Author Topic: Version 1.3.6 Release Notes  (Read 14331 times)

Offline Grixis

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
Version 1.3.6 Release Notes
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:00:54 am »
In memory of TimmyB

Contents: 
- Decorations for your ship: 
   - 4 figureheads*
   - 3 deck themes*
   - 5 balloon decals
   - 6 ship paint colors
*Each figurehead or deck theme can be used for all ships.
- Female Khovansky costume
- New Ship Collision FX
- New First person locomotion animations
- Practice Mode renamed to Blumer’s Blastyard
- All items in Store 50% off til 5/23

Features
- Community System: 
There is now a Community section in game accessible from the header.  This section has quite a few new shiny things in it.  The most prominent is the Clan system.  From now on, you’ll be able to create your clan as well a permanent clan name and clan page.  You will be able to manage your clan by promoting officers and accept new clan members.  You’ll also have demote and kick functions for your clan, so use wisely.  Your clan can be given commendations by other players, and this will determine your clan’s visibility in the clan list.  Your clan will now also have it’s own chat channel and members list alongside Friends and Party.  The leaderboard for the competitive season in game is now also available, and you can see your new shiny profile page, with a character viewer to boot.  All upcoming community events will be displayed in Community, and you can favorite any of them for your clan page.  As events become available, you can join them (if permissions allow) directly from event list. 

Community Section
Clan System:  Clan registration, member management, clan list, clan chat
Events
Competitive leaderboard
New Profile page

- Ship Customization:
The ability to decorate your ships is finally here!  There is a new section in the Store called Ship, where you can get deck themes, figureheads, balloon decals, and paint colors for your ships.  Some of the decoration items will also be unlockable through your Progression.  After you get the items, you can go to the new Ship screen to decorate with them.  The new Ship screen is also more streamlined, with bigger ship previews, where you can simply drag to rotate and zoom in and out.  Gun slot customization is also cleaner with less clutter. 

New deck themes, figureheads, balloon decals, and paint colors for ships
New Store section for ship decorations
New and streamlined Ship customization page with enhanced ship preview (drag to zoom and rotate ship)

- Updated Tutorials:
The tutorials have been updated to cover more of the essential elements of the game.  A basic tutorial allows you to explore the different components on the ship - helm, guns, and repair points - and trigger tutorials for each component.  The basic tutorial also instructions and reminds about all the communication tools, such as voice chat, text chat, and voice commands.  It shows how guns are used in tandem or complements.  The class specific tutorials then dive into more specifics about the individual components, skills, and mechanics of each player class. 

- Notification alerts
- Stopping animations
- Additional hooks for balance data analysis

Balance
- Portable Flak: Arming Distance of 150m (no AoE under 150m, from 225m), 2.5x Zoom (from 2x), 1000m Max Range (from 875m), Pitch Speed 50 degrees/s (from 120), Yaw Speed 50 degrees/s (from 120), Rate of Fire 2.857 bullets/s (from 2.5), Reload Time 4s (from 5), Damage 50 Direct Explosive/30 AoE Explosive (from 45/30)
- Harpoon: Maximum Harpoon Duration 5s (from 120s), Max Rope Length 800m (from 600m), Max Range 800m (from 600m), Reload Speed 16s (from 4s), Force 270000N (from 20000)
- Flamethrower: Fixed major hit detection bug so flames actually hit reliably now, AoE Radius 6m (from 10), 1.6 Direct Fire Damage with 27.4% of igniting 1 fire stack (remember that flamethrower always has 6m AoE Radius even without AoE damage)
- Tar Barrel: Fixed exploitation bug where damage would not be dealt until the end of the tick.  Reduced engine damage to 20 damage (from 25), Increased Cloud Duration to 35s (from 30), and Increase Cloud Damage to 15 Shatter/s (from 12)

Bugs:
- Fixed bug with notification UI overlaying on top of other UI elements
- Fixed graphical glitch with multiple slot swap requests
- No more 2 rubber goggles in store
- Fixed incorrect texts in achievements
- Removed duplicate tracks in soundtrack DLC
- Fixed extension/file type inconsistencies in soundtrack DLC
- Fixed incongruous terrain/obstacle on Northern Fjords
- Removed invisible collider/wall in Anglean Raiders
- Fix for mic usage preventing turning
- Fixed disappearance of friend and block lists
- Fixed player loadout screen issue with quick esc press
- Fixed issue with 3rd person view and mounting mine launcher
- Fixed display inconsistencies of the player class usage piechart in player profile
- Fixed shader of gratings so they receive shadows properly
- Fixed scrollbar positioning for Friends, Blocked, and Recent lists in Social
- Fixed issue of player popup being overlapped by lobby name
- Fixed issue of captain target selecting allied ships
- Fixed gun class mislabeling in ship customization screen
- Fixed functioning of exit game button on loading screen
- Fixed formatting issue with skill tooltips
- Fixed choppy movement speed when player falling
- Fixed issue with pilot’s FOV not resetting when ship destroyed
- Fixed issue with buffing changing rebuild time
- Fixed issue with not being able to repair component when inside them
- Fixed issue with Home/End keys scroll the chat too while typing
- Fixed issue with blue teams' ship type going off-screen in spectator if ship's name is long
- Fixed issue with player leave/join status reporting in global chat
- Fixed positioning of yes/no confirmations
- Fixed positioning of character models in character preview
- Changed wording of practice loading
- Fixed misplaced button when choosing practice/form crew at main menu
- Fixed invisible collider in Canyon Ambush
- Fixed issue of missing buttons when clicking too fast
- Fixed issue of buttons not being properly blocked by profile popup
- Fixed issue with clouds being invisible under Shader Model 2
- Gun notes now have arming time info
- Notification added when failing to join a friend
- Female Skyrider goggle now matches its equipped position
- Fixed issue with spawning off ship
- Fixed issue with player titles not matching their class
- Fixed issue with Artemis missile display
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:12:16 am by Grixis »

