Author Topic: Side Note: You know.. I'd like to apologize..  (Read 11061 times)

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Side Note: You know.. I'd like to apologize..
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:50:53 pm »
I must admit, I was one of those people totally absolutely 100% against scrambling.. I'm not one to want to make things easy on new people, only because I'm not one to want to make things easy on myself. I enjoy chaos, confusion, tough learning curbs, and heartache simply because the steeper the learning curb is, the faster you learn and I like to learn fast and decisively.

...But I must say that scrambling has made skirmish mode so much more interesting.. Lobbies fill up quicker because the newcomers don't suspect a pubstomping every match. Fighting with your friends one match and then against your friends the next match gets very interesting.

Not to mention scrambling was introduced along side slot swapping which is so very convenient, but most of all they made scrambling optional, which helped me realize how truly considerate they are as a gaming company.

Long story short, I <3 Muse. (Muse is also my favorite musical group)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Side Note: You know.. I'd like to apologize..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 07:57:48 am »
<3, certainly seem to make lesser experienced players stay in the game and work with the more experienced captains.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03:37 am »
Now we don't have to feel awkward when you're on the same team as a bounty and you switch over to the enemy team just to kill them :D. Though I haven't done much bounty hunting lately

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:49 am »
I've been slightly drawn towards the opposing side before the system was introduced, but really like it now as well.
Good call, muse!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:14:28 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 09:52:52 pm »
Yeah its been generally good. I wasn't totally against it. I just wanted non private matches to have the option of enabling it or not. Which I'm glad they did. But one problem now is players shy away from non scrambled. So when you want to fly with another captain, you'll often times have to make a scrambled match and then just keep requesting to swap and hope the other player is nice enough to do so.

Players are very aware of levels too. Its like the scrambling is forcing them to play with others more so they are prone to trying more lobbies rather than simpler ones. Had a few more recently enter lobby and say "F**k a 14!" then leave. It affects lobby formation because they quickly want to find another match rather than play with or against an experienced player.

May be time to do the next overhaul. The leveling system. Remove the numbers and go to something different. One idea, similar to SFIV or Playstation Allstars where you have icons and title nameplates which would unlock. Similar way to how the level system works now, cept graphical based instead of number. Would transfer over to competitive scene because special ones could be crafted for the events.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:01:42 am »
Although I prefer to fly with a teammate that actually knows what they're doing (and has a mic or communicates), I prefer to scramble so matches aren't completely biased.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:11:47 am »
It gives players an equal chance of winning as teams get scrambled.
Just only pubstomping isn't fun.
If your teammate does not respond or communicate, then try to help as he does stupid things. Let him be the bait as you slaughter all the enemy as their guns are not pointed at you.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:13:47 am »
I am in no way an amazing player, but playing with noobs is both fun for me and them because the entire game isn't just a pub stomping match between me and another decent captain. I think that auto scramble is a good way to demenstrate how a good team wins easily, then you can play with the newer players and tell them how you won and how they can win with an experienced team mate

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:22:00 am »
I am in no way an amazing player, but playing with noobs is both fun for me and them because the entire game isn't just a pub stomping match between me and another decent captain. I think that auto scramble is a good way to demenstrate how a good team wins easily, then you can play with the newer players and tell them how you won and how they can win with an experienced team mate
thats also an option...

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:36:18 am »
If your teammate does not respond or communicate, then try to help as he does stupid things. Let him be the bait as you slaughter all the enemy as their guns are not pointed at you.
This is like, 90% of my pub strategy. Every time I start a match I hop on captain chat and say "You take the lead buddy. I'll follow you and support you, so go ahead and go wherever you want." Then I jump out from behind them and rain death upon our enemies.  :D

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:16:10 am »
This is like, 90% of my pub strategy. Every time I start a match I hop on captain chat and say "You take the lead buddy. I'll follow you and support you, so go ahead and go wherever you want." Then I jump out from behind them and rain death upon our enemies.  :D
I most of the time help my teammate but if he is just playing like a berserk then i'll use him as bait. Sorry but if you keep flying straight towards to the enemy then I have no other choice then to use your distractions as my advantage to strike down my foes.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 11:51:16 am »
Players are very aware of levels too. Its like the scrambling is forcing them to play with others more so they are prone to trying more lobbies rather than simpler ones. Had a few more recently enter lobby and say "F**k a 14!" then leave. It affects lobby formation because they quickly want to find another match rather than play with or against an experienced player.

May be time to do the next overhaul. The leveling system. Remove the numbers and go to something different. One idea, similar to SFIV or Playstation Allstars where you have icons and title nameplates which would unlock. Similar way to how the level system works now, cept graphical based instead of number. Would transfer over to competitive scene because special ones could be crafted for the events.

i'm pretty sure we already have a badge system, with special badges for bounties.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 12:32:34 pm »

i'm pretty sure we already have a badge system, with special badges for bounties.

Not what I was talking about. Look at the system in place for those two games and you'll see. They have leveling systems but its all graphical and you aren't presented with numbers, just unlocks that make your name stand out more.