Author Topic: 1.3.7 Novice Loadouts  (Read 3883 times)

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
1.3.7 Novice Loadouts
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:37:33 am »
It looks like this is still an ongoing process...

Pyra A:
Front Gat/Flak
Side Hades/Mercury

Well if you wanna hold on to the Gat/Flak that much, *shrugs.* Even so, please change the side Hades/Mercury into either a close range combo (Gat/Mortar, Carronade/Banshee), or a long range combo (Mercury/Artemis). If the aim was to make the side of this ship a mid or long range armor-piercing support side, then use double Hades or double Mercury. Having both at the same time is quite redundant.
==================

Pyra B:
Front Gat/Mortar
Side Carronade/Banshee

This is OK! Although why this loadout is now the Pyra B, not the Pyra A, and therefore breaking the previous convention of having the A loadouts be the closest ranged loadouts, I don't know.
==================

Pyra C:
Front Mercury/Flak
Side Artemis/Flamethrower

Why this does not have Mercury/Artemis on the front, despite being the "long-ranged" (really this is more like medium range because of the light flak, and therefore overlaps with Pyra B) Pyra loadout, I am not sure. Hell, why has the Mercury/Artemis combo been banished entirely from the Junker loadouts as well? I guess sniping is now impossible in newbie matches, save for the Lumberfish in Goldfish B.
==================

Goldfish A
Front Heavy Carronade
Right Side Gatling
Left Side Light Carronade

I see the redundant light carronade is still there on the left side, and the right side is still the Gatling, instead of the much better fitting explosive Banshee. As mentioned by Wundsalz multiple times before, this loadout lacks explosive damage on the side guns.
==================

Goldfish B
Front Lumberjack
Right Side Mortar
Left Side Light Carronade

OK
==================

Goldfish C
Front Hwacha
Right Side Flamethrower
Left Side Gatling

OK, although I thought flamethrowers were discouraged from being used in newbie matches? I'd argue that having the flamethrower on the right side of a Goldfish (due to its ease of access by engineers) makes it a main weapon as opposed to a backup or support weapon.

Junker A
Front Artemis
Left Side Mercury/Flak, with the Mercury on the top deck
Right Side Gatling/Flak, with the Flak on the top deck

Please please please put the Explosive guns on the top deck and the armor Piercing guns on the bottom deck!!!!!! Also, both a Gat/Flak AND a Merc/Flak on the same ship, kill me now  >:( What happened to the Mercury/Artemis? Are sniping guns really that bad for novice matches?

Junker B
Front Artemis
Both sides Gat/Mortar, with the Gatlings on the TOP DECK

OH FOR THE LOVE OF-

This is fine, though I would recommend the Gatling to be on the bottom deck instead of the Mortar. Could use a Flare on the front, but using Flares at all is up to you.

- On junkers, place the hull strippers on the lower deck and explosive weapons on the upper deck! Reasoning (as stated by many players in verious forum threads): There is more stuff to repair on the junkers upper deck than on the lower deck, which results in the upper deck crew to be distracted from shooting by repair-duties more often than the crew on the lower deck. hull strippers need to be operated continously - most explosive weapons don't. Hence whoever is on the lower deck has got more time to shoot and as hull strippers need to be shot more frequently they should be placed on the lower deck.

-snip-

Also: The gatling gun is a hull stripper and should be placed on the lower deck.

Junker B:
Hull strippers (like gat, merc or hades) should be placed on the lower deck. Always. Do so please!

-snip-

Junker C:
Hull strippers (like gat, merc or hades) should be placed on the lower deck. Always. Do so please!

-snip-
Junker A:

Gat/mortar sides, with the gatlings on the top deck and the mortar on the lower deck.
Gatling at the front.

(Recommend mortars to be swapped to the top with gatlings on the bottom. Otherwise it's probably fine)

-snip

Junker C:
-snip-

(Recommend explosive guns be on the top deck and the gatlings on the lower deck.)

Recommendations for having Piercing guns on the bottom deck and Explosive guns on the top deck have been made since June 21 and repeated throughout the next couple of weeks, with further repetition and emphasis in the 1.3.7 Dev App novice loadouts discussion thread. To any Muse staff reading this, please explain/justify why the novice loadouts continue to/should have Explosive guns on the lower deck.
==================

Now back on topic:

Junker C
Front Gatling
Left Side Carronade/Flamer, with the Carronade on the top deck
Right Side Gatling/Banshee, with on the lower deck.

OK
==================

So I take it that:

No Hades as a main gun
No Hades/Flak as main gun combos
No Mercury/Artemis, or otherwise any kind of sniping combo
No utility guns

Are these restrictions final?

EDIT: Well, at least they work. Good work on pushing these out before the you know what time Muse!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:05:06 am by vyew »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.7 Novice Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:18:00 am »
In novice matches you can only play 3 ships and you can't even change the loadout of those. You can only play a few deathmatch maps, but neither koth nor crazy king.

I am generally against any kind of these reszrictions, since I don't think I would have continued playing under these restrictions.

How can new players learn gamemodes, ships and guns, if they can't even use or play them.

These loadouts don't look as fun.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:19:46 am by Dementio »

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.7 Novice Loadouts
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:05:20 am »
I somewhat agree with Dementio here, in that the guns used by this are less than 50% of the available guns.

I also understand the intention though - give novices setups that we know work and teach them the basics of good gun combos.

However, I propose the following setup of loadouts:

A should be close range brawler
B should be mid/long range sniper
C should be an interesting utility build - either with full disables and less sheer killing power, or using some of the more nonstandard weapons such as mine launcher.