Author Topic: Key Bindings!  (Read 4519 times)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Key Bindings!
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:16:44 pm »
I am curious: what do you guys use for your key bindings?
Personally, I almost always pilot, so all of my controls are based around how I interact at the helm. So...
Up/down/left/right is W/A/S/D like the standard controls.
Throttle is on the scroll wheel of my mouse: scroll forwards to throttle forwards, scroll backwards to throttle backwards. I find this to be the most awesome way of controlling throttle.
Slot 1 (slot 0 for CS people) is set to left shift. On the helm, this is normal piloting without tools. This originates from minecraft, where shift is the safe button to hold.
Slot 4, hydrogen, is my left control button. It is not the most comfortable finger stretch for my pinky, but I don't like to use hydrogen, and it is easy to just drag my pinky up from control to left shift to turn off hydrogen the moment I activate it.
Slots 2 and 3, kerosene and phoenix claw, are set to my extra mouse buttons. My mouse has 2 buttons on the side where my thumb rests. The forwards button I have set for kerosene, because forwards means go faster. The button further back is phoenix claw, just because.
I still have all the pre-set voice, chat, and map buttons. I am considering finding a better button for the map, but I am trying to keep my layout viable for playing other classes.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Key Bindings!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:51:23 pm »
Yup.  :-[