Author Topic: redria’s Journal - A High Level Guide to Flying Pyramidions  (Read 84424 times)

Offline Mizhir Starsurge

• Salutes: 21
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: redria’s Journal - A High Level Guide to Flying Pyramidions
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2014, 10:02:10 am »
Good question. I'm trying out being a gunner right now. Previously I just said lesmok on the flamers and heavy in the carronade, but I think you lose a lot of  damage from the flamer that way. I'm starting to like sticking burst in a flame thrower, just due to how much ammo you get (you can just keep shooting forever!) but I don't know if it's actually a good decision.
Best answer: let your crew decide. Talk to high level gunners and see what they bring.

I've been running the Urz build on Paritan for a while now (after that incredible match we had alerted me to it), and I've been using a Flamer gunner with Lesmok/Burst/Greased. Lesmok gives me some closing range, Burst allows for constant firing and a ton of disabling, and Greased gives you the highest DPS overall. Having all three gives you some nice variety in how you approach the fight.

What ammo for the carronade engineer?

Then your Deck Engie takes Lesmok for an easier forward Trifecta with the Carronade/Flamer/Flamer.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2014, 10:17:24 am »
Mizhir: I normally have my top-deck Engie run Greased rounds on the Carronade.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:25 am »
Bump. Yup, this gem doesn't deserve to be hidden on the second page.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 02:04:47 pm »
Bump. An ancient relic from the Pyramidion age, this guide's been extremely helpful when I started taking my baby steps into GOIO. May our beloved Pyra rest in peace. Now I want to cry.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »
An ancient relic
Who are you calling an ancient relic?

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 08:11:16 pm »
the glory days of the Pyra were honestly GOIO's golden age

why Muse felt the need to subvert that ship for the sake of a mobula+goldfish meta I have no idea.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 08:45:33 pm »
why Muse felt the need to subvert that ship for the sake of a mobula+goldfish meta I have no idea.

I shall take the bait and counter with my opinion of that it always was like that. It was the players, not the developers (and then the developers).

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2015, 03:57:34 am »
Thou shalt complain,

However! A new age of Pyra is anew.

Thy Muse lords never nerfed thou Pyra.

They gave me a challenge!  8)

Come at thee :P

Offline Disqus

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 02:30:55 am »
Aye Aye!

I'm new to the game and I was wondering what is the current status of the Pyramidion compared to other ships? Is it still a viable ship? I suppose yes if it's in the hands of a good pilot.

Last question : What kind of « nerf » has suffured the Pyramidion in the past updates?

Cheers ;D

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 03:33:37 am »
Personally, I feel all ships are fairly balanced now,

Although if you've got the experience, you can still pretty much kill any ship with a pyra

Originally, the Pyra received a massive nerf to mass, speed and overall hull health, since the last major update, they have upped the speed and the mass of the ship to make it more balanced, its lovely to fly now

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 05:35:29 am »
It got more mass than it had originally and got its hull health back. It is really lacking speed, less top speed than originally and acceleration, since that didn't get affected by the last buff.

Its lack of speed means it is vulnerable to mobile Hwachafishes. Being able to keep your front guns pointed towards an enemy ship will usually always keep your engines safe.

It is still the only ship that can effectively use Gatling and Mortar and some rams with the new mass can even throw of a Galleon these days. If you manage to ambush with it, you are pretty much guaranteed to get a kill. Don't get ram happy though, that always fails on all ships.

Offline Disqus

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 05:18:57 am »
Thanks for the answers  ;)

I've been able to pilot a Pyramidion for two weeks, me and my crew really enjoyed it.

We tested the following front guns combinations :
  • Whirlwind Gatling & Scylla Mortar for very close range. Seems to be a double-edged combo allowing for very fast kill and also very fast death.
  • Whirlwind Gatling & Artemis Rocket Launcher for mid / long range. My favorite setup so far. The disabling capacity of the Artemis is extremely powerful, well balanced with its magazine size and rate of fire.
I'm currently planning to test the Hades & Echidna combo, and two Phobos Mine Launchers... yes mine launchers in front :P

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 05:26:26 am »
My personal favorite Pyramidion Loadout currently is Gatling + Banshee

It is a fairly effective weapon against ships such as Spire and Mobula - a Third Banshee can also be used to provide extra firepower against ships such as Junkers, Goldfish and Galleons. Squids are also at risk as the banshees make quick work of balloons and can set engines and hull on fire.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2016, 10:51:15 am »
Yes, i like double banshee with gat. However it is not as powerful as gat mortar. its nice against squids and mobula though - two ships that are difficult to ram and can easily dodge mortars