Author Topic: COGS Season Three, REBIRTH  (Read 44499 times)

Offline Letonator

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
COGS Season Three, REBIRTH
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:41:24 pm »
The COGS tournament is nearly upon us, but because of challenges in organize has been repeatedly set back. With the unfortunate disappearance of Qwerty, we're moving forward with COGS S3 as a group effort, with many clans already eagerly participating in the production and prep-work associated with getting ready for an event of this size.

Season Three of the COGS tournament is going to start in just a week and a half (January 25th), a week later than originally planned but with good reason. We're going to be using all the previous rules and information ( https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2502.0.html ) from everything Qwerty put together, and hopefully keep him as involved as possible. The first week will be randomly selected matches, which will be used to see the first round (without points awarded) of the COGS turning.

Signups should be posted by clan leaders in the thread below, and if clan leaders could confirm with me over Steam or Skype to make sure all information is accurate, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to direct any questions or concerns to myself as well, you can simply PM me, email, or message.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:55:19 pm by Letonator »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: COGS Season Three, REBIRTH
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »
I thought Urz said he'd rather make his own event rather than inherit Cogs.

Offline Sasquatch

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:12 pm »
Team Name: The Waddling

Team Colors: Black (Primary), Orange (Secondary)

Team Logo: Provided Below

Contact Information:     Sasquatch: alex_stone89@yahoo.com (Steam ID: alexstoneguy)     Morblitz: morblitz@gmail.com

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:30:01 pm »

I believe Leto will be taking over.  In case you haven't heard him cast yet I can verify he's quite awesome at it.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:09 pm »
I know Leto was planning on reaching out to see if Urz was interested in helping out. Leto was looking to make a second casting team. But no, Urz is not inheriting cogs.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:57:32 pm »

I believe Leto will be taking over.  In case you haven't heard him cast yet I can verify he's quite awesome at it.
I have tried and failed to find replays of past streams by the robanddanshow before as I'm not always available to watch these streams live.  Will you guys be uploading the matches to either twitch or youtube after the streams end?

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:14 pm »

I have tried and failed to find replays of past streams by the robanddanshow before as I'm not always available to watch these streams live.  Will you guys be uploading the matches to either twitch or youtube after the streams end?
I believe so? http://robanddan.tv/youtube-video-archives/

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:09:36 pm »
Also the event is posted on my site http://theharborside.webs.com/

All the details you need should be available there.

Offline Letonator

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:53:19 am »

We'll be posting them to our YouTube page - youtube.com/therobanddanshow

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 02:42:22 am »
Signups should be posted by clan leaders in the thread below
In this thread below or in the stickied one?
Also, will there be a seeding tournament similar to what has been discussed here?

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 05:45:02 am »
so qwerty has left again?

this is getting really confusing.
No offense leto Im sure you'd do a really good job.
But a lot of the rules imposed in cogs seemed to be forced by qwerty when he created season 3.
Wouldnt it make more sens to make it as simple as can be?
I remember season 1 when the casters and organizers didnt even know who were playing who week after week.

also does it start 25 january or 18th january (seeding)? really confused here.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 06:02:05 am »
so qwerty has left again?

this is getting really confusing.
No offense leto Im sure you'd do a really good job.
But a lot of the rules imposed in cogs seemed to be forced by qwerty when he created season 3.
Wouldnt it make more sens to make it as simple as can be?
I remember season 1 when the casters and organizers didnt even know who were playing who week after week.

also does it start 25 january or 18th january (seeding)? really confused here.

It might be simpler and less controversial to try to let Leto roll with what Qwerty designed.  I imagine Letonator would rather keep rolling with what we have and start streaming some awesome battles than go back to the drawing board.

In any case it sounds like there must be a bunch of people under the pump at the moment to get this rolling.  I assume you are working closely with Muse to get this going, if you aren't I suggest you get them involved.  I wish Qwerty, Rob, Dan, Muse and everyone else that has been involved in season 3 organisation the best of luck over the next few months.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:36 am »
I love leto, and I think he's a great caster, and I think he would do really well at this. But I want to know who made this decision, and what lead to it. Not that I have anything against it, but this sprang up rather suddenly, with out any discussion about how to move forward.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 07:42:35 am »
Well BFS bringing the Blue and Black either way. But if something else gets hiccuped we'll have Aerodrome ready to go soon too.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:39 am »
I know Leto was planning on reaching out to see if Urz was interested in helping out. Leto was looking to make a second casting team. But no, Urz is not inheriting cogs.

Let me clarify, we had a meeting last night with a few clans discussing how we'd want to proceed if qwerty ran away again. Urz said he'd rather make a new event than try and run Cogs without qwerty (being the projected producer for season 3). That being said, seeing as how this is qwerty's thing with the community's support, I don't think me, or you, or anyone has the right to decide or dictate who gets to "inherit" cogs, whether it's urz or leto, or anyone else, as no one but qwerty really owns it.

So I think if we are going to proceed down this path, then as a community we need to have complete transparency and openness in the decision making, and agreement of how to proceed and move forward with the event. Just springing this up without talking about it, but making it a definite statement seems a bit brash and presumptuous, as if certain select few individuals are in the back making decisions about an event. How else would we have arrived at a thread decided who will be casting, when this event will happen, and how it will work without any prior discussion. If this is indeed a community event, why was Brick not approached? Why was Urz not approached? They have just as much right as leto, They are the senior commentators and producers, if they say no that's one thing, but it doesn't seem that way. Ideally they'd all work together to do this. I want this to happen as soon as possible, I've hated these delays, but just because qwerty is absent doesn't mean anyone can just pounce on it and say "mine!".
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:55:00 am by Byron Cavendish »