev team will keep building on it, trying to slowly realize those goals, rather than switching to another project. GOIO is a thing of beauty, it needs to be iterated upon!