Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Online on the Humble Store  (Read 9165 times)

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Guns of Icarus Online on the Humble Store
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:27:09 pm »
Guns of Icarus will be on sale and featured at the Humble Store January 31st to February 3rd. We're going to do our best to get the word out because the better we do in the store, the more likely we'll be in a humble bundle! This would mean many new players to blow out of the sky and more support we can put into the game.

We would love your help getting the word out making sure everyone knows the newest and most exciting place to get Guns of Icarus Online!

You can find us here.

Offline Jereven

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus Online on the Humble Store
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:34:26 pm »
Ooh, I'd love it so much if this game made it into a humble bundle.  All other issues aside, I think the biggest issue the game has overall is low population. 

Of course, I'd be concerned with the impact that influx might have on the community... but maybe the existing community can encourage it.

I didn't see anywhere an option to grab the collector's edition -- might there be a way to upgrade to it in the future for those that buy it this way?

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:53:06 pm »
Of course, I'd be concerned with the impact that influx might have on the community... but maybe the existing community can encourage it.

We've weathered large surges in the playerbase before during previous sales...we'll survive this one as well.

As for encouraging new players: our community is great at that. One of the nicest things about this community, actually. I know I'll be trying to schedule some time during that week to run some training games with the newer players and get them acclimated to the game.  :D

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »
Wow that's awesome.  Does this mean we are going to get players that don't have steam accounts (i.e. "DRM Free" downloads)?

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:28:59 am »
Ooh cool! So much fresh meat if GoIO got into a humble bundle >:D and I can actually use my blog for something now

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:47:03 am »
Ooh cool! So much fresh meat if GoIO got into a humble bundle >:D and I can actually use my blog for something now
cheesy blog.
Day one after humble bundle:
Alot of new players have joined GoIo today. Can't decide which match I should pubstomp. Seeing the community grow is an amazing sight. I helped alot of people today. I feel the urge to massacre all the annoying CoD kids, they troll too much and I don't like ther attitude. I want to serve justice and show them their place, but I'm a CA and need to be helpfull and friendly.

Day two after humble bundle:
Yesterday was fun, I heard lots of kids rage and scream against me as I squished the life out of their ships. I somehow started enjoying hearing the screams of others as they fail to kill me. Their pain and suffering started to feed me pleasure and joy. Never before I had this feeling, it feels so good I just can't stop.

Day three after humble bundle:
Now there are less players online on GoIo. Less games to join and this feeling I had yesterday starts to fade. It drives me crazy, I want that feeling to return, I want to feel great again. I can not lose this amazing feeling. In desperation I started to join random lobbies and try my best, but it isn't the same. It isn't the same thing as yesterday, it doesn't bring me the intense pleasure I felt that day. It does give me some pleasure but not as strong as it was as yesterday. I feel each game I play gives me gradually less pleasure. I started to get slightly scared that I can't get that same feeling back again. Hopefully tommorrow will be better, maybe I'm just tired.

Day four after humble bundle:
The feeling I had two days ago is almost gone, it's litterally driving me crazy. I found my passion but now it's slowly leaving my body, I can't believe that this is actually happenning. Why can't I get that feeling anymore, how do I get it back. I see that half of the new players have left GoIo because I pubstomped too much. In desperation I started joining matches with higher experienced people to maybe find that feeling again. The feeling didn't return after winning against Muse. Tommorow I'll try something more difficult, something that will give me back the feeling I had two days ago. I want to have it back, I want to feel it again.

Day five after humble bundle:
The game is comletely deserted, only experienced players remain. Not knowing why I joined a match with veteran players. The hunger for that special feeling drives me crazy and I get more desperate with each passing second. I.. I can't believe I actually lost against the veterans, I am the most powerfull, I can't lose. Why did I lose? How did this happen? Anger fills my body, I feel it burn inside. I still can't figure out why I lost for the first time in four days, my mind is playing tricks on me. That feeling of three days ago is now completly gone and I can't seem to get it back. How did this happen. Where did I go wrong?

Written by: Coldcurse.
Inspired by: Coldcurse's insane mind.