Author Topic: A couple of ammo, Tools, and pilot equipment ideas.  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Tenshi Strife

• Salutes: 0
    • [Aoc]
    • View Profile
A couple of ammo, Tools, and pilot equipment ideas.
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:10:11 pm »
So I had a couple of ideas for some tools that I would not mind having and thought I would share them, keep in mind though the numbers I am putting are just examples and may not be balanced.

Ammo

Plated Rounds: -20% clip size, gun takes 50% less damage

I wanted this cause if you are fighting a ship with a good field cannon gunner or a hwacha you really get boned out of your gun constantly, the clip size reduction would mean that you would not want it all the time but if you are losing your gun constantly this may be useful.

Hot Rounds: +33% dmg, +20% velocity, -10% fire rate, each shot has a 25% chance to add a stack of fire to the gun.

this one just seemed fun, really don't think it is all that balanced

Oversized clip: +30% clip size, +30% fire rate, 50% increased spread.

spray and pray.

Tools

Impact Wrench: 15 hp per hit, 0.5 sec cooldown, 30 Hp/s repair, rebuild power 3

this is a tool for slight damage or babysitting engineers, while it does repair faster than the mallet it requires to to camp the thing you're repairing.

Fire Blanket: Extinguish power 1, 0.5 sec cooldown.

this is for removing small amounts of fire but requires you to camp a gun if it gets a lot of stacks and does not make a gun immune to fire.

Pilot Equipment

Air brake: +300% Longitudinal Drag, +50% engine thrust, 5 dps to engines.

hitting this and then throwing the ship in reverse is meant to stop you, fast. this will make it possible to stop from slamming into a wall if you can react quick enough.

thats it for now, if I think of more I will likely update this post.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of ammo, Tools, and pilot equipment ideas.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:59:30 pm »
Plated rounds, and Hot Rounds are definetly something unbalanced. Needs alot more punishment for using them than benefits.

Fire blanket seems useless. Extinguisher allready takes away  fire with relief while chemspray before hand takes away fire completely.

Air break is contradicting itself. It adds Longitudinal Drag while making engines stronger? Longitudinal drag is enough to stop a ship. Kombine that with kyrosine and you have that thrust without the longitudinal drag.

The ideas are nice, its just the stats that dont add up.
--------------------------------------------------

Ok here are my ideas.

Engineer tool- Dynabuff Wrench: Gives any component 25% more health/armor. 2Minutes on all components.

This is a defencive sister buff tool to the buff hammer. The buff hammer buffs the usability of components. But here is the greatness with its sister. On the hull itself, you can stack the buff hammer with the buff wrench. so what happens is an engineer loadout choice where they have to choose one engineer to only have buff, or both to have different buffs but then you take away the repairing power or flame repelant power. etc etc.

Pilot tool - Fog goggles!

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2876.0.html

Pilot tool - Safety hook!

Hook from place to place around your ship. Useable only until you land on something solid.
Very usefull to engineers who are on complicated ships, like the spire, Mobula or galleon. Forget those ladders, this is the quicker route.

There is also a passivity to this item where you quickly respawn back at your ship from falling if you have this on your person.

Gunner Tools - Quick starter

Hit and damage your gun with this odd tool to make it reload quicker. Make sure you repair it tho. (not really my idea)

Gunner tool - Food!

With this item out, you run 40% faster!

Pilot tool - Rocket Fueled

After 3 seconds of activitation on helm, the ship will gain 700% climb force + 80%- Vertical Drag. And destroy the baloon one second after.