Author Topic: information for livestream  (Read 22096 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
information for livestream
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:50:45 am »
so after watching the match between corvus marauders and the paddling.
I took note in qwerty saying something like: "a lot of new names", referring to the new players participating in competitive play.

so here's a little information about the corvus marauders you can read up, a commentator should be informed of whats going on :)

The corvus marauders is a team serving under the Crows, we are currently trying to get more teams up.
The corvus marauders is not the prime team of our clan, the other captains are gathering crew, just as experienced and skilled as everyone serving under me and aquamac.

So as Swallow said on the stream, we are mostly old kings gambit players, but we wanted to be more team based, so we created the murder of crows.
the corvus marauders team consists of 2 captains who have flown together for around a month now:
Skrimskraw and aquamac. - both was in kings gambit.

aquamac tends to have all the ideas.

Skrimskraws crew (the Hacov crew):
Mattilald - was in kings gambit, is my hull engineer and my firstmate, he is in control of giving me information while I talk with aquamac.
Natar - was in kings gambit, is my secondary engineer, is very quiet only speaks when he sees someone or has an idea.
Vetta - was recruited by me while i was in kings gambit, is my gunner and practically never speaks, he is very silent :P

aquamacs crew (the cold war crew): (fun fact his crew consist of 2 russians, and 2 americans hence the crew name)
CFG - was in kings gambit, is the secondary engineer and also a firm gunner.
Zitruskiller- was recruited by aquamac is the only team member who wasnt a part of the kings gambit,  is the main engineer.
Grayknight - was in kings gambit, is the gunner of the ship - also a very talkative man who has a lot of ideas.

also you saw Twinkie and Urz stepping in for vetta and zitruskiller last cogs match, they both had internet problems.
Twinkie used to be in SMAC, but joined up with us, and is stationed on captain phoenix' crew
Urz was in kings gambit, now with us and our webmaster working on our webpage. he is stationed on Vatic's upcoming crew.

Just a little information about corvus marauders :)

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: information for livestream
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:14:05 pm »
Hey Skrim,

This is GREAT GREAT GREAT. Thanks for this it will be immensley helpfull and will be added to the next stream :D
Again thanks for this, it would be great if the other teams could do this for me (Hint Hint)

Cheers,

Qwerty

Offline Clarkeh

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »
Don't know a whole lot about The Pastafarians myself joined up with them a few weeks ago, what i would like corrected though is my National Flag it should be the Welsh Flag and not United Kingdom flag :p

(accidentally hit modify instead of quote, carry on) -LDT
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:33:01 am by Lord Dick Tim »

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 02:32:39 am »
Just a small correction. Our clan name officially is "Murder of Crows" which essentially means flock of crows if you have never heard the term. Being called the crows is fine too, just wanted to add the official title of our clan.

If you have any knowledge of what happens when a flock of crows gathers than you would understand why they call them a murder of crows. They tend to team up to defend or go up against other animals, including cats, hawks, eagles, ducks, owls, humans, i think pretty much anything that they view as a threat or to eat. They are very sociable, curious, and can mimic sounds like parrots, including human speech. They are also considered one of the most intelligent animals on earth, smarter than the great apes. They are the only animal that has been studied to make a habit of making tools, such as bending wires into hooks to get food. They can count, and have face recognition. They are a force to be reckoned with, and I can only hope we make deserving of our title. :P

Hope that gives you a little more ammunition for your broadcast. Fine job by the way by you and Swallow.

My normal gunner, whom was engie just to help buff his gun and stuff, will be absent on Saturdays during Cogs the next coupla weeks. I am pretty sure that PhatGuySebb may be my stand in, but I will officially confirm it when I know for sure.
 Thanks

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:14 am »
I think the Welsh dragon flag might be too awesome to reveal to the larger world.  I'd be to scared to fight anyone who flew that over their ship.

Offline Capt. Falco

• Salutes: 5
    • [PaFa]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 10:28:55 am »
Ahoy swabbies!

Here ye 'ave some information about th' Pastafarians.

Lore

Th' Pastafarians are a ragtag band o' pirates 'n privateers roamin' th' skies in search o' easy plunder 'n bounty.
We take orders from no one except fer his Holy Noodliness, Th' Mighty Flyin' Spaghetti Monster!
We all come from different backgrounds but felt thar was somethin' missin' in our lives.
That’s why we took t' piratin' in honor o' th' real pirates who we consider as divine bein's!
Anyone be welcome t' join as long as they accept his Holy Noodliness into thar lives.

Th' foundin' fathers

Enough wit' th' lore! Our clan came t' live when one o' our crew, Owk, gave th' idea fer our name.
We’ve always had some affinity wit' pirates 'n aft doin' some research, we agreed this would be our new clan name.
Th' foundin' hands o' th' clan are Zwaene, Owk 'n Capt. Falco.
 Friends in real life, or so I would like t' believe, who were interested in lootin' this game t' a new level.

Meet th' crew

Although we’re relatively wee, a thin' we hope t' improve later on, th' crew consists o' Guns o' Icarus enthusiasts picked up by th' captains.
We looked fer social 'n active hands o' th' community 'n we believe we did jus' that.

Ship 1 (The Götterdammerung)
Pilot: Zwaene
Engineer: Clarkeh, a proud Welshman ;)
Gunner: Owk
Float: Candlehax
Ship 2 (The Nautilus)
Pilot: Capt. Falco
Engineer: Not fixed yet. Honorable mentions: Yorozuya 'n Grantthefunnyguy
Gunner: Gorath
Float: Stainock

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:45:10 pm »
Since we've signed up now, I'm pretty sure that we'll allocate the roles like this:

The Raft

Ship 1

Pilot: Hizumi
Gunner: JaceBoojah
Engineer: Valkor
Engineer: N-Sunderland

Ship 2

Pilot: Ccrack
Gunner: Charon
Engineer: Shukketsushi
Engineer: Grimes Ace Finnerty

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »
Hold that thought Sunderland, Hizumi and CCrack really need to work that stuff out before anything gets posted.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:07 pm »
Hold that thought Sunderland, Hizumi and CCrack really need to work that stuff out before anything gets posted.

I said "pretty sure". I'm just giving a general idea.

Offline AquaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 09:26:30 pm »
The premiere of the "Murder of Crows" music video. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbAP5qh5rJQ

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »
Damn, well done sir. I salute thee.

Offline AquaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 12:40:30 am »
Thank you Captain Smollett, I appreciate it. :)

Nothing wrong with some friendly taunting. :P

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 06:30:28 am »
The premiere of the "Murder of Crows" music video. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbAP5qh5rJQ
this is so american ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:40:59 am by N-Sunderland »

Offline Clarkeh

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 08:07:14 pm »
I think the Welsh dragon flag might be too awesome to reveal to the larger world.  I'd be to scared to fight anyone who flew that over their ship.

The world needs to learn to fear the welsh dragon and if i could i would slap my national flag over my balloon in a heartbeat XD

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:58 pm »
The world needs to learn to fear the welsh dragon and if i could i would slap my national flag over my balloon in a heartbeat XD

Hey, you have a dragon. I have a leaf. I'll have a hard time making people scared.