Author Topic: Broken Achievements  (Read 7375 times)

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Broken Achievements
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:38:37 am »
As I can't find the old thread on this matter I'll just start a new one. Feel free to point out problems with achievements here.

I've just checked out my gunners progress (which I don't really care about) and stumbled upon this little gem:

Support 5 - "Workshopping":
"Rebuild 100 parts with a spanner"

Frankly I've got a hard time to think about any viable situation where one might possibly want to bring a spanner as a gunner- it just doesn't make sense. As a gunner you usually want to be able to maintain your gun on your own somehow and the spanner just doesn't provide the necessary repair power to quickly whack it once and focus on killing stuff again. The wrench is by far the best repair tool for gunners, as it's capable to almost completely repair light guns with a single hit while providing 80% of the spanners rebuild power.
Please change the tool for the achievement to a wrench. I've seen quite some lvl 7ish gunners with a spanner lately, which gives me a headache as a pilot.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Broken Achievements
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:38:11 am »
By broken achievements, do you mean achievements are broken?

Your problem is that the achievements force players to perform poorly, and make the effeciancy in a ship bad.
Which is true!

My problem is, i still have an achievement on a set of achievement, not yett achieved for a very very long time.

Just look here https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3331.0.html

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:08:22 am »
It's not always bad, especially if the enemy has a lot of disable. They won't be able to top off the tool as fast, but it will be functional a decent amount of time sooner. Although personally I'm a fairly easy going pilot/captain. I'll give them a recommended loadout, but if they choose not to go with it I'll still fly (most of the time). As long as they're not bringing a mallet, I can live with it.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:19:55 am »
I'm sorry for my poor wording in the op. I'd like to collect achievements here which need muses attention for whatever reason - bugs and improper tasks alike.
As for the map achievements: I agree that many of them are rather tedious and I think they bottleneck the progress for many players.

Here are two more achievements which should be altered:

Pilot Mastery 9 - Sight Lines
spot 50 ships at a distance greater than 1000m while unspotted

Pilot Mastery 10 - Joygliding
spent 900 seconds using helm skills.

I think I needed two evenings to get these two. That didn't feel quite right after I've spent weeks to get the achievements prior to them.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:29:51 am »
Those really depend on your playstyle. My engineers -hate- me, as I'm almost always using a helm skill (Does range finder count I wonder? You can use it on the helm... ). Although that comes out to about 15 minutes total of helm skills. Lots and lots of kerosene and phoenix claw. Maybe a little helium and shoot vent just to round it out. If you're more the slow and steady type, just use something like bumpers or drogue chute until it's time to engage. It lowers performance, but doesn't damage the ship like a lot of other skills.

For spotting ships, 1000 meters is pretty standard on some maps for initial spots. You just have to rely on your crew to spot them before they spot you. Although I can see it taking a long time, as you're not likely to get more than a couple of those per map.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 11:46:57 am »
A couple of engineer achievements to note.

For the point of collecting them here, described in another thread the Chem Spray achievements reward putting out fires rather than preventing them which is not encouraging the correct use of chem spray.

The final engineer achievement for 'Mastery':

Savior of the Skies
Repair 3000 parts

This one sounds like a grind because of the high number 3000.  It's not though as any hit with a spanner will progress this achievement.  You can get this achievement within a handful of matches which seems silly for the last 'Mastery' achievement.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 03:58:55 pm »
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3344.0.html

For people having issues with achievements, you should check out this group. The more the merrier.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 04:48:29 pm »
I'm sorry for my poor wording in the op. I'd like to collect achievements here which need muses attention for whatever reason - bugs and improper tasks alike.
As for the map achievements: I agree that many of them are rather tedious and I think they bottleneck the progress for many players.

I think I needed two evenings to get these two. That didn't feel quite right after I've spent weeks to get the achievements prior to them.

For joygliding, just go into an empty match, turn on impact bumpers, put something heavy on the 'ascend ship' button, and go get some food or whatever.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 12:17:06 am »

For joygliding, just go into an empty match, turn on impact bumpers, put something heavy on the 'ascend ship' button, and go get some food or whatever.

For Sight Lines take a spyglass to fjords start the game look forwards and spot the ships directly in-front of you.