Author Topic: [Holy] The Holy Celestium Order  (Read 24369 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: [Holy] The Holy Celestium Order
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 01:02:15 pm »
Probably not. Hallelujah roughly means 'Praise our lord' (or thanks to our god, praise our god, etc ).

This is usually for monotheistic religions, where Celstium is polytheistic. Most importantly it's a fictional religion, and I'm trying as much as humanly possible to keep it differentiated from mainstream religions that actually exist.

Such as that Celestium doesn't offer salvation in the afterlife in much the same way it doesn't offer damnation either. It promotes worship of the gods, but without being extremely strict. You can worship all of them, or just a single one. Believers are encouraged to worship in their own way. Whether this is burning incense and meditating, offering thanks to your patron deity on occasion, or building a pyramid of skulls as an offering.

The varying gods govern different aspects of the world, and there are different approaches to attempting to gain their favor. One might offer a quick prayer to Tiel with the rising sun in the hope of maintaining order in their life, where a superstitious trader might rub their talisman of Mendal against another coin in the hope of making some good deals.

Ultimately there is surprisingly little structured worship, even for the same deity.

But it's mostly to avoid being associated with actual religion and religious practices. Most of that was for shameless clan promotion. I doubt we will come up with a 'clan cheer' for the start/end of matches. But we'll have to see.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 03:05:44 pm »
i understand. it was meant as a joke but still. i wish you good luck with it. it's always hard to get a clan started.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 02:28:11 pm »
Holy is now up to 7 members. Our website is fully functional and we even have our own TS now. Definitely looking for more players interested in the competitive scene, even if they're just subs (or want to get some experience in the competitive scene).

Offline Aladenovic

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 05:40:39 pm »
Hey Thomas, Aladenovic here! (Also known sometimes as Aladeen for short) ; Been looking for people to play with, and this sounds like a pretty fun idea - I already have you added to my friends list in GoIO. Not much to say, I like to have fun but can be serious when needed. I prefer to play engineer but that's just because it speaks to the heart.

-------------------------------------------------------

"The Kingdom of Aladeen" he muttered to himself. "Yeah, I like the sound of it."

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 06:34:43 pm »
Glad to have you aboard! Make sure you sign up on our forums, that also has our teamspeak info.

Offline Maggers

• [Holy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 12:20:12 pm »
Hey, I was playing with some of you in game recently and someone said to check here if we're looking to join a clan. Been running around in solo trying to learn as much as I can, yet there is only so much you can do so while playing solo, so I am looking to expand and better my game. I have been playing a week or so, try to play GMT evenings for at least a few hours a day, tend to play all the classes depending on whats needed most. Like having fun in games, but I understand team games like this can be competetive which I also enjoy  :)

Also like the idea of this clan, adds more flavour and depth to the game!

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:48 am »
Heya Maggers, glad to have you aboard, and looking forward to playing with you more. We have a lot of active members as well, and it's kind of rare to find a time when none of us are on. If you hop into the teamspeak it can make it easier to find them and in game and chat.

Offline Fear and Loathing

• [Yolo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »
Hi I am Fear and Loathing. just talk to you Thomas. I am kind of new on GOI but not on gaming since I've been gamer for quite long now. I'd love to join Holy. if anything else is need. I am all ears.

Offline Slim Definition

• Salutes: 2
    • [Holy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 06:55:06 am »
Would like some more Roleplayers to sign up though! \o/

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 11:42:04 pm »
Excellent job at the Sky League!

http://www.twitch.tv/fourthoracle/b/513374715 (skip ahead to 38:00)

Here's a video of the match, sadly there's no youtube of it.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:14 am »
Excellent job at the Sky League!

http://www.twitch.tv/fourthoracle/b/513374715 (skip ahead to 38:00)

Here's a video of the match, sadly there's no youtube of it.

That was some great flying Thomas, really fun match to watch.
Speaking of watching, your match against the Merry Men is in fact on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_saMedByHY&list=UU0WBEFjkgPu5l1dDFBrspAw

From Rome with love <3

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 04:42:26 pm »
Ah, thanks for the link. It wasn't up at the time of the posting.

Offline Celti

• Salutes: 12
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »

(by AoiFox)

Wanted to post our other logo, as it was not here.  :)

Offline Allons-GER

• Salutes: 4
    • [HRE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profil
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 01:44:01 am »
Hi all,

i recently played with Celti & HaZ-MiDNight and judging from their voices and gentle behaviour this clan really seems to be heaven on earth for all those seeking ingame comradeship, expertise & unobstrusive tips & tricks. High commendation & would like to be introduced to other players of the Holy Celestium. Feel free to add me, Allons-GER. (Also have a look at my Steam profile if you want.

Best from Berlin, Allons!

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 11:24:41 am »
Glad to have you aboard Allons!