Author Topic: Back Log  (Read 19826 times)

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
Re: Back Log
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:44:05 am »
Heavy weapon is a must; galleon loadouts are as stagnant as ever.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:23 am »
So..... Am i going to have to be the one that points out there are no heavy weapons that are use-able in this game atm?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 08:47:29 am »
So..... Am i going to have to be the one that points out there are no heavy weapons that are use-able in this game atm?

Just because there's no ship with a heavy weapons mount doesn't mean that there are no usable heavy weapons.  You don't know for certainty that Muse doesn't fly around in a giant mother ship with a heavy howitzer that one shots everything in the game and blows holes in terrain on their test servers.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 10:53:15 am »
It just seems a bit silly to insist on calling them "medium" weapons when there's nothing above them — "medium" implies they lie between two other options, which is not the case. Which leads me to believe 1) it's a silly name or 2) one day Muse is suddenly going to hit us with new ships with heavy weapon mounts and an entire line of heavy weapons, out of nowhere.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »
I would guess that Muse is going to give us a heavy weapon strapped onto an enemy ship in a boss fight when Adventure Mode comes out.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 07:55:09 pm »
They list the Hwacha and lumberjack as heavy weapons in the game. Most players refer to the bigger flak cannon and carroande as the heavy flak and the heavy carronade.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »
I would guess that Muse is going to give us a heavy weapon strapped onto an enemy ship in a boss fight when Adventure Mode comes out.

I think you mean a weapon they strap a ship around?

They list the Hwacha and lumberjack as heavy weapons in the game. Most players refer to the bigger flak cannon and carroande as the heavy flak and the heavy carronade.

They're listed as medium weapons... I do believe the carronade and the flak are actually named heavy but are still medium weapons...

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 10:36:10 pm »

Yes, I mean something like the Howitzer as posted in this thread on a massive slow moving AI enemy boss ship.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 12:03:25 am »
mmh, I indeed would love a glass cannon ship built around a howitzer, with an insanely long reload time, and single shot magazine, along with a *possible* warmup/cooldown period; to make it balanced would to have a super low permahull health (i.e. 300 - 450) and moderate armor; thus, this would give incentive to protect it, as of it having maybe one other gun: a light gun with restricted arc.

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 12:44:23 am »

They're listed as medium weapons... I do believe the carronade and the flak are actually named heavy but are still medium weapons...

They all have heavy in the title and they are listed as heavy guns when you look at the gun in the game.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 07:36:16 am »
Harpoon mechanics! It has got potential to be a useful and fun utility weapon. Unfortunatly it's wasted atm :(
Come on muse, you've basically got the math that's needed to implement proper harpoon physic in your code already (your ramming model). Now just invert it and let us pull our foes into their certain doom!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:40:07 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:21 pm »
They're heavy guns. They were originally medium I believe with plans to eventually roll out ships with 'heavy' weapons, but I believe plans have changed. Now we just have Heavy and Light weapons, with no Medium.

Personally I'd like to see harpoons working in an intuitive non-breaking fashion, but mostly because I like taking the idea of making utility weapons deadly.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 09:31:59 pm »
Random idea- while the ship is impaled, make it temporarily lose a portion of its hull armor, kind of like a negative buff.

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 12:56:37 am »
Random idea- while the ship is impaled, make it temporarily lose a portion of its hull armor, kind of like a negative buff.

What about reduced speed instead of armor?

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:03 am »

What about reduced speed instead of armor?
Reduced speed makes more sense