Author Topic: Girls of Icarus Online  (Read 52103 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Girls of Icarus Online
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 07:40:33 am »
Group can still have a tag if they want. Been more events now too which allow teams to use unique tags outside of clans. Heck Aerodrome was engineered to be that way from the start so clan tag, group tag, no problem.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 08:12:33 am »
good winds girls, looking forward to playing you in events.

Offline B'Elanna

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 82
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 11:14:42 am »
Dear Men
This is a sign up sheet for a group of girl gamers because they are hard to find on a casual level!
I don't know what you feel excluded from, nor could I give less of a crumble.
Now please. If you think it's necessary to have a discussion about sexism with me, write an e-mail to mensrightactivists@hurtfeelings.com
Already there are more comments of men discussing weather or not this group is to their liking, than women who we dedicated this group to.
This group is ALREADY happening. End of discussion.

Please leave a comment if you are interested in joining :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:23:16 am by B'Elanna »

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 12:51:44 pm »
This is not a thread to discuss sexism.  This is a call to players who would like to play together.  In this case, it is a call to female gamers who want to play together.

Show your support (no matter what sex you identify with), sign up with them, make friends.  This is all acceptable behavior in this thread.  Please keep the discussion focused to the topic at hand. 

If you have problems about this group existing, don't discuss it here in this thread, do it in your own time and outside of Guns.  Muse does not discriminate and we do not tolerate inappropriate behavior (bigotry, sexism, bullying, just to name a few).  In fact, this is a great initiative since it's promoting groups of people making friends.  We're all about making friends.  Never impede on someone's ability to make friends.  Please think twice about posting your comments here.

When in doubt, don't post at all.

Thank you

Offline Shadak Shademore

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 17
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »
I'm in when I'm round :)

Offline C. Darwin

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »
I'm also in! This should be fun.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 03:09:06 pm »
:) You have already 11 members.

There will be more but i hope more people will support you to help.

I saw you were wondering about a tag? What about [Lady], [GRLS] or [FEMs] ?

:-\
I think they said it isn't going to be a clan, just a group.

I read that on their steam group. about the tag. so yeah. i know.

anyways.. sorry for posting nonsense here.. i hope more clans will bring this group to their female players attention.
good luck with it.

Offline Marneous

• Salutes: 0
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 04:29:17 pm »

To all the men complaining about this group being formed, have you ever stopped to think as to why these sort of things are formed in the first place? Maybe it's because they want to get away from your toxic personality. If all us men were decent, non-creepy human beings I'm sure that these groups wouldn't be formed in the first place. Think about it, if you were a decent person, maybe women would WANT to spend time around you instead of making these groups and putting up walls, just so that they can enjoy themselves. This group being formed isn't the issue, it's you.

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »
To all the men complaining about this group being formed, have you ever stopped to think as to why these sort of things are formed in the first place? Maybe it's because they want to get away from your toxic personality. If all us men were decent, non-creepy human beings I'm sure that these groups wouldn't be formed in the first place. Think about it, if you were a decent person, maybe women would WANT to spend time around you instead of making these groups and putting up walls, just so that they can enjoy themselves. This group being formed isn't the issue, it's you.

Ok I really need to say this now or this is gonna keep happening: The posts that were deleted didn't say anything offensive against women and they didn't show any complaints against this group being made. I know, I was here to read them and reply to them. There was only one post that voiced the concern (and it seemed very legitimate to me) of this starting boys vs girls fights, but it was just an opinion and didn't say "no don't do it" it was just someone expressing a concern. I don't know why those posts were deleted and it's none of my business, but people shouldn't just assume things before talking. I guess the posts before this one made you think there were people being against this but those posts were also made after the ones I'm talking about were deleted.

I'm sorry for the rant I just think if no one makes this clear it will just keep going this way and we should seriously let this thread move on to what it was really made for.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 04:46:05 pm »
The posts i removed were sexist in nature or... requested to be removed by the person. i removed none that were voicing concern. This I promise you. As for removal of other posts I can't make a call on why they were removed as they're not here anymore for me to view.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »
@Marneous

am sure this group is for the females of the community to get to know each other have some fun meet greet and enter a tournament, i don't see this group as being anti male in anyway shape or form as for Your comment,

i have answered why the group is being formed, and the rest seems to be a rant on males for no apparent reason other to provoke a responce out of people who would disagree those derailing from topic, this thread is in the Docks for recruitment purposes,
We have established that sexism arguments and opinions on the group are to remain out of this thread so it does not get derailed from the original point, same goes to @oliver as previously discussed if anyone has any issues pm me i would be glad to talk any concerns or views you might have, but keep it out of this thread,

Thankyou

Offline Queen Chrysalis

• Salutes: 4
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 07:26:53 pm »
Really glad the ladies are willing to take in those of us transgender ladies into the group.  I've played with some of you already before, looking forward to meeting the rest.  Boy's, please take the silliness elsewhere, this is for recruitment darlin's.

Offline Akumi

• Salutes: 0
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 12:28:34 am »
Encountered a few of you and even got a link to send me here. Outside of the minor flair up that seems to happen when women want to form something, I'm in to being in a group of other females. Honestly would be a nice change of pace.  :D Had a blast with the one that sent me the link (DrPanda).

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 01:10:35 am »
Again, we try to keep things civil around and about the forums, sometimes people get a little hot head but you can't really blame them. That is unless insults are getting flung left and right, by that point someone should contact an official and get things sorted out. By the same token try not to stir up any trouble either by being overly defensive.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:15 am »
People, this is just like any other gaming group whose forming aim is to bring together people of a certain shared background (the very reason why we form such groups all the time), which, in our case, happens to be gender, but could have been anything else, like real life background, nationality, shared interests, gameplay styles, anything really. Is this thread different from other clan or group threads? Honestly, it's not. It would porbably never occur to anyone to start a discussion like the one that started here above, let's say, in a Hungarian players' group thread which I might start any day. Now this thread here is just like a future Hungarian (or any other national / interest-based / gameplay style-based / real life-based etc.) group thread.

Let's focus on recruitment and plans. I'm working on a logo for us. Any suggestions, ladies? Anyone who can draw better than I do? Cuz I have a cool idea, but can't do it alone.  :-\ Contact me if you can draw well.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:56:50 am by Andika »