Author Topic: Debate of everything and nothing  (Read 69506 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Debate of everything and nothing
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:43 am »
rules:
-There are no rules in this debate but try to keep it kinda reasonable.
-The debate can go about everything.

Subject:
Heavy FlareGun

Argument:
We already have alot of things made into a heavy weapon.
What we do miss is a heavy weapon that shines light and does flame damage at the same time.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Debate of everything and nothing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:12:35 am »
I do declare that we DO need this flare gun! It should just look like 5 and a half light flare guns stuck together and deal 617% more damage, add 213% more fire stacks, 81% clip increase, be immune to chem spray effects and have a 132% firing rate increase! (These stats have been extensively tested by myself to ensure balancing)
We will balance all of the above by having it only reveal ship silhouettes in a 3 meter radius around it. This will ensure the weapon is perfectly balanced.

I rest my case.

*Is the entire debate supposed to be about a heavy flare gun, or are we supposed to make up another debate? I'm confused*

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 07:32:11 am »
*Is the entire debate supposed to be about a heavy flare gun, or are we supposed to make up another debate? I'm confused*
I think i was better off making this the silly objection game i guess...

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:20 am »
Heavy flare guns are redundant, put lesmok in a normal flare and boom! You've got long range. What we really need is something made to do fire damage at long range, like and an incendiary grenade launcher ya?

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:43 am »
well the grenade launcher shoots to fast for a flare gun.
think of the size of a lumberjack and shooting 1 flare the size of a bowlingball every 5 seconds.
flame stack would be 30 if you hit a ship.
blind people if it pops in front of their faces.

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »
well the grenade launcher shoots to fast for a flare gun.
think of the size of a lumberjack and shooting 1 flare the size of a bowlingball every 5 seconds.
flame stack would be 30 if you hit a ship.
blind people if it pops in front of their faces.

I second this motion, it would be hilarious if the captain just randomly saw people jumping off the ship and they were like "sorry capt, we didn't want to be blind" OR "sorry capt we were blind".

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 12:16:59 pm »
I object to the esteemed Captain Coldcurse's suggestion of including flash bang grenades in this game. The ability to attack the enemy crew directly is antithesis to the ship vs ship nature of this game. The mechanics of the game do not allow the players to attack each other directly. Thus we feel little ire to our fellow sailor.

Including a means to attack the crew if the ship would lessen the camaraderie and good feeling that this community is based on. Even if something so benign as a 3 second blinding were to be implemented, it would put us on a slippery slope that would lead to boarding enemy ships and ultimately tea-bagging the corpses of our fall foes.

On the topic of tea-bagging. I suggest new character animations be added to this game that can be invoked by keyboard shortcuts. Specifically a pelvic thrust/twerking character animation that can be used to taunt opponents, distract crew, and dry hump the guns.

Edit Oliver Colt beat me to the response, but I am responding anyway damn it.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 08:58:22 pm »
Keyboard shortcut emotions would be a detriment to our community.

With the upcoming PS4 support, all console players would feel vastly inferior not being able to make sweet-sweet love to a heavy flamer.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:54 am »
I object to the esteemed Captain Coldcurse's suggestion of including flash bang grenades in this game. The ability to attack the enemy crew directly is antithesis to the ship vs ship nature of this game. The mechanics of the game do not allow the players to attack each other directly. Thus we feel little ire to our fellow sailor.

Including a means to attack the crew if the ship would lessen the camaraderie and good feeling that this community is based on. Even if something so benign as a 3 second blinding were to be implemented, it would put us on a slippery slope that would lead to boarding enemy ships and ultimately tea-bagging the corpses of our fall foes.

On the topic of tea-bagging. I suggest new character animations be added to this game that can be invoked by keyboard shortcuts. Specifically a pelvic thrust/twerking character animation that can be used to taunt opponents, distract crew, and dry hump the guns.

Everything you just said will be ripped out of this thread because it makes too much logical sense and you seem to have forgotten that we are in the pit. Except for the animations because those are awesome.

Offline Oliver Colt

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 12:33:40 pm »

Everything you just said will be ripped out of this thread because it makes too much logical sense and you seem to have forgotten that we are in the pit. Except for the animations because those are awesome.

Yeah, the animations are a great idea! I wanna hump my capt when he's distracted. Who doesn't want that, right? [*big smile*]

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 03:03:02 am »

Yeah, the animations are a great idea! I wanna hump my capt when he's distracted. Who doesn't want that, right? [*big smile*]
Objection, maybe the captain you are speaking of is only Senpai.

Offline Oliver Colt

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:27:36 pm »

Senpai is love. Senpai is life.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:45 am »

Objection, Senpai means tolerance and wisdom. A senpai does not represent life. I find your conclusions onesided and not neutral for further use as the jury decides if they believe it or not. :P

Offline Oliver Colt

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 01:13:25 pm »

Objection, Senpai means tolerance and wisdom. A senpai does not represent life. I find your conclusions onesided and not neutral for further use as the jury decides if they believe it or not. :P
Okay then.

BrdLine is love. BdrLine is life.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »
Okay then.

BrdLine is love. BdrLine is life.

BdrLine is a high priest of the Bacon cult, and as such is merely a conduit to the true source of love and live: Bacon. Until BdrLine actually becomes Bacon, is beautified as a saint of Bacon, or both, it is heretical to worship him directly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:56:23 pm by HamsterIV »