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3.6 Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:26:14 am »
- Flamethrower: Fixed major hit detection bug so flames actually hit reliably now, AoE Radius 6m (from 10), 1.6 Direct Fire Damage with 27.4% of igniting 1 fire stack (remember that flamethrower always has 6m AoE Radius even without AoE damage)
And there was much rejoicing among the people, for they were happy.

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:58:28 am »
Fire is doing far too much damage. Suggestion: Reduce clip size, lower damage to 1 and reduce fire chance to 10%

Hit markers are disappearing mid game as is component destruction notification ticker - You were informed of this in Dev App.

Ability for Red Team to make their  balloon look blue and vice versa via ship customization.. could be that brown/green are too red/blue.

All in all, these were things you were told about by testers in the Dev App forum - We told you so. If you push a patch out without listening to your testers then what is the point in Dev app?

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 09:13:13 am »

I cannot see this in the store.  Is it in the patch?

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:21 am »
Lets not be Flamey torwards them.

The flamer is the only problematic thing as of now.

If we are going to go with the damage output of the flamer, i still suggest a 50% reduction on clip size, and 100 increase or 150% on the reload.
I actualy like how fire can put stacks like this, but the damage is where things get very hectic. 20Stacks should be enough to molest any component without any further damage. That said, im seeing the flamer more as a close range artemis with only using fire stacks in mind. (Or mostly using fire stacks).
In combination with other guns, you have the tool to harras a ship to its core. Gat Flamer is then a good combo versus hull, Carronade flamer versus baloon and etc. Right now, the flamer on itself or doubled is super duper depressing to be hit my. The damage to me is what does it. The stacks are much more Fire extingushery than Chemmy, which is cool but the damage is just way out to strong.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:16:30 am »
I'm fairly sure we can rename patch 1.3.6 as the Cake patch...

"Trial by Cakeamidion" is now a thing... (Dual front flamer = Glorious.)

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:42:54 am »
Lets not be Flamey torwards them.

The flamer is the only problematic thing as of now.

If we are going to go with the damage output of the flamer, i still suggest a 50% reduction on clip size, and 100 increase or 150% on the reload.
I actualy like how fire can put stacks like this, but the damage is where things get very hectic. 20Stacks should be enough to molest any component without any further damage. That said, im seeing the flamer more as a close range artemis with only using fire stacks in mind. (Or mostly using fire stacks).
In combination with other guns, you have the tool to harras a ship to its core. Gat Flamer is then a good combo versus hull, Carronade flamer versus baloon and etc. Right now, the flamer on itself or doubled is super duper depressing to be hit my. The damage to me is what does it. The stacks are much more Fire extingushery than Chemmy, which is cool but the damage is just way out to strong.

(heh pun)

I think you better off with a mortar + flamer.. or just.. you know.. double flamer.

I'm fairly sure we can rename patch 1.3.6 as the Cake patch...

"Trial by Cakeamidion" is now a thing... (Dual front flamer = Glorious.)

Totally a Cake patch!

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 10:54:54 am »
Contents: 

This is missing from the store, I can't find it.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 03:28:16 pm »
I am waiting for the Swallow's video commentary of the patch notes. Is he still doing those?

Offline FluffyHetsche

• Salutes: 4
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »
I noticed (and I know it was mentioned in Dev App before) that the ship flags should be a more vibrant colour. I have no kind of colour vision deficiency and even for me it's hard to distinguish them at times. Especially the red looks really brownish. It's even worse when a ship is dyed the colour of the enemy team, which makes it all the more confusing. That should just not be allowed in my opinion and others have brought this up in dev app before as well.

In the screen you get when changing your loadout and looking at other ships the colours are also extremely washed out, like there's some kind of sepia filter on it. That makes it impossible to see what a dye really looks like on a ship.

I also think the thumbs up option for the clans is a good idea, but problematic. Clans with a higher number of members can easily stay at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:40:43 pm by FluffyHetsche »